Maneuvers

The Break Up

At the lunch table under the tree, London stuffed four to six fries in her mouth and growled, "I hate this, sometimes ... just sometimes I wish I were a boy," She said with her mouth full.

I stirred my Wendy's Chocolate frostie with my spoon before taking a bite, "London, what do you think about Kyle?"

She looked at me with her brown eyes and frowned, "Like am I attracted to him?"

"No,"

"Oh, I was gonna say, are you kidding me Kyle Burns is cute and all but the guy is like a brother to me, plus he isnt my type," She paused a bit then took a bite of her burger as she just stared at me, the wheels in her head turning. Swallowing what was in her mouth she raised her eyebrows, "What do you think of Kyle Burns, Miss Andersen?"

"I think I'm in love with him," I whispered truthfully as I took another bite of my frozen treat, then out of nowhere Kyle sat down next to me.

"Speak of the devil," London smiled before taking a rather large gulp of her soda. I looked at Kyle and he smiled innocently. I laughed as I got a bite of the frostie on the spoon and held it to his lips. He took the bite, giving that's probably why he sat down next to me.

"What are you two doing over here all by your pretty little selves?" He asked as he stole a french fry from London.

"PMSing and having girl talk, want to join us?" London asked seriously.

He just looked at her then at me, "Well, that sounds like a tempting invitation, but PMS scares the living hell out of me, and I dont do girl talk," He laughed softly then looked at me, "I'll see you in last period," he said simply then sighed, "One more bite,"

I handed it all to him, "I cant eat it," I said softly not being able to eat it anymore.

"Are you sure?"

I nodded then he took it. He kissed my temple softly, "See you later boo ... London, enjoy your PMS,"

"Always," She replied as he left. After he was out of hearing distance, "Boo?" She asked, "That's cute,"

I shrugged as I glanced over my shoulder at him as he joined a group of his friends. I inhaled deeply then looked back at London. She smiled at me then nodded, "You two need to be together, you two would be so much more happier than you already are," She nodded, "My two best friends dating would be great, but if there is ever a break up, there will be no custody battle over who gets London," She smiled.

I laughed then ran my hand through my hair, "He spent the night last night,"

"And?"

"And what?" I asked, "He just spent the night,"

"No sex?"

"We werent intoxicated," I mumbled softly.

"Oh, so you two only have intoxicated sex?"

I nodded, "Most of the time," I paused, "Sometimes we're sober,"

She smiled then it faded as she looked over my shoulder, "I'll see you after school," With that, she picked up her things and left the table. I turned around to watch her walk away towards Kyle and his friends when I spotted Jared walking my way. I growled softly to myself then turned back around as I rubbed my face.

"Hey Chloe," Jared said as he sat down across from me.

"Hi," I forced a smile.

He smiled back then sighed as he put his hands palms down onto the picnic table, "You want fun?" He asked.

I just nodded with a shrug as I looked at him.

"Ok, then you're going to absolutely love me," He smiled his million dollar smile then he inhaled, "We're going to Martinique, for the summer,"

Staring at him with my eyes wide, I frowned, "What?" I managed to get out.

"There's a beautiful house down there that I can rent out for the summer, we'll be on an island, we can learn how to dive, sail do all kinds of things,"

"Jared you cant just take me away from everything," I whispered, trying to make a point.

"It's a paid for trip, all you have to do is come with me, no cost at all to you. How many boyfriends would do this for their girlfriends?"

"Boyfriends with money do it all the time," I insisted.

"Well, I'm a boyfriend with money, so let's go ... what do you say Chloe?" He asked.

"I still have a month left of school," I frowned.

"I got my Dad to talk to your principal, and well ... you can basically leave early and still graduate."

I turned around and looked over at my friends, Kyle was sitting ontop of a table, looking over our way, with curious eyes, it's not everyday that Jared is in town, let alone comes to my school on my lunch break. Kyle knows something is up.

"Jared, I dont know what to say ... three months---four months on an island away from my friends and family,"

"It's fun," He pointed out, "Chloe you said you wanted fun, this is the way I know fun. Fun to me is taking long, lazy vacations..."

"Jared, I have prom, graduation, the camping trip ..." I trailed off, "I cant just cancel those things."

"Why not?"

"Because Jared, I've had those things planned for months now,"

"If you love me, you'll go,"

I just stared at him then frowned, "When have I ever said I loved you?"

"So, you dont love me?"

