Dancing in Black and White Photographs

Meeting Pinkie and Bad Memories

Chapter VI
Meeting Pinkie and Bad Memories

DJ and I had stood there awkwardly for five minutes. It must look kind of strange in this nice neighborhood. Two adults, of the opposite gender standing far apart, watching another man dramatically leave. I could just imagine the rumors, and none of them making me look excellent. I looked around at the other houses windows; no one was looking through. That was a shocker in itself, after Nikki’s drama queen exit, I thought for sure someone would be looking out.

“Do you mind staying for awhile?” DJ asked me.

I thought back to previous conversation. “Do I get to see your monkey?” I asked, my eyes probably shinning brightly with enthusiasm. I always loved animals. Like most kids I wanted to be a veterinarian. Again, like most kids, that dream changed to be an astronaut. Walking on the moon just sounded way cooler.

DJ smiled, probably glad that something did please me. “Sure,” he said, leading me to the front door. He unlocked it and motioned for me to go in first. I obliged.

I looked around in his house; there was stairs to the left with a door beside them. The right hallway didn’t have any doors but had a big living room to look at. The carpet was blue, I noticed. I thought he would have been dark and put a red carpet. The living room was clean, which impressed me greatly. He went in front of me to lead. We went through the living room and into the kitchen that was right next to it.

“Do you want anything to drink?” DJ asked, walking to the fridge. As soon as he opened the fridge door, it seemed like a holy light was pouring through. Inside there was food, not college types of food, but actual real food.

“Your fridge is amazing,” I said in awe. I’m used to guys never having food. Hell, if my mom wasn’t around I think my dad would starve. “It has food in it.”

He looked inside, obviously not as impressed as I was. “Yeah, it does,” he said unsurely.

I remembered what he asked, “No, I wouldn’t like anything.” I looked around his kitchen. It was also fairly clean; there were dishes near the sink, and a box of cereal sitting on the counter.

I heard a clicked hiss of a can being opened. I turned to see that he had a coke in his hand. “So do you want to see Pinkie?” he asked. I nodded yes.

He led me back down the hall, which the front door was at, and to the door that was by the stairs. It was a garage; in the garage was about a six foot tall cage that was probably six feet in width too. It was a three car garage but there wasn’t anything in it. I looked back to the cage, nothing was inside of it. In the back of the cage was a door that probably led to the back yard. The door also had one of those doggie doors.

“Pinkie,” DJ called out in a light voice. I assumed that the monkey that came through the door was Pinkie, considering he only mentioned one. Her black and white fur was very distinctive. Pinkie was a Capuchin monkey.

DJ unlocked the cage and stuck an arm in, “Come here, Pinkie,” he said soothingly.

On the inside I was cracking up laughing, to see this tatted, eye liner wearing rocker, being….motherly. On the outside I was trying to hold in my laughter. I made sure my hair was covering my face, so I could grin at him. Pinkie had climbed up his arm, and was now resting on his shoulder. He looked back at me; at least I thought he was, my vision was poor in my mass of hair.

“What?” he asked looking confused.

My hair must have not covered my grin completely. “You,” I laughed.

He raised an eye brow “What about me?”

I let out a light laugh. “You’re just amusing,’ I said trying to be vague.

“How am I amusing?” he asked, not understanding why I was smiling.

“Tattooed, eye liner wearing, Vampire Eyes has a soft side,” finally telling him. I smiled at Pinkie and held out my hand to her. She grabbed my index finger, ‘cute,’ I gushed in my head. I was beginning to think of ways to steal Pinkie, when Claudia entered my mind. Poor Pinkie, she wouldn’t stand a chance against vicious Claudia.

DJ shrugged, “Everyone does, I’m not afraid to show it.” With his left hand he grabbed the hand I had reached out to Pinkie to set on his shoulder. Pinkie climbed up my arm to rest on my shoulder, and I dropped my hand from his shoulder.

“I didn’t say that it was non-existing, your image makes if funny,” I said looking at Pinkie.

“While you’re the opposite?” he laughed asking me.

“Why do you say that?” I asked, while watching Pinkie smell my hair. I hope she doesn’t try and eat it. That would only give me bad memories of babysitting. I turned to DJ, so I could forget about the days of baby puke.

DJ was the one who looked amused now. “You look sweet, but you’re rather hostile,” he finished.

I gave him a mock glare, “I’m not hostile, I just don’t take shit from anyone.”

He looked thoughtful for a minute. “Fair enough,” he said with a shrug.

As soon as he said that, mission impossible was blasted through the garage. I pulled my phone out and checked the ID. “Ostridge Dick,” DJ read out loud, looking at it upside down. It was actually Nicko, but when I got fired I changed it.

“Who is it? Old boyfriend?” DJ asked taking a guess.

“No, it was my boss from Vogue,” I said, glaring at the screen. I wasn’t going to answer it. I have a job, that’s all I care about.

“So why ostridge dick?” DJ asked.

I looked at him with wide eyes. “Have you ever seen an ostridge’s dick?” I asked completely serious.

“No,” he said confused, his eye brows knit together.

“It is the raunchiest revolting thing possible,” I said, shivering from the memory.

“It couldn’t have been that bad. Where did you even see this?” He inquired.

“In high school, for biology, we went to the zoo. And it was bad! Little kids were crying,” I said half yelling. Pinkie made a noise of protest to my screeching.

“Was that even the reason they were crying?” he asked, not taking me seriously.

I glared at him, “No, they were crying because their mom wouldn’t buy them ice cream. It was giving me such a horrible headache. The only good thing that happened with that was the mom had to tell them about the ostridges. I hope they’re scarred for life,” I mumbled.

“You would make a great mother,” DJ said sarcastically. Before I could say a mean remark a song erupted in the garage.

He pulled out a phone in his pants pocket. “Hello?” he answered, not looking at the caller ID. A pause in his speech, “Is it really? Alright, I’ll be right over,” he said ending the call.

He turned to me.” I didn’t know it was already six, I was supposed to go to James to listen to what he had,” he explained. He took Pinkie from me and set her in the cage.
“Sorry,” I said out of habit.

“What for?” He asked, while locking the cage.

“For taking up your time,” I said simply.

“I asked you to stay,” He said pushing a button to open the garage. We both walked out of the garage and into the driveway. “Besides, it was my fault for not paying attention to the time,” he said getting into the driver’s seat, while I got into the passengers.

I was glad the reason why I was getting a ride home was from getting in trouble with Nikki, instead of some asshole taking my truck. Even though I’ve only know DJ for a day and a half, he seems to always be getting me out of trouble.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter will be actual touring. I would also greatly appreciate some comments. Thanks to ashleyxsynester, again. haha. Then of course KasumiKira for the lovely banner, even though she messed up the title the first time. XD