Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Twenty-Eight

Image

Image (This is RODRIGO)

"Hey you," I greeted Rodrigo as I came into his room. He put on a big grin.

"Mellie!" He beamed and then winced in pain. He had a few scratches on his face, a broken wrist and leg.

"Dude, you look like shit."

"I know, more scars to show the chicks. Chicks dig scars." Rodrigo smiled.

I sat next to him.

"I'm going to get something to drink." Linda said getting up from the other side of the bed, she was sitting on the couch available.

"Oh, I'd love a coke." I said.

"I'm sure you do." Linda said as she yawned and walked out of the room.

"Meanie." I muttered as she closed the door. I turn my attention back Rodrigo. "So, tell me what happened?"

"The brakes of the motorcycle didn't work." He sighed.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"But your bike is always in great shape." I pointed out.

"I know... I don't know what happened but a car hit me before I could jump."

"I'm just glad you're okay." I said throwing my arms around him.

The door slammed open, Linda had an angry look on her face.

"Mel, a word?" She hissed at me to go over to the corner of the room.

"Good luck." Rodrigo whispered.

I give him a scared look and he half-laughed.

I walked over to Linda and she was tapping her foot and her lips were tight shut which meant she was going to try not to scream.

"Don't kill me." I pouted my lips and gave her a puppy look.

"I should!" She hissed with so much venom.

"What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?" She tried to mock me.

"I do NOT sound like that--" She cut me off.

"What is Peter doing here?!" She half-yelled.

"I had to give him a ride, Charles--"

"He almost raped you!"

"I know... but... he asked for forgiveness and I'm giving him a third chance--"

"A third chance?!" She hissed.

I gave her a 'Will you let me talk' look.

"I've been raised to forgive and forget, Linda, I'm Catholic. You know the whole if one slaps you turn the other cheek?"

She gave me a stern look and continued for a few seconds as if she was trying to look into my soul. Or wear me down.

"I'm sticking with 'He tried to rape you'." She crossed her arms.

"Linda come on," I rolled my eyes, "Please just let the past be the past."

"I don't forgive easily, Melinda, you know that." She warned.

"I know, but so far, Peter's has been a gentleman. No flirting or hitting on me, promise, it's all good." I assured with a great smile.

|| Wednesday Night ||

"I'm sure you did fine, love." Nathan assured me with a kiss on the lips. On I had taken my final tests.

"I hope so." I sighed as I cuddled closer to him, we were at his new apartment, he had moved out of his father's and gotten a penthouse. We were on his couch watching some random show.

He kissed the top of my head. I looked at him and kissed him on the lips. He took hold of my hips and pulled me towards him and I wrapped my arms around his neck and my knees on either side of him. He licked my bottom lip and I let him in. I take dominance for a while until Nathan began to get more passionate and he leaned in forward until my back was on the couch and he was hovering over me taking full control.

He held my wrist above my head and he smirked that smirk that made everything inside of me melt like an ice cream outside in the middle of August. He trailed kisses down my neck all the way to my collar bone and it made me moan, he used one hand to keep my hands in place and he brought his free hand on my back and picked me up and took off my shirt.

He smiled down at me as he looked at my chest.

"See anything you like, Mr. Fullerton."

"I'll say."

He let go of my hands and I brought them to his dress shirt and I began to unbutton them until I got to the last one and I pulled it off and threw it somewhere. His hands were working on my jeans and then....

His cellphone went off.

We both groaned. Nathan started to reach for it and I stopped him.

"Let it go." I whispered.

He sighed. "I can't, we're about to get these very important clients."

He rolled off me and went to his cellphone and answered. By his tone, I knew this make out session, which could've turned to something more, was over. I sighed as I pulled back on my shirt and zipped my jeans.

"I've got to go, love." Nathan said as he button back his dress shirt. He was really sorry by the look in his eyes. "I'm sorry." He kissed my lips lightly and rushed out the door.

"Me too." I whispered when he was gone.

Bored, I walked to the kitchen and took out a tub of ice cream. I loved how he kept things I liked. In his DVD collection he had the seasons for all my favorite shows.

