Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Thirty-One

Linda had me pinned to the floor.

"Repeat!" She barked in demand.

I struggled to get out of my pinned position but it was futile.

"Get off of me, Linda!"

"No, repeat!" She barked again.

"Peter took me to the fair and we had fun, but just as friends."

"Melinda," she used her warning tone. "Can't you see it's a trap?!"

I pushed her off me and stood on my feet as she did as well.

"Why does everything that Peter do has to have some kind of... evil plot?!" I retorted, with a bit of anger.

"I don't trust him."

"I do, he has changed--"

"That's what he wants you to believe. Do you have any idea how pissed Nathan would be if he found out?!"

"He shouldn't be! If I can trust him with Lucy, then he can trust me with Peter."

"It's not right." Linda shook her head. "Your life is not right."

"Then stay the fuck away from it." I snapped and soon regretted my words because Linda flinched and then glared.

"Fine, I will!" She turned her heel back towards the living room. Jeff had a sad look on his face.

"Linda, wait, I didn't mean it, I'm sorry." I apologized, but she didn't even turn around. "Linda, please, listen to me, I'm so sorry!"

"Jeff, please, let's go." Linda's voice cracked and I was on the verge of tears. I didn't want to lose one of my best friends.

But before I could reach her she was out the door and I knew better than pursue her because then we would just end up fighting all over again, so I when I was left alone I felt so... guilty.

She was only trying to look out for me and I just snapped at her.

I walked over to the freezer and took out the Vodka bottle. Okay, so every now and then I let out a little steam with a bit of alcohol. I'm not obsessed with it. It's just to calm my damn nerves down.

I poured some in an empty glass and took a quick sip and I let the burning liquid go down my throat. I walked over to the stereo and turned on the radio.

The new Slipknot song was on "Psychosocial". It was almost over and when it ended "What I've Done" by Linkin Park was on. I sang to the lyrics.

“For What I’ve dooooooooooonnnnnneeee!!!!” I sang at the top of my lungs as the song ended.

{Nathan’s Point of View}

I needed to check with Melinda because I knew she wasn’t happy that Lucy was working for me as my secretary and I understand why, but she needed a job and, regardless of her attitude, she has been a friend of mine for a long time.

As I approached her apartment door I could hear the music blasting. It was “I Can Do Better” by Avril Lavigne and I knew something was wrong because Melinda doesn’t listen to Avril Lavigne unless she’s pissed or really drunk, sometimes both.

The door was unlocked and as I opened I saw her on the couch and a brush as a microphone and she was banging her head and singing.

“I can do better, I can do better!” She sang, she wasn’t bad but it wasn’t her style of music. I muffled laughter as I saw her shake her little perfect butt. She stopped and looked at me and smiled widely at me. She dropped the fake microphone-slash-brush and walked to the end of the couch.

“Nathaaaaaan” She sang my name beautifully; I noticed what she was wearing, she must’ve changed because she was wearing black short-shorts and a black tank-top that went well with her skin color.

She stretched her hand out to me with her lips pouted, she looked so irresistible. I went over to her and took her hand. With her other hand she gripped my collar and brought me closer to her. She had lust in her eyes.

She crashed her lips on to me. I tasted the vodka on her tongue but I didn’t care, I wanted her so badly. She came down to her knees and she was still holding onto my collar and so I was going down with her on the couch.

My hands travel down to her thighs where I grip her with hunger; she runs her hand through my hair. Then I remembered she was drunk and I didn’t want her first time to be like this so I had to stop.

“Melinda, wait.” I said through the kiss. I pin her to the couch by her shoulders and she gives me a confused look.

“I thought you wanted me?” She whispered with a hurt look.

I sighed. “Of course I want you, you have no idea how badly I want and need you, but I don’t want you first to be while you’re drunk, because you won’t remember it.”

“I don’t care… I want you.” She brushed her knee near my crotch and my eyeballs rolled back in pleasure.

“Don’t… do that.”

She grinned. “What? This?” She did it again, but this time more slowly.

I got off of her and stood on my feet and ran my hand through my hair.

“You’re drunk, I’m making you coffee.”

“Nathan, don’t, please.” She begged me; she stood from the couch as well, and walked over to me and started to remove the strap of her tank-top very slowly.

“Melinda! I said no!” I scolded; I put the strap back in place and she stomped her foot on the floor.

“I guess you have Lucy for that, don’t you?!” She barked in anger. At first I didn’t get her and when I did I furrowed my eyebrows together.

“You know I would never cheat on you, Melinda, I love you too much to do that.”

“Then, why won’t you fuck me?!”

“That’s just it! I don’t want to fuck you---let me explain---I want to make love to you!” She looked only half conscious. Her eyelids were closing and she fell limp over my arms.

I picked her up bridal style and carried her to her room. I lay her on the bed and I slip in next to her and bring her to my arms and cuddled next to her.

{Melinda’s Point of View}

UGH!! Hangovers are a bitch, seriously. I remember drinking Vodka and singing and dancing to Avril Lavigne, which was not cool.

As I moved, I noticed a pair of strong arms around me. I opened my eyes and saw his blue eyes looking down at me with a smile, a cheeky smile.

“What are you smiling about?” I groaned as I hid my mouth away from him because of morning breath.

“You sleep so soundly, it’s very calming to see you sleep.” He whispered and kissed my forehead.

“UGH! When did you get---Oh, my god!” The memories came rushing back. I practically threw myself at him.

I hid my face further on his chest and I heard him chuckle.

“Shut up! It’s so not funny, Nathan!” I growled I didn’t find the humor in all of this. I fought with my best friend because of Peter, and then I get drunk and start singing and dancing like a fool and then throw myself at my boyfriend. Which sounds… normal but… I’m still a virgin, people. I barely remember his words or mine for that matter, but I know I asked him to fuck me and then it was all down hill from there, not pretty, I bet.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry it took so damn long to update.