Dancing in Black and White Photographs

Head Banging and Accident Prone

I was sleeping; I knew that much. My dreams kept changing what made me realize that. Someone was talking around me. I realized a long time ago if people are talking around me, they’ll either wake me up or mess up my dreams. The voices were disoriented and all I wanted to do was go back to sleep. I was actually comfortable where I was. I didn’t remember where I was until the voices became recognizable. I was beginning to think it was about me. If it wasn’t Nikki, would have purposefully tried to wake me up by now. Their voices were considerably quiet, which is what I was mostly suspicious about.

“Do you honestly expect her to notice?” I heard Nikki whisper.

I heard DJ sigh. “Not really,” he said, shifting his legs, which moved my head slightly. I noticed that in my sleep I had shifted so I was lying on my back.

“Do you plan on telling her?” Nikki asked, continuing his interrogation. I was beginning to wonder where James was; I hadn’t heard a word from him. I could feel a sneeze coming up as well.

“Probably should wake up the Princess, we only have an hour left to get ready,” Nikki said.

“Alright,” DJ said, I felt him shift his weight. I think his goal was to lean over and shake my shoulders to wake up. Instead, he leaned forward and I ended up sneezing in his face. But that wasn’t all: I also ended up hitting his head with my own because of the force from the sneeze. I ended up falling back into his lap from the impact, which both of us were groaning in pain over. I heard Nikki laughing like the ass he is. After the waves of dizziness disappeared, I sat up so I wouldn’t pass out.

“It’s not funny, Tattoos,” I groaned out pathetically. I was now sitting away from the person who caused me pain.

“I think it is,” Nikki said, almost innocently. It actually made me sick.

“Stop talking to me,” I told him

“”What will you do if I don’t?” he asked taunting me.

“Rip out your vocal chords,” I stated dryly. I leaned my head against the couch. I looked over at DJ to see that he was doing the same.

“Now I have to play with a headache,” he mumbled when he noticed me looking over at him.

“Princess, do you ever not cause an accident?” Nikki asked casually.
I glared daggers at him. “Accidents can happen,” I mumbled. “The only time bad things happen are when you’re around; it’s your entire fault,” I continued.

Nikki smirked. “And how’s that my fault?” He asked me.

“You’re just my bad luck charm,” I said. “Funny, you aren’t that charming either,” I sighed.

Nikki continued to smirk, obviously not fazed by my insult. “You alright, Vampire Eyes?” DJ just groaned, rubbing at his face where I sneezed on him. There was a moment of silence where no one talked, or in DJ’s case, groaned. I was now irritated with DJ; I had to take pictures of them with a headache. Just looking at Nikki was bad enough.

“What time is it?” I asked, trying to shake off the dizzy spells.

“Around five,” Nikki said. “The only reason why DJ woke your lazy ass up in the first place.” I rolled my eyes at Nikki but got up to go get dressed anyways. Right now I was wearing sweats and a baggy Alice Cooper shirt. I walked over to the bunk area to grab some clothes out of my suit case. I pulled it out from under my bunk and began the search. I found something decent: a forest green tank top and Jean Capri’s with zippers placed randomly.

I walked over to the bathroom door and without knocking, opened it. When I opened the door what I saw wasn’t what I was expecting. I quickly shut the door trying to get the image out of my mind and hoping my cheeks weren’t red. I just saw James Michaels peeing; probably one of the most awkward moments of my life.

I looked around, hoping no one else saw that. I went back to the bunk area and slid to the ground. I thought about all the bad things that happened to me, and it hasn’t even been ten minutes since the last event. Nikki’s right, I am accident prone as much as I wished to deny it. I buried my head into my knees when I heard the bathroom door open. If it was Nikki who I walked in, it wouldn’t have been bad. I would have just made fun of him for having smaller assets, whether it was true or not. James on the other hand is too nice to me. He protects me from Nikki’s vulgar words and keeps hinting at something with DJ.

I felt someone’s hand rest on my head. I heard James laughter to confirm who it is. “You know it’s really not that big of a deal. I expected that to happen sooner or later. I should have locked the door,” James said nicely. I felt his hand leave my head and his foot steps retreating. I was glad he walked away; I wouldn’t have been able to look at him without that certain image coming into mind. I sat there for another two minutes and then left to go get dressed.

