‹ Prequel: White Wedding

Nothing To Lose

01

I stared down at the white gown that was hugging my body, letting my fingers brush over the delicate silk making a smile grow gently on my face. The soft orchestra began to fill the room next to me. I grabbed the bundle of flowers laid upon the table before heading towards the soft music. The two sides of people faced towards me, smiling and some wiping away their tears of happiness as I graced them with my presence. Through the thin piece of material covering my face, I could make out what as going on in front of me, I could see my family and friends as I glided along gracefully, in hope of not landing flat on my face. As I got closer, I could see his face clearer and clearer. The love of my life standing before my friends with me, ready to proclaim our love to each other. He smiled as I stepped up to the altar, his newly dyed bleach blond hair matching his black tuxedo perfectly. He grabbed my hand, squeezing it gently as we came to the realization that we would spend the rest of our lives together. He would be mine forever....

"Johnny!" I shouted, partially muffled by a hand with the word 'wine' tattooed along it. He had somehow managed to end up in my bed again, waking me up from my peaceful sleep.

"Ronnie? What are you doing here?" He asked groggily, moving his hand from my face and rubbed his eyes with it.

"My room," I muttered, "Johnny, it's early please could you-" I was cut off by a snoring noise, I turned to Johnny who had fallen asleep again before I knew it, he rolled over draping his hand on my stomach. I sighed and moved it off gently, I looked at the clock resting on my bedside table. Eight in the morning. Isn't he the greatest? I groaned in defeat and got out of bed, being careful not to disturb a knocked out and evidently hung over Johnny. It's what a hard night of drinking does to you. You're probably wondering why, I guess.
Johnny, got away Scot-free. He just had to pay the damages for the bar, which he was more than happy to do. Andrew on the other hand, he wasn't as happy. He ended up representing the hooligan who was starting on Zacky. The look on Andrews face was priceless when Johnny wasn't charged. Evidently, the guys went to celebrate to mark the occasion whilst the girls and I decided on watching some chick flicks. It's amazing how, 10 months earlier, I had no friends, I would hang out with a bunch of stiff lawyers who thought their idea of fun was having a glass of wine and rambling on about politics.
Whereas now, I have the greatest friend I could ever ask for, Johnny. And of course, how can I forget the other guys, I wouldn't be anywhere if it wasn't for them.

Making my way downstairs I had to avoid Jimmy, who was drunkenly laying on the staircase, hugging a bar of the banister. Wandering into the kitchen, I stepped over Matt, who was completely passed out on the floor. I made myself a cup of tea with real milk, not the cruddy vegan Soya substitute Andrew had made me drink. I walked into the living room rolling my eyes as I looked to Zack and Brian who were taking up the whole sofa, looking very cozy together. I sipped on my tea and then it dawned on me, 'The TV', I grinned to myself and grabbed the remote control, changing the channel to fuse, where coincidently they were playing the guys video for 'Beast and the Harlot'. I looked to Brian and Zacky who started to stir softly, the grin on my face grew as I turned up the volume, just in time for Brian's guitar solo.

"Where's my guitar!" Brian yelled as he shot up in his seat, socking Zacky in the jaw.

"What the fuck Brian!" Zacky yelped in pain, rubbing his jaw better. He looked to me as I was trying to hold back my fits of laughter about to burst out, and then back to Brian, who looked like he could stab me at any given moment. I casually placed my mug of tea on the coffee table and rose to my feet, running as fast as I could with Brian running after me.
"Run, Ronnie, Run!" I heard Zacky shout as I lead Brian on a wild goose chase around the house, eventually running back into my room, landing on my bed and kneeing Johnny in the stomach accidentally.

"Ouch!" He groaned. Brian ran into my room, trying to catch his breath.

"Stop smoking then you fool!" I joked, he threw himself on his bed and started to breath heavily, "Awww, Brain, if I make you breakfast, will you be able to breath again?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Well then, get your ass up," I laughed.

"Breakfast?" Johnny said sitting up quickly. I walked back down the stairs, where Jimmy was still fast asleep hugging the stair banister. Now, this is the perfect time for a cruel joke. I stifled my laughter as I knelt down, moving my fingers along the side of Jimmy's face and around his ears in a crawling like motion. Jimmy's number one fear: spiders..

"Leana, stop, my head hurts," he grumbled. I held back laughter and continued my actions, "Leana," he whined.

"Jimmy, Christ there's a freaking spider on your face!" I said in panic. He immediately jumped up, like the floor was on fire and began swatting away like crazy.

"Where is it?! Get it off!" he shouted. I giggled as he was spinning around in circles, attempting to shoo away a non existent bug.

"Glad you're awake," I laughed patting his shoulder. He stopped and glared at me. I wandered into the kitchen where the guys were sitting behind the breakfast bar, waiting for their food.

"Ronnie, you know I said we'll go shopping today?" Johnny said sipping on his coffee.

"Yeah, what about it?" I asked as I grabbed a carton of eggs from the fridge.

"Well, some thing's come up, and I can't do it today, sorry sweetie."

"Oh, that's okay, maybe tomorrow, yeah?" I said trying to hide the fact that I was upset. I just didn't want to make Johnny feel bad.

"My brother's coming down tomorrow, remember, huge ass BBQ?" He said again.

"Oh yeah, how did I forget," I rolled my eyes, "Maybe this weekend," I smiled.

"It's a date," he grinned. Pfft. I wish.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be much appreciated. Let me know what you think.
And yes...there will be twists ;]