Dancing in Black and White Photographs

Flying with Magic Markers

It was two days later from DJ’s house and the mall incident. Today was the first official day of starting the tour. We would be flying to West Palm Beach, Florida, for Cruefest. They had their own plane, which all the roadies and Techs would be on. The only reason we would be on that is because everyone in Sixx AM had another job. I was their Photographer so I didn’t have to leave earlier.

Right now I’m in the air port trying to say goodbye to Gemma and Mark, whom are shockingly still together. Gemma was near tears; she was always an emotional person. Mark was grudgingly here. During the two days I had left, Gemma had stayed at my apartment. So for two days Mark didn’t get anything. When Mark had complained about that, my response was to tell him to suck it up. He icily told me that I wouldn’t know what it was like because a guy wouldn’t want to spend two days with me, let alone a one night stand. I didn’t say anything; instead, I punched him in the eye. Now he has a lovely black eye. I was quite proud of myself.

Gemma was now latched on to my shoulder, saying how much she would miss me. Problem with Gemma is she can be so overbearing sometimes. Good thing is that I talked her into watching Claudia while I was away.

I was trying to free myself when James came to my rescue. “Hey Corey, we should head over to the plane now.” James had managed to get me free from Gemma’s death grip. I quickly said I’d call her when I was a safe distance away.

When we were an even safer distance away, or out of ear shot, I profusely said my thanks to James.

“It’s quite alright, you looked pretty miserable. Who was that anyways?” James asked curiously.

I sighed, “That would be Gemma. She’s a model, so that’s how I know her.”

James nodded, “She looked like she would never let go.”

I rolled my eyes. “She probably wouldn’t have if you never came over,” I said, shivering at the end.

We walked through the security section with no problems. The air port was a little difficult; I ended up holding onto James jacket. I let go when we were safely into the tunnel to the plane. I hate flying, so this is a tunnel of doom for me. The fear never settles in until I’m on the plane. I hate flying more than anything, Nikki probably being the one exception.

I expected the plane to be all glamorous, but no. It was pretty normal, oh well. James led me to a seat next to DJ. “Well, I have to go check something with one of the techs. I’ll be back,” he said, walking away.

I shrugged and sat next to DJ, who was looking out the window until I sat down. He greeted me with a warm smile before turning back to look out the window. There was nothing out there except more planes and people putting crap in said planes. I never understand anyone these days.

One of the worst things that could possibly happen to me while flying happened. Nikki sat down next to me. I looked over to him. “What are you doing?” I asked, not pleased at all.

“Sitting,” he said snippily.

I rolled my eyes; I feel I do that a lot around these guys. “Why do you feel the need to sit here?” I asked icily. He smirked but didn’t say anything more.

I sighed and stared forlornly out the window beside DJ. I highly doubt I want to sit next to Vampire Eyes and Tattoos. I have a feeling they won’t understand my fear of flying. I was already beginning to feel sick, and we haven’t even taken off yet.

I had a messenger bag full of stuff to keep me entertained. I pulled out a notebook and Crayola’s Magic Markers. Magic Markers are the markers that have two colors in them, so when you draw it would change colors. I wish I had Magic Markers when I was six. I had already drawn a red and blue heart, with pink and purple wings. I wasn’t going for anything spectacular, just something to distract.

“What are you, six?” Nikki asked ironically. He looked amused at my immaturity.

“I wish I had these when I was six,” I voiced the thought though, obviously not caring at how he tried to insult me.

I had drawn two stars by the time James came back and sat down next to Nikki. A Penguin-on-a-patch-of-ice later was when we heard the attendant say we were about take off. I looked at my seatbelt, ‘check.’ I blocked everything out and continued to draw my unrecognizable zebra.

I could feel the plane start to move up the runway. I could feel my teeth clench together, and I could feel my right hand’s knuckles turn white from gripping the marker. My eyes squeezed shut when the plane lifted from the runway. When the plane leveled, I let out the breath I was holding. I shook my right hand, unclenched my teeth, and opened my eyes. I noticed the whole band was looking at me with amused expressions.

James smiled at me reassuringly. “You do know the chances of crashing are a million to one,” he stated
“This could be the one,” I said dryly. Nikki was snickering at me, and DJ was looking out the window but knew he was still listening.

I could feel a tense silence. “It’s a completely rational fear,” I said, knowing my face was turning into a pout.

“Awe, so cute,” Nikki said, mocking me. I gave him a glare and the finger. He smirked, “Anytime you want it.”

I glared at him evilly again. “I hate you guys,” I mumbled pathetically. James let out a laugh, Nikki turned to hide his smile, and DJ was trying to hide his laughter by staring out the window, he was failing since his shoulders were shaking.