I picked Charmed, because I loved the relationship of Piper and Leo. How their love overcame so many things in a non-wiccan way as well. But in the end they were together.

I think I fell asleep after finishing the first season and started the second.

When I opened my eyes, I was in bed with Nathan, his hand stroking my hair. He had something in his eyes I couldn't place right now. I place a worried look on my face.

"What's wrong, hun?" I asked, he had his arms around me and held me tighter.

He sighed.

"I feel like I haven't been spending enough time with you." His voice held something as well as his eyes.

"I understand, though, you're just star--"

He shook his head.

"That's not a good enough excuse. I know, you and me, dinner tonight." He smiled and his eyes gleamed. I smiled back.

"Sounds great. What time?"

"Seven. I won't tell you where but dress formal... some place nice."

A few hours later, I was working in the hospital doing some rounds with the doctors. I did the usual, take the vital signs and such but I wanted to do something more and when I get my MCAT's, I would know if I'm gonna be able to start my medical career.

"Morning, Mr. Peters." I greeted a middle aged man, he was here because of some infection, nothing.

"Ah, Ms. Gomez, nice to see you, again. What happened?"

I shrugged.

"Family complications." I smiled kindly and warmly to the man.

"Well, it's good to have you back."

"Thank you for the warm--"

But then he started coughing violently and blood was coming out of his mouth. I reached for the nurse button.

"We... did everything we could... the anitbiotics weren't absorbed by his body." I sniffled as I told Mr. Peters wife, who had two kids, that her husband had passed away. "I'm so sorry."

There's a moment when you find out someone close to you has died. A few seconds when the world stops and you remember every single moment you've spent with them and wished you could've changed a thing or two.

"Thank you."

I nodded and I walked away. Death was something touchy for me.

I went back to my apartment and found it empty once again. I clicked the message button.

Beep!

"Hey, Mel, it's Linda, yeah... I'm not coming home tonight." She giggles and says. "Stop it, Jeff."

"Hi, Mels." Jeff greeted.

I half-smiled. Then there was another beep!

"Meeeelllliiinnnddddaaa," It was Maya. "Hello, yeah, not coming home cause Brian and I are going to Vegas... see ya next week."

"You have no more messages." The machine lady said.

I was about to walk into the kitchen when my cellphone went off. It was Peter. I pressed the green button.

"Hey, Pete." I answered.

"Hi, Mel. Um, Charles and I are going to the mall, apparently the game he bought was boring and wants to trade it, wanna join?"

"Oh... sorry. I have dinner plans with Nathan, tonight."

"Oh well then, maybe next time. Have fun."

"You too." I said and we both hanged up.

I went in the shower because I smelled like the hospital and Nathan's nose wrinkles at the smell. Kind of funny, actually.

I blew dried my hair and straighten it and curled the tips. I found a simple holter top dress that went to the knees in black and white; I did some simple makeup.

When I was ready it was six thirty so Nathan would get home any minute. I watched tv while I waited for him.

When Naruto was over it was seven and a Inuyasha episode was starting.

"Maybe there's traffic."

The house phone went off and picked it up since it was next to me.

"Hello?"

"Melinda." I knew that tone. He wasn't coming. "Hey, love, I'm sorry, I can't go. I've got to meet with some clients, again."

"I understand." I tried not to make it show in my voice but I was disappointed. This was happening too often.

"I'm really sorry, babe. I love you."

"Me too, bye." I whispered and hanged up. I threw my head at the back of the couch and banged it twice.

Now what? Everyone's gone, Rodrigo is in the hospital... what to do?.... Mmmh.... OH! Peter!

I marked his cellphone number. It rang twice.

"Mel?" He answered.

"Hey... um..." I laughed nervously and half embarrassed. "Is that invitation still open?"

"Sure," I could almost hear his smile. "We're in the food court... you know Charles can't go an hour without eating."

I laughed. "Wonder where all the fat goes!"

"I HAPPEN TO HAVE FAST METABOLISM!!" I heard him yelled with food clearly in his mouth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello, peeps, here's an update and a picture of Rodrigo, which I forgot to put up in the Summary... thing.. Anyways... COMMENT!!! Pretty please with a delicous cherry on top.
:)