Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Twenty

{Still Nathan's Point of View}

I really didn't pay attention to the others.

"Melinda loves me, she has always loved me!" Anger in my eyes.

"Then why is she marrying me?" He tilted his head, mocking me.

"Because you son-of-a-bitch threaten her!" I couldn't hold it back.

Peter's eyes widen. "LIES!"

"I'm not lying! She told me everything, Peter, so help me God; if you touch her I will KILL you!" Venom in each word and meant every single one.

"She's lying, I never threaten her." Peter kept lying, but he was good too.

"Melinda is too smart to fall for something like that." Charles voice came out of nowhere. "I believe, Peter."

"What is going on? Were you fighting because of Melinda?" Aunt Evelyn asked. She looked back and forth between me and Peter. "Well?! Someone answer me!"

"Whatever." I said shrugging my father off and walked past Peter, but not without shoving my shoulder to his. Peter was still held by my uncle, when I had shoved him he had tried to get out but my uncle just held him more tightly.

{Melinda's Point of View}

"Ugh!" My head was killing me. I tried to stand from my bed but couldn't. Then I remembered I had to call in sick. I grunted as I reached over the phone of my room and dialed a number I had memorized.

It rang twice before it was picked up by someone.

"St. Joseph's Hospital, how may I help you?" The nurse asked.

"Laya," I recognized the voice of the nurse, she was nice.

"Oh, hey, Melinda." She greeted.

"Hey, I'm calling in sick; I just woke up with this horrendous feeling." I said.

"Oh, okay. Hope you feel better." Laya sounded concern.

"Yeah, me too." I sighed. "See you Monday."

"See you Monday." And we both hung up at the same time.

I looked over to the bed stand at the clock; 7:56am it read. I groaned and threw the covers over my face and slowly fell back to sleep.

***

Ding Dong!

Ding Dong!

Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Ding Dong!


But then the bell began to turn into punching the door. Confused and irritated, I got out of bed and walked like a zombie over to the door. The girls had obviously had gone out since no one would answer.

'This better be good.' I thought. I looked down at myself and saw that I was wearing my pj's; my short-shorts and a tank top with my bra showing a little, so I fixed it. I didn't bother to look through the hole of the door and just swung it open.

"Yes?" I looked at the person and my body froze. "P-Peter."

"Hello love, did you miss me?" He had this impatient vibe like something was going on.

I tried to act cool. "Y-yeah." Smooth, real smooth.

"Really?" He pushed the rest of the door opened, almost knocking me in the process, and went inside of the apartment like it was his own. He sat on the couch with an Ah and spread his arms on the couch and placed his feet on the coffee table.

I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"Then, where were you yesterday?" A lump in my throat appeared and it was leaving me speechless.

'Lie, lie damn it' I told myself.

"Well...I was... at...a... charity event for the hospital." I snapped my fingers as my brain clicked. "I stayed out late and---"

"Why did you turn off your cell phone?" He asked before I had finished my sentence.

"Well..." I thought. "you see, my boss didn't want any interruptions so she told us to turn off all of our cell phone."

"What time did you get home, love?"

'Does he know? Oh my gosh, what the hell do I do?' I was starting to panic inside of my head but kept my face calm.

"Around one or two in the morning... I had to stay for cleaning." I added quickly.

Then, like a lion attacking his prey, Peter threw himself at me and pinned me to the floor, my head hit the floor, like a needed another reason to have a headache. His knees on either side of me keeping me from hitting him in the groin.

"LIAR!" He bellowed. "You were Nathan!"

"I wasn't with NATHAN!" I yelled back, bad choice. The back of his hand hit me on the cheek, I gasped at the sting on my face.

"I hate LIARS!" He hissed next to my ear.

"I'm not lying, Peter, I swear." I lied, my face had a frighten expression. "Please... you're hurting me."

"And you're not?!" He yelled. "How am I suppose to marry you knowing that your heart belongs to my old best mate?!"

"Then let me go so we can move on with our lives." I suggested.

"That's just it Melinda, I don't see life without you... you're my everything... if I give you up... I would go crazy. I just can't let you go. I WON'T let you go." He snarled the last part.

Then, he started to kiss me on the lips, forcedly. He pressed hard like he wanted me to respond back with the same emotion, but I just stood there. I tried to move my hands but he still had them pinned to the floor and it was impossible to move. Peter moved from my lips to kissing my jaw line and down to my neck.

"Stop!" I begged almost sobbing, but he continued. "Peter, stop, please."

"You will be mine, whether you like it or not." He whispered in my ear, my eyes widen as I hear something rip. I looked down and saw he had ripped my tank top.

"No, no, no, no, no." I said while moving my hands to try and stop him; he moved my hands above my hand and held them with one hand, with the other he positioned himself parting my legs apart. Tears were streaming down. "Help!!" I started to see blurry because of the tears. The cold fingers of Peter touched my stomach and I made a little jump in surprise. "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! HHHEEEEELLLLPPP!!!" It was like deja vu, except Peter wasn't drunk and it wasn't Peter last time it was Jacob.

Peter leaned down and kissed the top of my cleavage, then headed up to my neck. I hear the door opening and a tall figure stood at the door. I was still squirming.

"GET OFF OF HER!!!" I couldn't really recognize the male voice, but in less than a second Peter was off me and I heard a body clash with the wall and something landed with a thud.

When Peter was off me, I curled into a ball and went on my side and held my hands to my chest. I was frightened; this wasn't the first time as you know and this time it was closer than the last. But who pulled Peter off me? Was it Nathan? Gosh, I hope so.

"It's all right." A deep voice said, the hand touched my shoulder and I just moved away still curled. "I-I'm not going to hurt you, you're safe with me."

A pair of strong arms lifted me up, bridal style, and headed out of the apartment door.

"Put me down." My voice hoarsely because of my yelling. The man obeyed and placed on my feet, he held me with his arm around my waist. I wiped the tears from my eyes to take a good look at my savior. "Kevin?"

"Are you okay?" He asked, he was wearing some normal shirt and a pair of jeans.

"Yeah." I said.

"Okay, let's go then." He said dragging me easily across the hall towards the elevator.

"What are you doing? I have to call the cops." I was confused, still in shock, and pointed to my apartment.

"We're not going to your apartment." Kevin said seriously.

"Why not?" I dugged my heel on the marble floor trying to stop Keving but he was stronger than me.

"I'm taking you with me." He said flatly.

"No, no. I'm staying here, I need to call the cops and Nath--I mean I have stuff to do. Let go of me, Kevin." I said now catching up and I could feel the adrenaline in my blood kicking in. I tried to stop, but it was useless. I fought him for a while, and somehow I got free and I started to sprint towards my apartment. I was just about to reach my door when something, well more like someone, picked my up by wrapping both of his arms around my waist and lifting me off the floor.

I yelped in surprise and started to kick and squirm.

"I'm not going anywhere." I yelled, where the hell are the neighbors when you need them?

"Sorry Mellie." Said Keving before covering my mouth with a white cloth.

"What do you...mmmean....?" It had the thing which makes you knock out. Slowly, I was drifting into the darkness. "Nathan." Was the last thing I remembered saying.