"I'm just saying, you shouldnt assume that someone loves you just because they're with you, Jared. I care for you a lot, and I really dont want to hurt your feelings, but love is a strong emotion, and without those emotions behind it, it's just a word ..." I paused, "So no, I dont love you, and for me to tell you that I love you, would be wrong of me,"

He clenched his jaw then nodded as he stood to his feet, "So, what are you breaking up with me?" He asked then frowned, "You know what, no dont even answer that, I have bent over backwards trying to understand you Chloe, trying to be who you want me to but I'm not good enough,"

"Oh please Jared, dont turn this around ... I dont tell you who you can and cant hang out with. I dont taking you shopping to completely overhaul your wardrobe because I dont like that way you dress, you did all of that to me. For two years Jared, two years I have been that perfect little girlfriend you wanted me to. Attending over the top parties for your parents with you, letting you take me out to fancy restaurants where you pay a hundred bucks for a piece of meat that is smaller than my pinkie, that isnt the life for me. So yes Jared, we are through,"

He narrowed his eyes on me then left without another word. I shook my head a little bit then he turned around and stormed back towards me, "You know what, this is about Kyle, isnt it?" He growled.

"This is about you not being what I need," I said simply.

He grabbed my arm violently and tightened his hand. I just looked at him never having seen this side of him, ever.

"Let her go, Jared," Kyle said sternly.

Jared stood up straight letting my arm go. He looked at Kyle then frowned meanly, "You should be happy, you probably put her up to this, huh?" He spat, "I hope you two and your dying need for each other, rot in hell," With that Jared stormed away, making a scene.

Kyle shook his head then looked at me, "Are you ok?"

I nodded as I rubbed my arm a bit then I stood to my feet.

"What happened?"

"He wanted to take me away for the summer, I didnt want to go,"

Kyle reached up and caressed my face, "Chloe?"

I looked up at him and sighed, "Kyle?"

"Has he ever hit you?" He asked, "Because if he has, you tell me right now and I swear to god that guy wont be driving out of this parking lot,"

"No, he has never hit me," I said truthfully, "This was the first time he's even ever done something like that,"

Kyle glared meanly then nodded slightly.

"Kyle, I left him,"

"For me?"

"Do you forgive me for the last six months?"

"There's nothing to apologize for," He said simply, "I was just as wrong as you were, I knew you had a boyfriend,"

"No, I mean, for being selfish and not leaving him earlier,"

He shrugged then for a soft smile, "I think I can find it within myself to forgive you,"

I laughed then wrapped my arms around him tightly, "If you ever go see MXPX without me again I'll kick your ass, Burns"

He smiled then kissed my nose, "So will you be my girlfriend?"

I nodded.

He smiled more then played with hair a bit, "So, I may not have the money Jared has, but I have some money and I was thinking before the camping trip, that me and you take a little trip down to Galveston, go play on the beach," He smiled.

I smiled, "Just us?"

He nodded with a smile, "Sorta like a graduation celebration," He smirked, "Clothing optional of course," he paused, "Well, in private anyway, I dont want you walking around showing your goods to all the boys, and Im sure you dont want me showing the ladies what I'm packin'"

I laughed then shook my head, "Ok, Galveston,"

"The day after graduation we'll drive down there, have week or so to ourselves, sound good?"

"Sounds perfect,"

Loudly, the bell rang and he groaned miserably, "I'll see you in last period, ok Boo?"

"Alright," I stood on my tippy toes to kiss him, but he still had to lower his head just slightly to let our lips meet. He pulled away slowly then smiled happily. I smiled back but we didnt let each other go.

Kyle suddenly frowned then smirked evilly, "What do you say we ditch the rest of the day?"

"Ditching school is very bad, Burns,"

He shrugged, "Drive into the city, have that rematch you want so bad,"

I poked his stomach playfully, "Ok, deal ... I'm gonna own you Kyle, you're gonna wish you never got behind the wheel," I laughed.

He laughed back as he took my hand in his then I tugged him towards the parking lot, "I think I'm gonna beat you again," He insisted cutely, "What's the wager?"

"Um ..." I trailed off slowly as I thought, "If I win you have to take me to dinner and for a long romantic walk,"

"And if I win," He said simply, "You blow me on the way home,"

"Kyle!" I laughed.

He smirked, "Fine, I'll think about it on the way up there."

I nodded then got to my car, giving I drove the both of us to school today. When we got in and on our way, Kyle reached over and rubbed my thigh like he's done so many times. I smiled to myself and nodded slightly. This is the start of something amazing, I can feel it already.
♠ ♠ ♠
... the sound of hearts, pumpin' at the same beat ...