Sequel: Faithfully Yours

Lots of Love, Mike

Back to California

"No way," said Mike.

"Yep," said Billie. "A small tour is being fixed up for us, they want us to go as soon as it's arranged. It'll be for a couple of months around the states. Fuck it man, this is what I've always wanted to do" and Billie went over to his old pal Mike and they hugged.

Two weeks later...

It was as hot as ever when Stella left the airport building. She looked about her remembering the day that she arrived there for her first time and the handsome Mike and Billie collected them. Not long now and she would be with him. This was it. This is going to be our time Mike. I can't wait any longer. She got into a taxi and gave them the Armstrong's address.

She paid the taxi driver and he helped her with her suitcase. Luckily it was on wheels so she headed up the driveway and pulled the suitcase easily along behind her. She rang the doorbell but nobody seemed to be in. Shit! Stella thought. What do I do now? I didn't plan for this. She started to turn and walk away down the path when the door opened.

"Stella my goodness," said Mrs Armstrong from the door. She was drying her hands on a towel. "I'm sorry I took so long to answer sweetheart but I wasn't sure if it was the door or not. My god, come in, come in you must be tired after your journey. Mike didn't tell me you were coming, should he have?" said Ollie.

"No, he doesn't know himself," said Stella dragging her suitcase into the hallway.

"Come through to the kitchen and I'll fix us some drinks," said Ollie.

Stella followed her through feeling just so right at home here and remembering the last time she was here with Jess. A shiver ran up her spine.

"Stella, Mike isn't here sweetheart," said Ollie pouring out some orange juice into some glasses. "I'm afraid they are touring and I don't know when they are going to be back"

"Oh my god," said Stella. "You don't know when they're going to be back?" she said slumping down onto a kitchen chair. "Oh Ollie. I've made a huge mistake, I should have told him I was going to come out, I so wanted to surprise him. Damn"

"They went away last week touring the states for a while. I can't really get hold of him as they are on the road most of the time and even they didn't know what their schedule was themselves. I'm so sorry sweetheart," she said sincerely.

"I can't believe this," said Stella. "I'm now going to have to stay for a couple of weeks as I can't change my ticket at all."

"Oh dear," said Ollie going over to the girl and putting her arms round her shoulders. She liked Stella and felt she would be good for Mike but he had been seeing a lot of Anastasia lately. Anastasia was lovely too, she couldn't fault her but something deep inside her told her that it was Stella and Mike that would make the better couple.

"Listen you can stay here as long as you like. Let me get in contact with some of the boy's friends. Hey, Tre is here in town. He often comes to see me for a chat and something to eat the cheeky devil, let me get a hold of him for you and you can perhaps spend some time with him," said Ollie.

"Oh Ollie, I'm not sure." Drummer's arms wrapped around me. Shit.

"Look, drink your drink, freshen up and I'll make up the room you had before. I'll call up Tre, he may know what to do. May be he'll even know where the guys are. He's got pretty close to them these past few months."

"Thanks Ollie. My mind is all over the place at the moment," said Stella yawning.

"It's OK, freshen up, have a sleep even; you're probably jet lagged," she said.

I gave her a kiss on the cheek. "You're a lovely lady, thank you so much"

"It's my pleasure sweetheart," said Billie's mom. "And actually it'll be good to have the company, its been so quiet round here," she said.

While Stella was in the shower, Ollie made up the room for her. She too was disappointed that Mike wouldn't get to see her. Poor Mike will be devastated, as she knew how much he liked Stella.

Stella got changed into some joggers and a small t-shirt, brushed out her damp hair and then suddenly she was overwhelmed with tiredness. She lay down for a moment on the bed not expecting for one minute to fall asleep... but she did.

**
"Butterfly, butterfly, wake up little butterfly," she heard. Who was that? Where was she?

"How come you've flown back into my life again?" said Tre.

Stella sat bolt upright. "Fucking hell," she said. "You scared me."

"Sorry," said Tre looking forlorn.

"Oh my fucking god what have you done to your hair, no way, am I seeing things, that's not green is it?" said Stella rubbing her eyes.

"Yep. Green as green," said Tre.

"You're fucking nuts as ever," said Stella yawning.

"Yeah and you're as cute as ever," said Tre. "Can I get in?"

"Oh don't start that again," said Stella. "No. No you're not getting in this time. Piss off."

"OK, I will," and Tre got up off the bed and walked towards the door.

"No I didn't mean it like that, I'm joking, but you're not getting in, anyway Ollie's downstairs." Said Stella.

"Oh so if I get rid of Ollie I can get in then?" said Tre settling himself back on the bed, closer this time.

"No!" shrieked Stella.

"Well Ollie was in the room just down the hall when you last stayed and you let me into your bed and you let me kiss you down... ."

"Stop," said Stella blushing bright red and covering her ears

"Well you did," said Tre, his eyes twinkling.

"I know I did," said Stella looking away.

"What are you doing here anyway?" he said.

"I came out to see Mike," she said laying back on the pillow.

"Oh, so you finally come to your senses then where Mikey boy is concerned?" said Tre.

