Sky Blue Eyes

Chapter 6

“Hmm… what about…. Chuckie Cheeses?!” He suggested with a huge grin across his face.
“… Chuckie… Cheeses?” I asked, trying to grasp the concept that an eighteen year old boy just suggested taking us to Chuckie Cheeses.
“Yeah, Chuckie Cheeses, it always cheers people up,” he explained as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.
“Sounds fun to me! I’ve never been to Chuckie Cheeses,” Star admitted.
“You’ve never been to Chuckie Cheeses?” Joe asked in disbelief.
“Our parents never took us,” I said quietly.
“That’s it. I’m taking you to Chuckie Cheeses, go get ready,” he commanded, pushing us towards the door.
“Fine, but I’m not going to enjoy it,” I complained.
“Oh, you’ll enjoy it, how can you not enjoy Chuckie Cheese?” I rolled my eyes and climbed up the stairs to the bus.
“Your brother has issues,” I told Nick and Kevin when we got inside.
“And you’re just figuring this out?” Kevin asked sarcastically.
“He’s taking us to Chuckie Cheese.”
“…and why would he do that?” Kevin asked.
“Our parents are getting a divorce and our dad is coming back to the U.S. to be a “parent” next month,” I explained, using air quotes on “parent”.
“I’m so sorry,” they both said.
“It’s fine. I’m have to go get ready now… for Chuckie Cheese,” I said laughing.
“Have fun!” Nick said, while both of them laughed.
I wasn’t really sure what I should wear for Chuckie Cheese, so I put on a casual sundress and my favorite pair of flip flops. As I was getting changed, I really started to think about what just happened. My parents were getting a divorce. Dad was coming home, but does that mean that I have to leave the tour? Is he coming on tour with us. I was confused and upset, but I couldn’t let anyone notice.
“Sky-Sky, you ready?” Star yelled. I quickly threw my flip flops on and ran to meet Star.
“Yup.”
We found Joe already waiting for us in the car. He had big sunglasses on. The same ridiculous sunglasses he wore to the Pancake house.
“I thought I told you to stop wearing those!” I joked.
“I couldn’t resist. I love these things. And what took you so long?”
“I was trying to figure out what to wear,” I explained. We made small talk until we arrived. We walked in to find millions of little kids running all over the place, with parents chasing after them.
“Welcome to Chuckie Cheese! Can I help you?” a girl asked as we walked through the door. She had on her uniform and looked annoyed.
“No thanks, we’re just here to cheer up my friends here,” Joe said pointing to us, but the lady already walked away. “Umm… okay. Well, let’s play some games!” he yelled and led us to the skee-ball. “I’m amazing at this.” We watched him as he played, he was really good.
“High score!” he yelled.
“Wow, you’re really good at this Joe!” Star complimented.
“Thanks, aren’t you guys gonna try?”
“I’ll give it a shot,” I said and placed my coins into the slot. I got 10 points each time I threw it, and at the end I got 20. A total of 70 points, nothing compared to Joe’s 350.
“You just need a little more practice. I’m gonna go turn my tickets in, I just got a bunch! I’ll be right back!”
While he was gone, Star and I practiced some more, we weren’t very good…
“Sky?” I turned around to find my best friend Lauren standing behind me.
“Lauren!” I screamed and gave her a hug. “What are you doing here?”
“Babysitting Max and his friends,” she said annoyed. She always got stuck babysitting her eight year old brother. “But what are you doing here?”
“Oh, umm… Well, Joe took me and Star to cheer us up. Our dad just called and told us that him and my mom are getting a divorce and now he’s coming back from Europe to be a ‘parent’.”
“Oh, Sky, I’m so sorry. That sucks!”
“Yeah, tell me about it. I just hope he doesn’t make me come home from the tour.”
“Speaking of which, how’s the tour going?” she asked.
“It’s actually a lot of fun. I thought that they wouldn’t care about me, but the guys are actually great!” I told her as I saw Joe running back toward us with stuffed animals in his hands. “And here come’s Joe…”
“I got you guys stuff!” he said, then saw Lauren. “Oh, who are you?” he asked.
“Joe, this is my best friend Lauren, Lauren, this is Joe,” I introduced.
“Hey,” she said.
“Hi. I didn’t know Sky had any friends,” he said, teasing me. Lauren laughed.
“You didn’t tell him about me?” she asked, pretending to be offended. I was going to respond, but instead I got a pink bear thrown at me. And a white one, and a big, brown dog. I looked over at Star, who got a small cat, and a dark brown bear.
“Your welcome,” Joe said.
“Umm… thanks?” I said, trying to hold them all.
“Aww, thanks Joe!” Star said, cuddling the bear in her arms.
“Sorry guys, but I have to go find my brother and his friends. I’ll call you!” Lauren said, searching the room for her brother.
“Okay, we should probably get going to. I’m hungry.”
“We can eat here if you want, maybe Lauren and her brother can join us?” Joe suggested.
“Lauren?”
“That’d be great! I just have to find them… oh, I see Max. Max!” she yelled, and her brother and his friends ran over to her. “Wanna eat dinner with Sky, Star, and their friend Joe?” Max looked at his two friends who shrugged.
“Sure.”
“Pizza?” Joe asked.
“Okay.”

Once we got our pizza we sat down and ate. Lauren and I caught up, we hadn’t talked to each other in a long time. I went on tour with Star and she went to Rome for a month.
“Sorry to break this up, but we gotta go. We’ve got a lot to do tomorrow,” Joe interrupted.
“oh, okay. Well, talk to you later, Lauren!”
“Bye!”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the long update! I was just recently at a JB concert... but the coolest part was I got to meet Demi Lovato! It was really cool, she was super nice. I hope you liked this chapter! comments?