I walked a slow pace into the bathroom, suddenly feeling picked on. Even though what just happened was an accident, along with what happened to DJ. I probably should apologize to both of them, without Nikki being around. I closed the bathroom door, making sure it was locked. I really hope James doesn’t tell anyone; though, I highly doubt my wishes will be answered. This was making me remember two days ago when I punched Tommy in the balls. I’m still getting shit for that. I sighed, turning on the faucet to splash water on my face. I definitely can’t say my life is boring now. I stripped out of my lazy clothes and put on my day ones. I found an eye liner pencil and applied a layer of it. I looked at the pencil I was using, it wasn’t even mine. I took it and smashed the end so that the next person who used it had to sharpen it. I was secretly hoping it was Nikki’s.

I came out of the bathroom to see Nikki grinning at me. That certainly didn’t take long.

“What?” I hissed, accenting the ‘t’.

Nikki smirked. “What’d you think of James?” Nikki asked, being the pervert he usually is.

“I wouldn’t know since I shut the door so fast,” I said in monotone.

“That bad, huh?” Nikki asked, purposefully trying to annoy me.

“Like I said I wouldn’t know, but I’m guessing it can’t be any worse than yours. I think people would puke seeing yours,” I said sweetly.

Nikki laughed. “How do you think I have kids?”

I looked at him steadily. “You don’t have to look down when doing naughty things,” I said, as if talking to a three year old.

He smirked and pulled out his phone. “Probably should head out,” he said, completely changing the subject. I rolled my eyes and headed out of the bus, leaving Nikki behind. I started heading toward the backstage area when I saw DJ on the phone with his back turned towards me. I snuck up behind him, only hearing brief sentences along the lines of ‘yeah sure’ and ‘uh-huh.’ I sat there waiting for him to get off the phone.

“Yeah, love you too,” DJ said flipping his phone shut. My nose scrunched up and my eye brows knitted together when he said that. I decided a surprise would be better than being nice. I jumped on his back and started screaming. He was about to fall face first but managed to steady himself.

“Fucking A! Why would you do something like that?” he asked, trying to calm himself down.

“Seemed like a good idea,” I said, still hanging on to him. My arms were locked around his neck, while my legs clung to his sides. He just sighed and put his arms underneath my legs, so I wouldn’t have to keep supporting my weight.

“So who were you talking to?” I asked casually.

“Why do you want to know?” he asked while walking.

I shrugged my shoulders. “Just curious.”

He nodded his head, making his black hair bounce. “That was my mom,” he said vaguely.

I laughed. “That’s cute, you’re talking to you mom before the show.”

He chuckled lightly. “She’s the one who taught me to play music, I should at least call her once in awhile,” he explained. We walked up to one of the doors, and he turned his body so I could open it. When I held the door opened, he walked through. There was a moment of silence between us.

“So, you walked in on James?” DJ asked, breaking the silence in the worst possible way.

I glared at the back of his head. “I’d rather not talk about it, and how does everyone know in a matter of minutes?” I asked exasperatedly.

He shrugged his shoulders. “We are his band, so of course we’re going to hear about it. And Nikki will probably tell a few people,” DJ said thoughtfully. I rolled my eyes, thinking how high school this was. DJ lowered me to the ground when we reached one of the doors. DJ opened it without knocking and from the event with James, I stayed behind him. DJ walked through the door, and I stayed close behind. I heard Nikki and James talking; I assumed they passed us when I was eaves dropping on DJ’s conversation with his mom.

“Is everyone ready?” Nikki asked. I peeked around DJ to see everyone. Tony was also here. He smiled when he noticed me. I gave him a forced smile back.

“Yeah, we’re ready,” DJ said, answering for the both of us. I glared at him, I hated when people did that. What if I wasn’t ready? I rolled my eyes and grabbed the camera that was set out for me. It was actually Nikki’s; apparently he didn’t like mine. I think he’s just an egotistical asshole who thinks everything that he owns is better. That’s just my opinion though. Everyone headed out toward the stage with me lagging behind. The guys went on stage where a roaring crowd greeted them. Funny to think that these losers are actually famous.
♠ ♠ ♠
Extremely busy first two weeks of school. Please send some love, I'm tired all the time. Please Lovely Beautiful comments. Again, sorry it took so long.