"Yeah I suppose," said Stella.

"But he's not here Stella. You should have mentioned it to him and then you could have come over when he was here."

"I know, how fucking stupid can anyone get?" she said tears forming in her eyes.

Tre felt sorry for her. He still loved this girl and couldn't get her out of his mind but he knew it wouldn't be happening for him. Mike had won her heart. He went to her and hugged her close. She cried for only a short time then pulled away her face was wet with tears and snot so he grabbed a hanky from his back pocket and wiped her face.

"Now I don't do that often," he said. "So consider yourself very lucky that I've wiped your snot. You OK?"

"Yeah, I'm just disappointed and I've used my holiday from work and all my savings again."

"There'll be other times," said Tre.

"But I really felt that this was our time," said Stella.

"What are you going to do? Hang around here." Said Tre.

"I'm not sure what to do, I don't really want to stay here at the Armstrong's without Billie or Mike, and I'd feel awkward,"

"Hang out with me then," said Tre.

"Where?" said Stella sniffing.

"Here and there," he said.

"Oh, so you don't know where you sleep from one night to the next. How can I cope with that?" she asked.

"Easily," Said Tre "There are loads of cheap motels around the bay. I'm sure we can manage it."

"OK, you're on, but none of the old hanky panky this time," she said laughing at his wiggling eyebrows.

"Oh well then, you're on your own because that's all I want you for," and he hugged her again.

"Something smells good," she said.

"Yep, Ollie's cooked for you and she's invited me too. I love that lady. She's like a second mom to me," said Tre

"Yeah she's fantastic," said Stella

"Listen Stella, I'm so very sorry about Jess," said Tre looking so sincere. "What a beautiful young girl she was, how cruel for that to happen to her. Billie was so cut up but Mike was a good pal to him and I helped out where I could. Imagine losing someone like that. Billie's so young too. He's thrown himself into his work you know and they're doing so well. They've sold loads of copies of their record. I'm such a fan of there's."

"I know, and don't they deserve it, they've worked hard for years haven't they?"

"They sure have," said Tre.

"Stella! Tre! Food's on the table!" shouted Ollie from downstairs.

"We're coming," they both shouted together.

Stella got herself up from the bed, brushed her hair through and followed Tre downstairs.

**

Billie wiped the sweat from his brow with a towel.

"They loved us tonight didn't they?" said Mike looking over at his old buddy.

"They love us every night," said Billie. "Hey, you and Anastasia an item now?" he asked. "I heard you call her up earlier."

"No, not really," said Mike unstrapping his bass.

"Yes you are, you've taken her out a couple of times. You like her don't you?"

"Very much," said Mike putting his bass on a stand.

The guys were silent for a while then Billie spoke. "What about Stella?"

"What about her?" said Mike, not looking at Billie.

"It was obvious you liked her when she was here, why didn't you do anything about it?" said Billie.

"It was difficult," said Mike looking up at his friend.

"Oh Mike, how many times have I told you, grab the bull by the horns man and do something about it," he said. "I bet Tre would back me up on this one."

"It's too late and she's hundreds of miles away," said Mike sadly.

"I give up with you. Have you spoken to Stella or written lately?" said Billie.

"No."

"That's not good Mike," said Billie.

"I know and I feel bad about it," said Mike.

"You bad boy," said Billie waving his finger. "Seriously though Mike, please don't lose contact with her, you must carry on writing, you're so different when you don't hear from her and I think you need her in your life," he said fiddling with the chains about his neck. He always wore the chains but didn't ever bring up Jessie. Mike always thought that when Billie fiddled with the chains he was thinking about Jessie.

"I'm fucking loving this touring are you?" said Billie.

"Yeah, I am man," said Mike but the conversation about the women in his life had confused him. He liked Anastasia she was cute and kind and pretty but Stella was always on his mind and he couldn't forget the kiss that they had shared. He decided as soon as he was back that he would call her up. See if she could get over for a visit, he could even help her with the flight money now he was earning a little. Yeah, when he got back he would call her.

**

In Stella's dream she was kissing Mike in the back of a taxi on the way to an airport. It was a long lingering kiss and they were getting carried away, Mike's hands were wandering ...

"Wake up sleepy head, fucking hell you can sure sleep the day away given the chance."

Damn, her dream had ended. She stretched out her limbs and rolled over to look at Tre, he was fully dressed and waiting for their day to begin, green hair sticking up and blue eyes shining.

They had found a motel on the bay that had fairly cheap rooms. It was clean enough and had a bathroom and TV so it suited them both.

"What time is it?" she yawned.

"Its fucking lunchtime and I'm starving," he said.

"You're always starving, I've never known anyone eat like you. I'm surprised you don't look like a sumo wrestler with all that you eat." She laughed.

"Well I like to burn it off in loads of different ways baby!" said Tre, jumping on her.

"Ouch! You're really heavy, get off me I can't breathe," she said laughing.

"Oh get up woman I want to show you around," said Tre.

Stella stretched again. "Give me 10 minutes. I need a quick shower," said Stella throwing back the covers.

"Yeah you do," said Tre holding his nose.

