Dancing in Black and White Photographs

A Bad Time of the Month

Today is the Tampa, Florida show. Yesterday, besides what happened in the morning, wasn’t very interesting. Except, when I yawned really wide once, Nikki noticed he mentioned a few things that could fit in my mouth. I ended up throwing a rock at him since we were outside for that event.

Right now, I was in significant pain. I was sitting on a love seat in the back of the bus, ‘enjoying’ that monthly cycle. My back and chest had broken out, I was bloated, and I was in pain. I actually had made Nikki worried this morning when he came in here to insult me and all I did was flip him off.

He looked at me in a worried manner. “What’s wrong?” he asked.

“Ugh, life and what it brings upon the female gender,” I grunted out. I was actually prescribed pain medication for this, which I so smartly forgot at my apartment. Nikki looked at me and just walked out, obviously not wanting to deal with me at this time.

“That’s right, walk out,” I mumbled, speaking was even a difficulty.

I was staring at a blank TV screen, not in the mood to watch anything. I turned to lie on my back so I could stare at the ceiling instead. There was no heating pad here; but I wasn’t surprised since the band is full of guys. I did take two Tylenol to make the pain go away; I think it just made it even more excruciating.

“You’re glaring at that pretty harshly at that ceiling,” I heard DJ’s voice say.

I averted my gaze to him. “What do you want?” I asked moodily.

“I just wanted to watch TV,” was his reply. I sighed and just rolled over not wanting to deal with anyone. “Corey, what’s wrong?” he asked worriedly.

“I don’t want to tell you,” I mumbled into the couch.

“She’s having that time of the month,” I heard Nikki say casually.

“I really don’t want to deal with you people,” I said, actually embarrassed about this. I rolled over to face them anyways.

“I don’t want to deal with you either, Princess, and look how well I’m doing,” Nikki stated, going over to one of the two chairs in the room.

James came into the room and when he saw me he opened his mouth to say something, but I beat him to it. “Don’t ask, just don’t,” I said blandly. James just nodded and sat down on the remaining chair. DJ was standing there almost awkwardly. I could practically see the wheels in his mind turning debating on making room with me on the couch or sitting on the floor. I was not moving, unless someone came over here and moved me by force. DJ sat on the floor, most likely not wanting to take the chance of me chewing him out.

“You weren’t going to take your chance with the lioness?” Nikki asked DJ.

“Tattoos, I hope you choke on something,” I said, glaring at him. I was not in the mood to deal with anyone’s bull shit.

Nikki smiled at me. “Princess can’t deal with a little bit of pain?” he asked mockingly.

“How about I go over there and stomp on your balls, then we’ll see who can’t deal with a little bit of pain,” I said forebodingly. I looked in front of me to see DJ’s shoulders shaking. “It’s not funny, Vampire Eyes!” I yelled at him. I think that just made him laugh harder.

“The only one who isn’t amused is you,” Nikki said with that damn smirk on his face.

I looked over to James to see him hiding his smile. “Would you like anything to drink?” he asked, probably trying to redeem himself.

I thought about it for a moment. “Could you get me some hot tea?” I asked nicely since he was offering to get me something. James nodded; he was the only one who probably had sympathy for my pain. He got up and left the back of the bus. The rest of the guys were silent. Nikki was smirking at me while DJ was turning the TV on. DJ was an extreme channel surfer. He was annoying the hell out of me too. He wouldn’t stay on a channel long enough for me to even tell what was on it. I looked over at Nikki to see the same annoyed expression on his face.

“DJ, just pick a channel,” Nikki complained. I wish we just let him channel surf. Now we were watching The Notebook. Seriously? Out of all the movies he could have chosen he picked The Notebook. I looked over at Nikki to see he wasn’t too impressed either.

“You’re actually going to make me watch this,” I more than stated than asked.

“It’s a good movie,” He defended.

“Uh-huh,” I said slowly. “Glad to know you have a sensitive side, Vampire Eyes.”

“I can’t believe I’m watching this again,” I heard Nikki grumble.

“You’ve actually watched this before?” I asked Nikki right as James came back, handing me a mug full of tea.

“My daughter talked me into watching it with her,” Nikki admitted. “I have a sensitive side. Just because I don’t show you, doesn’t mean it’s not there,” Nikki informed.

“Why are we watching The Notebook?” James asked.

“DJ,” Nikki said, glowering at the accused.

“They were getting mad because I was channel surfing. I pick something and they’re still upset,” DJ said, shrugging at the end. I rolled my eyes at him. I was now sitting cross legged on the couch, sipping on tea.

“I don’t know why you thought you could please them, especially when Corey and Nikki are in the same room,” James said, eyeing everyone in the room. DJ shrugged his shoulders as he sat down next to me. I guess the floor wasn’t very comfortable. I rested the mug on my aching stomach. I wish I could transport my pain to Nikki, and then he’d know the meaning of ‘a little bit of pain.’

“What time is it?” I asked no one in particular.

“It’s two fifty-three,” James said, looking at his cell phone for the time. I nodded staring back at the screen but not actually watching it. I was beginning to wonder how Gemma was treating Claudia. I had talked to her last night. Apparently, my most recent ex-boyfriend called last night, and she bitched him out. Funny thing about that was he texted me after that, asking if I had turned lesbian. At the time I didn’t know what Gemma had done, like I would really care. My response was telling him that I was a lesbian only when it came to him. I never did get a response back.

After coming back from memory lane, I noticed that my tea was gone. I set the mug on the little table in front of me. I now noticed a problem with DJ sitting up here with me. I couldn’t sprawl out like I had before. I shrugged my shoulders deciding I didn’t care. I laid out my legs on the couch and rested my head in his lap. I could feel him tense up not expecting me to do that.

“What are you doing?” he asked, almost nervously.

I tried to not laugh at his tone of voice. “Lying down,” I said simply.

“I see that. Why here?” DJ asked, curiously. He knew me well enough now to know that I wasn’t a very cuddly person.

“I don’t want to move,” I said, speaking the truth.

“Awe, does the Princess need cuddling when in pain?” Nikki jeered.
I think my left eye twitched. “Nikki leave her alone,” James defended me. Everyone’s attention moved back to the movie.

I yawned, tired already. “You can sleep for awhile, if you want,” DJ said.

“Alright,” I said tiredly. After that said, I felt him run his fingers through my hair in a comforting way. I wasn’t used to this type of affection but in away it did make sleep come to me easier. Sleeping like this may have been different but it wasn’t bad. Waking up was something else, though.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okies, special thanks to all commentors! I would also like to thank Chaotic_Angel for the new banner as well. I'm to tired to mention anything else, so please enjoy. Please leave lovely comments. XD