“How long are we on here for?” I asked.

James looked uncomfortable. “About six hours,” he said.

My eyes went wide. “Six hours!” I screeched. Nikki’s eye twitched.

Let’s say the first hour was me drawing with magic markers. Nikki had fallen asleep and so did DJ. James was watching something on the television that was in front of him, with head phones. I looked over at Nikki, and felt a grin stretch across my face. I took my markers and drew a beautiful rainbow heart. I thought of Jesse and wrote gay across his face. I was surprised that Nikki hadn’t stirred and James didn’t see any movement out of the corner of his eye.

I had determined that this was worth taking a picture. I had my phone out ready to take the picture, when someone beside me, not mentioning names, took it from me. I looked over to see DJ holding my phone. I glared at him not wanting to speak, and bring James attention this way.

“What are you doing?” he whispered, trying to not laugh.

“Nothing that he doesn’t deserve,” I said spitefully.

“You do know that he’ll be pissed off when he finds out?” DJ asked.

“Yeah I know,” I said, pleased with myself.

“What have you two done?” James interrupted.

DJ and I both looked to him. “I haven’t done anything,” DJ mumbled.

I rolled my eyes at him when the plane jolted. The plane was shaking back and forth. “Please put on your seat belts for now, we have hit a bit of turbulence,” said one of the attendants.
A bit was an understatement, the thing was moving everywhere. Suddenly a big jolt hit and I latched onto the closest person. To my disappointment it was Nikki. Nikki woke up with me latched to him gave him the stupidest look. A disgruntled expression, with a rainbow heart and gay on his face, would have been comical if I wasn’t scared.

Nikki, who now looked disgruntled, was trying to pry my arms off him. “Listen, I don’t want to die again with you near me. You throwing yourself at me is understandable, but get off.”

Now I was pissed. Who the hell does he think he is? So I did what I said I would do. I spat in his eye. His surprised look was priceless. To bad that didn’t get to last long, another jolt and I was latched onto DJ.

“I don’t want to die with Tattoos,” I said, about ready to cry.

DJ laughed, “You’re not going to die with” he paused, “Tattoos,” he finished, grinning. Even though he was grinning, I was still hysterical. This was my one true fear: Dying with an anxiety attack, as well as port-a-potties. Another jolt sent me clinging as tightly as possible to him, and I let out a squeal. DJ was trying to comfort me by rubbing circles on my back while my face was digging into his shoulder. A few other jolts and it was steady.

I sat there for a few moments making sure nothing else would happen. “Is it over?” I asked stupidly. I could hear Nikki give a snort. To bad he doesn’t know what’s on his face.

“Yeah, it’s over,” James said reassuringly.

“The turbulence is over, you may walk around now,” said the voice over the speaker. I lifted my face from DJs shoulder and moved to my side completely.

I sighed, “Thanks, Vampire Eyes,” I said. I was so embarrassed from the incident that I couldn’t look at him.

“No problem. Are you going to tell me why you were so afraid?” he asked.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Nikki get up. “Well, I was flying to my uncle’s house. This guy who was sitting next to me was being a complete asshole too. I was getting so mad that I thought, ‘I hope this asshole dies in some horrible accident.’ And do you know what happened?” I asked him.

“No, what happened?” He asked, confused.

“The plane went into turbulence; and the guy flew from his seat, hit his head on the ceiling, and died.” I paused for a moment. “It was kind of traumatic,” I said, trying to make myself look better.
DJ’s face was surprised. “Did that really happen?” he asked suspiciously.

I glared at him. “Why would I lie about that?”

Before he could respond Nikki came back. “I’m sick of you and your little stunts,” he said, pointing a finger at me.

“I’m sick of your arrogant attitude,” was my comeback.

Nikki looked fairly livid. “I’ve know you for less than a week and I’m already pissed off at you,” he said, throwing his arms in the air.

I took out my phone to see what the time was. ‘Damn,’ I cursed. It had only been two and a half hours since take off.

“Now you aren’t even acknowledging me,” Nikki said. I swear this guy is going to kill me.

“Nikki,” James interrupted.

“What!” Nikki shouted.

James sighed. “You have kids, those markers are usually washable. Have you even tried washing it off?” Nikki blinked at him. DJ was obviously trying to not laugh at him. Now this guy is the only one who finds everything amusing if you’re in discomfort. Nikki had stalked off, throwing his usual drama queen fit.

The rest of the flight was filled with sleeping and tense silences if Nikki and I were both awake. The only thing I was disappointed with this flight of adventures, was I didn’t get to take a picture of Nikki and his gay pride.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I came home from a camping trip that I nearly died from. Almost literally but not quite, haha.