"Fuck off Cool," said Stella.

"I like it when you call me Cool," he said.

"Good," said Stella "You have no choice in the matter." and she darted behind the bathroom door avoiding the pillow that Tre had hurled at her.

One week later...

"I thought I'd be in there by now," said Tre looking over at Stella.

"In where?" said Stella

"In that bed with you," he said.

They were sitting up; each in their own bed with breakfast TV on eating some cookies and drinking some milk that Tre had popped out to get earlier.

"Oh did you now?" Said Stella. "Am I that easy?" she said looking over at him.

"Well you were back then," said Tre

"No I wasn't," squealed Stella.

"Yeah I initiated you with my body beautiful, any other guy from now on should be grateful that I have shown you a few tricks."

"Fuck off, you're so rude. I haven't been with another guy since you so... there," she said throwing over a cooking.

Tre immediately picked up the cookie and stuffed it into his mouth.

"God you're so greedy," she laughed.

"I know," he said. "You love it. Anyway, what do you want to do today?" he said.

"Don't mind," she said. "Any ideas?"

"How about we go camping up in the mountains," said Tre.

"WHAT?" said Stella brushing crumbs off her bed.

"Yeah, it's fucking brilliant. I know this guy with a tent and a stove and all. Its great up there, there's loads to see and the views of the bay are magnificent. We won't have to pay for another night in this motel either; they've had enough money out of us."

"OK then," said Stella, let's do it."

Later...

"Tre its taken four hours now and you still haven't got this tent up. It's starting to get dark and cold and I'm scared. You haven't got a clue what you're doing have you," she laughed watching Tre trying to erect the tent.

"Actually no, I thought it would be easier than this. Hey that's it, I've got it now," and suddenly the tent took shape.

"Right, get the stove warmed up," he said, "I've got some sausages to cook."

"I'd love a sausage," said Stella.

"Now who's being rude?" said Tre.

"Oh shut up," said Stella. It was starting to get dark and chilly so they put on their sweatshirts, lit the stove and sat round it warming them up and turning the sausages every now and then.

Stella put the sausages into some buns and they ate them ravenously. Tre yawned.

"You tired after your tent pitching," said Stella.

"Fucking tired," said Tre. "I may have to go to bed."

"What at this time?" said Stella checking her watch.

"Well actually it is midnight," said Tre.

"Oh my god, yeah, I suppose we had better get into bed."

They turned off the stove and got into the little tent. It was a little bit of a squeeze but was very cosy. They were quite close to each other, closer than they had been for the entire week and Tre was desperate to reach out and take her in his arms but he knew he couldn't. It would have to come from her.

"Have you a girlfriend Tre?" asked Stella.

"Loads," said Tre.

"Are you ever serious?" she said looking over at him.

"Sometimes, when the mood takes me," said Tre. "Actually, no I haven't a girlfriend, just friends that are girls but I'd love one; I'd love to share things with a special person. May be my turn will come one day," he said. "Most girls think I'm just a clown but I can't help being this way."

"God you're only 17 for god's sake," said Stella. "You've got years ahead of you to find someone."

"I've found someone but she wants someone else," said Tre

"Oh don't start that again," said Stella.

"Hey, do you remember our nights in that room, I often think of them," said Tre.

"Actually I remember them quite often," said Stella "but sometimes I get embarrassed by them." Yeah she fully remembered the nights of passion that they shared. Her body certainly remembered and sometimes her body craved that feeling again.

"I see you got your butterfly charm," said Tre fingering her bracelet.

"Of course, it's beautiful, I love it and I never did thank you did I? There was so much going on at that time. I love it Tre and thank you."

She looked into his eyes and her heart melted. He was such a good fun guy.

"You have a bread crumb on your lip," she said reaching over to brush it away but as she did he kissed her fingers and then the palm of her hand. She felt her body responding as it did before. She moved her hand then to the back of his green hair and pulled him towards her where they enjoyed a lingering kiss.

Tre sighed and leant back. Shit what was happening here.

"Its so cold in here," said Stella snuggling up to him.

He wrapped his arms around her and she felt content in his arms, suddenly she leant over him and started kissing him again. She wants me thinks Tre.

Their passions overcame them and soon enough they were lying naked together in the little tent that Tre had built. Tre and Stella stayed warm for the rest of that night.

**

"I know," said Mike "I think I'll send some postcards to Stella, that way I don't need to write much down and I'm still in contact with her." He said to Billie.

"Good idea man, start straight away. You know she said to me when she was in California that she loved reading your letters. She's a lovely girl Mike and you'll have me to answer for if you stop writing to her," said Billie.

"I know, I know. I won't stop writing I know that, it's just that I've been busy lately."

"Yeah, with Anastasia," said Billie.

Mike didn't answer.

"You are a fucking item Mike Dirnt, and don't you deny it. She wants to have your babies, it's so obvious. Have you... . you know?"

"No Billie we haven't," said Mike rolling his eyes.

"Better get on to the case then," said Billie.

"Maybe," said Mike but his mind wasn't on Anastasia, it was on Stella, as usual.