Forever... I Gave My Heart Away

Jeff and his imaginary friend

Last night’s party was fun. Everyone was having a great time. The atmosphere was extremely positive which made me in a better mood. Zack and I actually spent time together. Surprisingly it wasn’t awkward at all. He told me about Gena and it seems like he’s really into her. I told him to go for it. He smiled and hugged me after I said that. I guess we’re back to the friendship level we were on before we dated. Everyone was excited I was actually being social. Currently, I was sitting at the same spot I have been during this tour so far, The Confession’s merch tent. Today was one of the hottest days on the tour that I was actually wearing shorts (and of course a band tee). I was in the middle of texting my parents’ when I hear Jeff’s voice.

“Hey Mikey.”

“Hmm.”

"I have someone for you to meet.”

“Oh yeah you’re imaginary friend?”

I heard someone laughing. I look up to see Jeff frowning at me and a good-looking guy standing next to him was laughing.

“No. I have actual friends. And even if I had an imaginary friend you wouldn’t be able to see him,” he said then stuck his tongue out at me.

“Hi I’m Tim and I’m not imaginary.”

“Hi Tim. I’m Mikey. And thank goodness you are normal unlike him,” I said while pointing at Jeff.

Jeff pouted once again. I chuckled and looked at Tim.

“I’m sorry but you look so familiar. Where are you from?”

He smiled and said, “I’m from As I Lay Dying.”

“Oh! I’ve heard of you guys! You’re awesome! You’re the front man correct?”

“Thanks. Yep I am.”

“Cool.”

“Yep.”

I looked at Jeff who was now smiling.

“Hey Mikey.”

“Yes Jeff?”

“Why don’t you go with Tim to see his band play? They’re playing in like twenty minutes.”

“Who’s going to watch the tent genius?”

“Me and the boys.”

“Well where are the boys?”

Before he could reply, his phone went off. He checked his phone and then responded to whoever it was that had texted him.

He looks up and replies, “Now.”

“Are you sure you know what to do?”

“Yes. We actually did run our tent before we asked you.”

“Okay okay, just making sure.”

I walked out of the tent up to Tim.

“Ready to go,” he asked.

I smiled and said, “Of course.”

We were walking together in silence towards the Main Stage where his band is playing. As we approached the side of the stage I saw some guys getting their gear ready who I presumed to be his band members.

“Guys I want you to meet someone.”

Everyone turned around and look at Tim and me. Can you say awkward much?

“This is Mikey. She works with the boys of The Confession. Mikey this is Nick, Jordan, Phil, and Josh.”

“Nice to meet you,” I said with a small smile.

They returned the ‘hellos’. Someone was shouting Tim’s name and he shouted back a response. “I’ll be right back,” he said as he touched my shoulder. “Okay,” I said with a nod. He walked off towards the person that shouted for him earlier. One of the band members, Nick came up to me and started talking. We had this conversation that was about everything, anything. Tim returned about five minutes before their show started.

“Hey My.”

“Yes?”

“Wanna hang out after the set?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Mikey's Outfit