Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Twenty-Four

"You'll be causing her more harm if you're not next to her when she wakes up." She was right and Nathan knew that.

"But... I hate seeing her hurt, emotionally and physically. I can't stand to see her like that..." Nathan had to stop because his voice was breaking.

"Imagine feeling like that for three years." Bella said referring to Melinda and Nathan caught that.

He looked away.

"You love her Nathan, I know you do. I've never seen anyone more in love. Your love has crossed oceans and mountains; this is just another bump in the road. Don't give up now when you're so close to reaching happiness." Bella urged.

Nathan couldn't believe of what he was thinking.

'How could I think of ever leaving Melinda? I don't think I'd survive if I left her.' Nathan thought.

"Melinda's Gomez family?!" called a doctor.

Nathan and Bella went to the doctor.

"How's my daughter? Is she all right?" Bella interrogated.

"The worst has passed. We need blood donors since she lost so much blood. It’s a rare blood type. Are you AB negative?" Asked the doctor.

Nathan's heart sank, he was O positive.

"No." He whispered and then looked at Bella.

"I'm O negative. Wait... one of her brother's AB negative... Victor." Bella said.

"Where is he?" The doctor asked.

"His in... Mexico... visiting his cousins along with his brother." Bella slowed down.

Sebastian came back.

"Her friends are on their way." He said. "What's going on? How's Mel?"

"She needs blood. AB negative." Bella said.

"Well, I'm AB negative. So, what's the next step?" Sebastian folded his left sleeve up. "Take everything you need."

"We'll have you tested, please follow me sir." The doctor said.

***

Melinda's friends arrived at the hospital a few hours later.

Rodrigo, Linda, Maya, Brian and Jeff also... Henry.

"How is she?" Rodrigo asked he was the first to approach Nathan.

"Better. Her father is giving her blood." Nathan answered.

"Oh thank God." Linda sighs in relief.

"For a moment I thought we had lost her." Maya said her nose red from crying and her eyes as well.

"Well, what happened?" Brian asked as he held Maya.

"I was rescuing Melinda. Kevin--"

"I knew that bastard was responsible." Linda growled.

"Let him finish, Linda." Maya said.

"Well, Kevin had a gun. He said something and before I could react he shot two times towards me... then... Melinda..." His voice was breaking.

"No need to explain further." Henry raised his hand.

"Sorry, have we met?" Nathan asked politely.

"I'm a friend of Melinda in college." He answered. "Henry." They shook hands.

"Oh right." Nathan said remembering him from the parking lot.

"Maybe this will teach her to stop being so stubborn." Linda sighed. "If she would've just admitted what she really felt for you this would've never happened."

"Melinda was only trying to protect Nathan." Maya retorted.

"I guess." Linda whispers.

----------------------------------------------------------

{Melinda's Point Of View}

"Beep... Beep....Beep... Beep."

The sound of the machine went through my mind like a bell with an echo.

My eyelids felt heavy but with the little strength I had I opened them.

I looked at the white ceiling. I blinked several times to adjust to light in the room. I looked around me and recognized where I was.

'The hospital.' I thought. 'I can't believe I made it. I was sure I was a goner.'

I hear some thing move at the right side of the room. I looked over at the couch and saw a sleeping Nathan. I smile curls on my lips.

"Nathan." My voice was hoarse and rough.

Nathan jolted up from the couch and looked at me and smiled from ear to ear.

Quickly, he was next to me on the armchair next to the bed.

"Hey gorgeous." He smirked.

"Hey sexy." I smirked back.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Much better now that you're here." I answered. "What happened?"

"Well, you sort of took two bullets for me." Nathan said sarcastically.

I chuckled with a bit of pain. "And I would do it again."

"Don't say that. I thought I was going to go crazy if you didn't... make it." His eyes saddened.

"Hey, look at me." I said, he looks up. "I will never leave you."

"And I promise the same thing." He said holding his pinkie up. "Pinkie swear?"

I smiled and linked pinkies as best I could. "Pinkie swear."

Nathan leaned over and kissed me. It felt so good to have his skin against mine.

I hear a door open.

"MELINDA!!" A couple of voices roared in happiness.

All of my friends were in my room. Suddenly I noticed all of the flowers and balloons in my room. All of them saying Get Well Soon and You Can Do It. I laughed as they gathered around my bed.

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"About a week." Henry said.

"What?! Oh my god, the finals... what am I going to do?!!" I panicked.

"Whoa, whoa, only joking." Henry said.

I glared at him.

"Well, at least she didn't lose her memory this time." Brian shrugged.

Everyone laughed.

"Leave it up to Melinda to worry about her grades after getting shot." Linda joked.

"Hey! I take my grades very seriously."

"No!" They all chorused sarcastically.

"Hump. Whatever." I pouted.

"We love you Melinda!" Maya said leaning over, since she was the closets and hugged me.

"So how long was I really out?" I asked.

"Two days." Nathan answered.

"Phew." I said in relief. "Finals are on Thursday."

"Melinda," Linda started. "Don’t think about grades right now."

"Yeah. You just got a second chance in life. Embrace life." Maya said.

"I already have everything I need in my life." I looked over to Nathan.

He smiles.

"Me too." He said as he kissed my forehead.

"Right. Better tell Mr. and Mrs. Gomez her daughter woke up." Jeff said leaving the room.

"Well, now that you're awake, we're going to leave. I think I left the stove on." Brian said and I laughed.

Everyone left including Henry leaving me and Nathan alone one more time.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would never kill my main character oh and I decided to extend the chapters to this story so there will be more than twenty-five chapters. So HOORAY!!!!