So Young at Heart

Chapter One

“Gabe, get your ass down here!” I called, my foot tapping impatiently on the white carpet floor at the bottom of his staircase. I looked at my watch again; school started in 20 minutes. It took fifteen to get there from his house. I didn’t want to be late again.

“I’m coming! Jeez,” he replied. I could imagine the scene upstairs perfectly; Gabe standing in front of his full length mirror, tousling his hair and adjusting his clothes so that they were exactly how he wanted them to be. I sighed.

“Look, Gabanti, I'm sorry if your face isn't as beautiful as you wish it was, but I don’t want to be late again.” I heard movement upstairs, and Gabe appeared at the top of the staircase.

“Well, let’s get moving then.” He leapt down the stairs, passing me to grab his bag. I followed after him, sighing. He got to the door with his bag over his shoulder, opening it. He turned to me.

“Shall we, Miss Wilson?” He smiled, his hand carelessly waving towards the door.

“We shall,” I responded, walking out of the door. I heard the door close behind me as Gabe jogged up to match his footsteps with my own.

“So are you as pumped as I am that school is ending in a week?” he asked, his straight white teeth showing as he cracked a smile.

“Damn straight!” I yelped and I pumped my fist in the air. He laughed and pulled my arm down from where it was in the air.

“Woah now, Riley, don’t want people thinking I’m hanging out with an insane person or anything,” he said, still holding onto my arm. I stuck my tongue out at him.

“You’re evil.” I pulled my hand from his grasp and shoved it in the pocket of my blue hoodie. He imitated me, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his purple one.

“You shouldn’t wear that every day, you know,” I said to him. “Clothes generally get smelly if you wear them every day.” He brought his hand up to his mouth in shock.

“Did you just call me smelly?” I nodded, watching his expression. “You have three seconds to run,” he stated grimly, holding his hand up. My feet bounced in worry as he lifted his hand up. “One…” I sprinted ahead along the cracked sidewalk. I heard his long legs leaping after me. I squealed as I was thrown mercilessly to the ground with Gabe on top of me.

“Take it back,” he said, pinning me down.

“That…wasn’t...three seconds,” I panted. It’s hard to laugh when your lungs aren’t getting any air.

“Say it…” he warned me.

“Fine! You’re not...smelly,” I gasped. He grinned in satisfaction, getting up off of me. I just lay there, relishing the fact that air was getting to my lungs.

“Yay! AIR!” I exclaimed. He laughed and helped me up.

“That’ll teach you for messing with Gabe Saporta,” he said, fixing his precious hoodie.

“Like I’ll ever learn that,” I said with a grin. He huffed.

“Come on, we’re almost late,” he said. We quickened our pace until we reached hell on earth.

School.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ookay, new story. I won't write in this author's note box too often, because I think that authors notes take away from the story a little. I'll make an exception right now though. :]

I had some trouble going anywhere with my other story, I Know Those Eyes, so I decided to start writing a new story. Hope you like it :]