A Lot Like Love

Expect The Unexpected

"I think it's cute." Moray declared, giggling. Macon and Brittney exchanged looks before laughing as well. They werestanding loitering front of their favorite ice cream shop, Cold Stone Creamery. It sold the best ice cream in town, and it was their hang out. The owner was a good friend of the Forrester family, and Macon happened to be Fred's, the owner and operator, best customer and friend.

"What happened next?" Moray insisted. Macon was telling Brit and Moray about her and Nick's time together yesterday. Macon was at part where she asked Nick if her father could ever stop loving her.

"Well, then he said No one could stop loving someone like you" Macon quoted Nick. Macon couldn’t help but grin as Nick's words left her mouth. She wanted to kick herself for smiling at the though of him, but her lips just cruved into a smirk anyways.

"Awhh. I think I died a little inside. He's a romance." Brittney squealed as did Moray. Macon rolled her eyes at them. "Typical Brit and Mor, thinking with their heart’s more than their head’s. I'm so glade I’m not suck in that kind of delusional state." Macon thought.

"Well he’s a song writer, he's bound to be good with words. He's probably got a million of those lines that make all the girls knee's go weak." Macon corrected in a matter-of-factly type of tone.

"He does not! Stop trying to objectify everything, and just go-with-the-flow. He’s being sweet and you know it makes you happy that he's so nice you. You do remember what happy is Macon, right?" Moray wondered, metaphorically of course. Macon bit her lip. "I know what happy is, I'm not retarded. But I also know how fast happy can ruin your life when 'happy' turns out to be a lying; cheating son-of-a-bitch." Macon mentally said, with her cynical attitude toward men.

"Whatever, it was cliché anyways." Macon stated. She refused to get rapped up in some boy just cause he said a couple nice things to her. Nick was nice but everyone can be nice. It's the assholes under cover as nice guys you gotta watch out for.

"It was nice and you know why he's being so nice to you? It's because he likes you." Brittney whispered into Macon's ear, rubbing her shoulder. Macon blushed, hiding her face.

"Ohh my gosh. You totally like him back, don’t you?" Brittney announced, a little to loudly. Macon looked up at Brit, rising an eye brow at her as if saying "Please, do you know who your talking to?".

"Your with your sister and best friend, you can totally tell us. We promise not tell anyone that your love-sick over a boy, god for bid people might think your normal for liking someone of the male gender, but we're not gonna tell anyone. And if you worried about us telling him, well we won't do that either, we will let you tell him that." Moray explained, patting Macon on the back.

"When your ready." Brittney added with a gentle smile.

"Well, I promise that I do not like him." Macon reassured, standing up. "And I am normal, thank you very much. Just cause I don’t plan my world around boys and falling in love doesn't mean I'm a freak. I mean's I'm smart. And love-sick? Come on Moray, that’s a little much don’t you think? We haven't even been on date, yet?"

"So you wanna go on a date." Brittney smiled suggestively at Macon.

"I never said that." Macon laughed. Brittney shook her head slowly, still snickering.

"Sure Macon. Sure."

Macon chuckled before shaking her head receptively back and forth.

"You know what, Macon, your right." Moray announced, interrupting Brit's and Macon's laughing. Macon looked at Moray curiously, knowing Moray would never say she was right.

"You and Nick haven't been on a real date, yet."

"Moray, you didn't" Macon trailed off, panicky.

"Good thing Brittney and me set up one up today. So you better get over your man-phobia soon because he's gonna be here any minute." Moray busted out, spilling the beans. Macon's face dropped.

"You did what?" Macon questioned, shocked. Brittney nodded her head at Macon, giving her the thumbs up. Macon turned around to the window of the ice cream shop, and began fixing her hair. Macon stopped once she was aware that Moray and Brittney were staring at her strange.

"Ohh you don't like him, huh?" Brittney and Moray said in unison, both of them giving Macon a lame look. Macon opened her mouth to explain but Moray pointed to the left, and shrieked.

"There he is!"

Moray then began to drag Brittney away, leaving Macon standing there by herself.

"Come on Brit, you can help me pick out baby clothes!" Moray exclaimed, pulling Brit farther and farther away.

"Brittney! You don't even like babies or shopping." Macon hollered after her.
Macon heard a faint "It's for your own well being." before Brittney and Moray where totally out of sight. Macon whipped around to try again to fix her hair but Nick was standing in front of her.

"Hey." Nick waved. Macon grinned at him awkwardly.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter is gonna be the bomb,
at least I think so.

Thanks CalmChaos for cmmting again!
Thanks superjoes.girl.x3 for saying she liked chap. 7 & 8.
Thanks kool4u for reminding me to update.
&& Thanks KissTheGirl16 for saying she related to Macon.