Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Twenty-Five

Image

I scooted over to make room for Nathan I patted the small space. He grinned as he threw his legs over to the bed and curled next to me. I laid on my side and he laid on his so we could both face each other face to face.

We stayed like that for a couple of minutes. Our hands linked together in mid-air.

"My fingers a little numb." I whispered as I looked at both of our hands.

"The doctor said it would be normal. You just need to walk around a little to get your blood flow going."

I laughed as he spoke.

"What is so funny?"

I looked at him in the eyes.

"Have I told you how sexy your British accent is? Sometimes it's so obvious and it's so thick. I love it." I grinned.

He laughed and I laughed with him. His hand unlinked from mine and it went to my cheek where he started to caress it with his thumb. He gave me a look that held... something. I can't describe it because they had mixed emotions in them, but one stood out the most: love.

He brought his lips to mine and this felt like a needed kiss, those good bye kisses. It scared me when he kissed me with so much desparation and hunger. He kept our foreheads together.

"What was that about?"

"What?"

"The way you kissed me... it was like almost a fare well kiss. Are you... are you leaving me?" My voice broke.

His eyes widened.

"No, no, love, no. I just... " He creased his forehead in thought.

Every second was painful and it hurt worst than any bullet.

"When I thought I was going to lose you. I thought of the all time lost because of our pride and I don't want to waste any more time with you. I'm going to cherish every second and every kiss."

I was so relief to hear he wasn't leaving me.

"I could never leave you, Melinda. You're my life." He cupped my face.

The door to the room opened and in came my parents. Nathan immeditately got off the bed and tried to make it look as if nothing had happened.

My dad tried to remain calm.

"Mom, dad." I opened my arms for a hug and my mom reached me first and hugged me.

"Mi Melinda." She cooed. (My Melinda.)

"Mels." My dad said joining the family hug. "We thought we lost you there for a second."

"No way. I'm a fighter, you know that." I smiled and laughed.

He cleared his throat.

"We're going to pick up your brothers from the airport be back in a few hours." He glanced over to Nathan and gave him a nod and Nathan returned it.

My parents walked out and I turned to Nathan.

"What was that about?"

"What do you mean?" He played dumb with me.

"You know what, that nod."

"Nothing important." He shrugged.

"Nathan Fullerton, tell me right now." I pouted my lip and crossed my arms.

He rolled his eyes.

"He just wanted me to stay by your side the entire time." He sighed as he got back in bed with me.

Then, my brain clicked. Kevin.

"Oh, my gosh, Kevin, what happened to him? Is he all right?"

"You're worried about the guy who shot you?"

"He was just... he was just..." I struggled for the words but Nathan found them for me.

"He was just an obsessive ex-boyfriend?"

"He was a good kid, I mean... he just needed help."

We stayed quiet for a couple of seconds.

"So." I said after getting tired of waiting.

"So, what?"

"Kevin." I raised my voice, he was avoiding the subject.

"I'll tell you when you get better."

"Nathan, please, tell me." I begged.

"He... shot himself after he realized he shot you instead of me." He didn't look me in the eyes.

I bit my bottom lip that had began to tremble. He was my first love after all. I still loved him, I wasn't in love with him, but, I loved him.

"Are you all right, love?" He cupped my face and my tears hit his hands and he wiped them with his thumb.

"What's wrong with me?"

"What do you mean?" He rose an eyebrow.

"Why is it I attract trouble, espeically with boys?"

He chuckled.

"You're beautiful, Melinda. You could have any man in the world by just looking at him."

I smiled and laughed.

"It's true." He whispered. "You're down to earth, you like sports, you play sports and you're... you."

"Thank you for all those lovely compliments. I'm flattered. But I only want one man and he's laying in bed next to me." I grinned and brought his lips to mine.

Slowly, I moved mine with his and it was as if our lips were formed to fit each other perfectly. His tongue brushed the bottom one and I part my lips to let him in and we slowly message each other's tongues.

We needed air to breathe so we pulled a couple of inches.

|| Three Weeks Later ||

I was released from the hospital and Nathan was pushing me on a wheel chair to take me just outside the hospital.

"I can walk just fine." I said.

"Nope, you're not getting off." Nathan said, popping his P in 'nope'.

"I hate you." I pretended to be angry and crossed my arms.

"Someone's not getting their dessert tonight." Nathan sang.

"Fine! I'll love you and always will forever and ever!" I titled my head back and waited for his lips to press on mine and surely they did and I smiled. "Yummy."

"Welcome home." Nathan opened the door with one hand while the other was around me to keep me from falling, but I was fine, but I'm but complaining.

"Surprise!" Everyone yelled as soon as I stepped in the door, a bit cliche, but I like cliche.

There were balloons everywhere and a big banner with my name on it. I smiled from ear to ear.

Linda stood in the middle of the crowd with a proud smile plastered on her face. She was definitely the one who planned all of this.

She came to me and hugged me.

"Bienvenida." She told me as she parted away. (Welcome)

"Gracias." I said back. (Thank You) "I love it."

I spotted Henry and I slipped past Linda and tapped Henry's shoulder. He turned around and smiled as soon as he saw me.

"Mels!" He yelled and hugged me. I chuckled.

"Me!" I said while laughing. I parted away to ask him a question. "How were the finals?"

"Extremely fucking hard!" I could tell he was already tipsy and so I shook my head.

"How many have you had?"

"Two." He said showing to fingers in front of my face.

"Right, slow down, okay?"

"Yuppers." He saluted.

"Melinda!!" Yelled a familiar voice. I beamed in delight.

"Charles!!" I yelled even louder, our arms open for each other as we skipped towards each other.

We hugged and moved side to side for effect.

"I'm so glad you're all right." There was a hint of sadness in his eyes.

"Thank you, but, what's wrong? You seem a little down."

He shook his head. "I don't want to ruin your welcome party."

"Charles, please, it's eating you I can tell." I begged.

He sighed and looked from the me to the floor a couple of times. He was fighting with himself about if he should tell me or not. He groaned and looked at me.

"Have you heard from Peter?"

Peter! I completely forgot about him!!

I licked my lips because they were dry and bit the bottom lip.

"No, why is he missing?"

"Kind of, we haven't heard from him in about a month-ish. My parents are starting to get worried."

I touched his shoulder showing him I cared.

"I'm sure he'll turn up."

"Yeah." He whispered, then he smiled again. "Now... I'm gonna have me a drink and see what this party has to offer." He grinned mischievously and winked.

I laughed as I watched him approach a random girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for the comments!!!