Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Twenty-Nine

"Ha! Full house, I win!" I threw my hands in the air with a big smile on my face. I just beat Charles in poker, Peter had pulled out.

Charles crossed his arms and pouted.

"Whatever."

"My turn to gloat." I said, I pushed my chair back and started doing the running man, you know the one when you're not really moving. "Uh, huh, uh huh... who's awesome? I'm awesome."

"Yeah, yeah, enough bloody gloating! Let's go home, Pete." Charles let out a yawn. I looked at the clock and it was around midnight.

"Yeah." Peter agreed.

I followed them to my front door, we came back to my apartment after the mall kicked us out. (Don't ask why.)

"Night, night, Chuck, Pete." I gave my own yawn.

"Bye." Charles said walking out.

"Oh, Pete," I called him and he stopped halfway. "Thanks for letting me hang out with you guys."

"No problem, you're my friend." He shrugged.

I smiled and closed the door when I heard the elevator DING!

***

"Devon... won't go to heaven... she's just another lost soul... leave her! We will receive her... it is beyond your control... will you ever meet again... Devon no longer living... who had been rendered whole.... as a little child... she was taken and then forsaken--" I singed in the shower as 'Inside the Fire' by Disturbed played loudly. But I was interrupted by a loud knock on the door.

I pressed pause on the remote control.

"Yeah?!" I yelled.

"I'm back." Linda said, by the sound of her voice she just had sex, yeah I could tell, after all she is my best friend. Weird how she's three younger than me and has sex like bunnies and me... still virgin at the age of twenty-one... kind of sucky and pathetic when you think about it.

"Oh, joy!" I made my sarcasm noticeable.

"Admit it, bitch, you missed me!"

"HA! Yes and I'm fucking Catwoman."

"Whatever... whore."

"Slut."

"Prostitute."

"Skank."

"Hoe."

"Harlot!"

"Zorra." She said in spanish.

"Hey! That's skank in spanish!"

"So?!"

"Piruja!"

"Uh, uh..."

"Muahahahahaha... I win. Sancha." Sancha means Mistress.

I walked out of the bathroom with a towel around me, just above my chest. I heard a wolf-whistle.

"Damn!" I looked and saw Jeff eyeing me up and down. "And to think that was almost mine." He teased and Linda punched him hard on the arm, he rubbed it and fake pouted. "Sorry." He said to me.

I laughed. "No worries, Jeff. I can't help it if I'm so fucking hot." I said and made a sexy pose. "Well, gotta change."

I changed into some black skinny jeans and a black shirt with the Batman logo in the front, the original Batman logo, the one in black and yellow. I got some of my wrist bands and pulled them on. I did my make-up and looked totally scene.

"AHHHHHHH!!!!" I yelled as I saw Jeff over Linda, whom was shirtless. "My innocent virgin eyes!" I covered them with my hands.

I heard both of them scoff and could practically hear their rolling eyes.

"Melodramatic, much?" Linda hissed pulling her shirt.

I raised my hand and stopped.

"No need to clothe yourself, I'm going out to ask Nathan for lunch."

"Uh, isn't that his job... he is the boyfriend, right?" Jeff wiggled his eyebrows. I stared him down and he looked away in defeat.

"Anywho, don't do it on the couch, kitchen or the bathroom we share because I will haunt you down and hurt both of you." I stare at them hard and Jeff leans in and fakes to whisper.

"I think she means it."

I broke into a smile and half-laughed.

I walked out but not before screaming.

"USE PROTECTION!!" At the top of my lungs.

***

Nathan worked in the middle of L.A. Where all those big buildings were. I hated being in the middle of LA because it was so damn hard to find parking outside. Thank God, his building had valet parking, sounds a bit... snob-ish, but it's a pain to find a parking space, I swear.

I went in the building elevator and pushed the last floor, which was the twelve one. It took about five minutes to get there because of the frequent stops to each floor.

I was alone at the tenth floor and since I was bored I started dancing. I did the robot and the running man again and stopped when it DING! On the eleventh floor and someone got on and my mouth almost fell to the floor.

"Oh, hi, Melinda!" Lucy beamed with her wide smile. She held a couple of folders and that ear piece that looked like a bluetooth... yeah it was.

I gave out a laugh and blinked several times before looking again to my right.

"Sorry... you just look like someone I know." I said.

"It's Lucy, silly." She placed her arm on my shoulder, her giggle still made me wince in pain.

I started to laugh and then she began to laugh.

"Why am I laughing?" I asked myself.

The elevator DINGED! I was so relieved.

What the hell is she doing here? I thought.

I walked out the elevator and made a right and so did Lucy, right besides me.

She gave me a small smile.

Why is she following me? I kept the smile up.

We kept walking the same direction and almost screamed when I got to Nathan's office. Lucy placed the folders on the secretary's desk. The phone rang and...

"Mr. Fullerton's office, how may I help you?"

When did the fucking world turn upside down?! Was black now white?! And was Miley Cyrus my favorite singer?! Something was definitely wrong if I thought Miley Cyrus was my favorite singer.

"Melinda? Melinda?" Lucy's irritating voice called for me, but it was so faint. "Do you need water?"

I shook my head. "You're---his---and----wh-when---h-how?" I stuttered in shock.

A door opened.

"Luce, can you move my eleven o'clock for lunch?" His voice brought me back and I was pissed! "Melinda!" Yeah, he was nervous because he gave me that innocent smile. "Love." He came to me and opened his arms for a hug, but I put my arms up and walk straight into his office.

{Peter's Point of View}

Last night was a total success. With the help of my ally I was able to take Nathan away and spend some time with Melinda.

I had to use Charles because if it was just me and her, Nathan and everyone else would ask questions.

Now, I was earning her trust back slowly the next blow was coming soon. Rodrigo's accident will look like a walk in the park with what I've got planned for.

My cellphone rang and I answered.

"She's arguing with Nathan, right now." Lucy said, oh yes... big mystery solved. Lucy is my ally.

{Author's note: Who else, duh?! I sort of gave you a clue when Melinda wondered about Lucy's whereabouts.}

"I knew hiring you as his secretary would piss her off." I chuckled. "Does it sound like a break-up?"

"No, more like 'I'm gonna find comfort in someone else', so make your move soon." She warned.

"No problem. Just text me when she's out the office."

{Melinda's Point Of View}

"LUCY?!" I half yelled and pointed at the wall where she was suppose to be behind at.

"Mel, calm down." Nathan hissed.

"Calm down?! Calm down?! It's LUCY we're talking abo--"

"Don't you trust me?" His tone saying it's clearly saying hurt.

I sighed and soften my look.

"Of course, but not that vile, evil and homewreacker! How am I suppose to go on my days now, knowing that she could be making her moves on you?"

"By trusting me." He said simply.

Damn... he's right. I bit my bottom lip.

I sank in the nearest chair.

"Right... I'm so sorry. But when I saw her... I just... ugh!" I struggled, I heard him chuckle and knelt down to my level. He took my hands into his.

"I love it how you still get jealous." He kissed my lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nanananana -dances happy dance- BATMAN!!!