His Little Drummer Girl

Franky tells Charlie where she is going

I am so glad to be in my own bed in my own room listening to my ipod. I turn the volume up full blast to play 'American Idiot' and stare up at Billie Joe hardly believing that he actually came and paid me a personal visit at the hospital. I've only been home for a couple of hours but am absolutely exhausted. "You need to rest" said Mum and sent me up to my room. I roll over and cuddle Buck the rabbit and fall asleep listening to my favourite album in the whole wide world...

"Sweetheart" I could hear mum. "Sweetheart, Charlie is here to see you."
"Oh. I'll come down."
I quickly looked at myself in the mirror. Oh my god what a mess. I brushed out my hair quickly cleansed my face and put on some mascara and lip gloss. I looked a bit better. Yuk, but I look so pale with dark bags under my eyes but I was looking forward to seeing Charlie.

He was in the Living Room and had a present for me. It was a small picture frame and in it were Charlie and me on our own at Milton Keynes. We looked really cool and we were waving at the camera. We looked so happy that day. We had our arms around each other and huge grins on our faces.

"Thanks Charlie, its great" I said.
"Sorry I didn't get to see you in hospital" Charlie said. "Mum thought it best to wait until you came home."
"That's fine, I had loads of visitors"
"Really?"
"Yep. Tre came over from America and Billie Joe popped in too."
"Wow" said Charlie. Charlie also knew that Tre had been visiting Sammi at her house. He saw him coming and going with her. He knew it was Tre even though he was dressed differently. He hadn't told anyone, just kept it to himself.
"Guess what?" said Francesca
"What?" said Charlie
"Mum and me are going to California for the whole of the school holidays?"
"Cool" Charlie tried to hide the disappointment. He loved spending the school holidays with Franky
"Yep. I'm gonna get to see Tre, Mike, Billie Joe, Adi and meet their kids. I'm sooooooo excited. I'm gonna get to see where they live and everything."
"Wow" said Charlie
"Yeah I can't wait to get out of this dump". Suddenly her head hurt and she had to sit down.
"You OK?" asked Charlie
"Yeah, just sat up a bit quick and got dizzy. Charlie?"
"Yeah"
"What are they saying at school about me?"
"Not much" he replied
"No please tell me. I want to know"
"Well actually it's not as bad as you think. The teacher's gave us lectures about drugs and drink. Boring. The kids ask me all the time how you are. I think they're shocked. Josh Street has been expelled and no one has seen him. Melissa Thornton was even asking after you. I think everyone is quite concerned and they keep asking when you'll be back."
"Never I hope," I said
"What do you mean never?" Charlie looked shocked
"Well. I think mum and Tre are really an item now and if we go to California for six weeks then mum might really like it there and we could end up staying for good. I really hope so."
"I'll never see you again," said Charlie
"Of course you will," said Franky "I'll send you money to come out and see me. If mum and Tre get together I'll be rich so I can get you out there at any time" Francesca sort of knew that this would probably never happen but just said it for affect.
"I'd like that," said Charlie.

Sammi's POV

"Hi Mr T.C." she said into the phone whilst lying on her bed. She glanced over to the clock. It was exactly midnight, the ideal time to contact Tre while he was working. She knew he had finished the Scottish gig tonight and would still be wide-awake, probably having a drink and relaxing with the guys.
"Hi gorgeous. How are you doing?"
"I'm fine thanks babe"
"How's our gorgeous daughter?" She so loved it that he now knew and they could speak openly about it.
"She's doing great. All she goes on about is California this and California that. Looks like we're going to have to go on a shopping trip though before we go. She says she has absolutely nothing to wear? How was the gig?"
"Fabulous. The fans were great as usual. They never let us down"
"Fantastic. Listen Tre, now that everything is all out in the open we really should tell Francesca about us and the fact that she's your daughter. When should we do it?"
"I've been giving that some thought too. How about we do it when you're with me in California. You can have a couple of days relax and then we'll tell her. The two of us."
"That's settled, that suits me fine, oh and Tre"
"Yep babe"
"I love you so much you know and I can't wait to be with you"
"Not as much as me having you where I've always wanted you. In my bed!"
"Tre!"
"Sorry"
"Listen, I'm tired" said Sammi. "I'm going to get some sleep now. Love you!"
"Love you too. What undies you got on?"
"Tre"
"Sorry, bye babe" and then he was gone...

Two days later...
Franky's POV

I'm laying in my bed and staring up at Billie Joe and well - scandal! I really don't believe what mum has just told me. It was Uncle Peter's funeral today and mum didn't think I should go, as she didn't think I'd be up to it. Anyway she said it was a bit sad and all that but afterwards, back at the house William and Harry started arguing. Mum and Aunt Jen had to take them aside. They told Aunt Jen that they knew all about her and Mike. Yep, apparently Mike and my Aunt Jen are now an item too.

We still don't know how they got to find out. Aunt Jen started panicking apparently but Wills and Harry said they were glad. Glad! Mum was shocked, why glad? Well apparently their dad had been hitting them without anyone knowing, even Aunt Jen. They showed Mum and Aunt Jen the bruises. Aunt Jen is distraught that she didn't know this was going on. Then she got upset because apparently Uncle Peter hit her a couple of times when they first got married.

They saw some councillor person and everything and he didn't do it again. She feels guilty though that she didn't leave Uncle Peter sooner. I really can't believe it. I never liked Uncle Peter but how can you hit your own kid like that. It's sick. Anyway Mike has agreed that they can come out to California round about the same time as us. Don't think they'll be there for the whole of the time though just a couple of weeks. I can't believe that Mike likes my Aunt Jen and Tre likes my mum. This is a real weird situation. They are Green Day for fuck's sake...