Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Forty-Six

Image

It was really fun to have gone horse back riding with Kane. He was really cool, once you get past the fact that he indeed assisted getting me kidnapped for a little vendetta. When Kane got a called from Devlin saying he was coming back we had to hurry back. We raced each other and that bastard beat me.

But it was a close call.

When Devlin and the others got home I was in the room pretending to be bored out of my mind.

“What the hell took you so damn long?” I whispered slash yelled at him. Kane told me I had to pretend to be furious for leaving me hours and hours trapped in the room.

“Be a little more appreciative.” He snarled and I glared.

“Oh, thank you so much Devlin for fucking up my life.” I swooned with sarcasm.

He took a deep breath. “One day I’m just going to break that pretty little neck of yours.” He growled.

“Oh yeah and what are you going to tell your grandparents? ‘She tripped and fell and broke her neck’?” I joked and he smirked.

“That’s an idea.”

“Asshole.” I muttered and crossed my arms on my chest.

“Look, you’ve been cooped up here all day. Let’s go downstairs and have a nice dinner, eh?”

“This isn’t right Dev,” I used his nickname. “I can’t just pretend I’m your wife, okay, what happens when Nathan finds me?”

“He’s not going to find you, love. I can assure you that.”

“Why do you want me around?”

“Because I want to see Nathan squirm.”

“Lucy is a fucking whore! How could you possibly be doing all of this for her?!”

He remained quiet for a couple of seconds.

“I don’t care about Lucy anymore. It’s the action he took. He backstabbed me and now I have the one thing he cherishes the most.” He caressed my cheek and I smacked his hand away with a glare.

“If you were a real man then you would confront him.”

He looked like he was about to slap me but he stopped.

“I won’t hit you because…” He trailed off and I just glared at him. His expression changed and he started to come closer. His eyes were softer and held something else. “I think I’ve…” He trailed off again my heart was beating out of my chest and I found myself leaning in towards him.

Our lips met halfway. His soft lips moved with mine. He went slowly and tenderly kissed me. It was as if he was scared I would break. My hands tangled in his red hair and his hands were on my back pressing me against him.

Our bodies clashed together. Our tongues danced and I let him take dominance. He and I moaned as the kiss got heavier and heavier.

“Dinner is read—oh, my goodness, I’m so sorry!”

We both jumped away from each other. His grandmother had caught us making out, but what shocked me the most was that I resented her coming in and interrupting.

She closed the door. I avoided looking at Devlin and ran my hand through my black hair. Why did I react like that?

“Dinner is ready, come down when you’re ready.” His grandmother called and I felt my face all red.

“We should, uh, probably get going. I’m sorry.” I said and walked out of the room without him.

I thought I heard him say ‘I’m not sorry’ but that was just in my head.

Dinner was awkward to me. I would look up to Devlin and he would look back down to his food surprised that I caught him staring at me.

“So,” His grandfather said with a kind smile. “When are we going to expect our grandchildren?”

I choked on the salad I was eating and Devlin choked on the wine he was drinking and Kane started to laugh along with Shane.

“Devlin!” Brianna, his grandmother, scolded her husband.

“WHAT? I want to know when I’m going to spoil my grand kids.” He justified.

I reached for the water. To have babies you need to have sex and sex with Devlin sounded…

[Good? NO, not good!] I smacked myself mentally. [Nathan, think of Nathan and his kisses.]

“Um, I don’t think we’re ready for children.” Devlin said after his recovery.

I was red as a tomato and I felt so awkward talking about it.

“Oh, that’s good. Take your time, but before our death beds.” His grandfather joked and I let out a half heartedly laugh. His grandfather winked at me like ‘get on it’ kind of wink.

After dinner, his grandparents wanted to watch a movie and we all had to watch it with them. It was one of the old American movies. I didn’t pay attention to it. I wondered if Nathan was still looking for me.

At ten it was time to go to sleep. I followed Devlin upstairs. When he closed the door I went to the bed.

“Melinda,” I heard him call me and I looked at him. He was standing really close. He touched my hand and lifted it up and then I heard a ‘click’ sound. I looked and saw that he had handcuffed us together.

“No need to do that, I really have no where to go.” I whispered.

“Better safe than sorry. Now scoot.” He orders and I move to the other side of the bed. He lifts the covers.

[Nathan’s Point of View]

“Where else could’ve they gone?” Pete asked.

We were outside Devlin’s place in Ireland. The house was empty but I knew Melinda had been here because I found her yellow shoe from the wedding.

Had it really been about three weeks since the wedding? It felt like an eternity without her.

“I don’t know.” I said answering Pete’s question.

“It’s Devlin, we’re talking about here, and you know him better than I.” Pete growled.

“Yes, but we haven’t talked in years. He’s not the same.”

“Of course not, you shagged his girl.” Pete laughed.

I glare at him through the darkness of the night.

“Hey, don’t get mad at me, you’re the bastard that made him that way. Now it bit you back in the ass.”

I knew he was right.

“He could’ve just confronted me instead of taking her.” I said gripping the shoe tighter.

“That’s not Devlin’s way and you know it. Now, where would he go if he had nowhere else to go?”

Then it clicked.

“His grandparents.” I thought and my face lit up but then I frowned. “I have no idea where they live, though. I only know they own a farm.”

“Well, we have loads of connections. I’m sure we’ll be able to get some information on them.”

“Thanks, Pete.”

“Don’t thank me, seriously. I’m only doing for Melinda. I love her.” He said and I sighed.

[Melinda’s point of view]

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping and a smile found my lips. I was used to the sounds of cars waking me up but the country was so beautiful.

I felt an arm around my waist. I look under the covers and found Devlin’s pale are around my waist. I moved and it tightens.

I turned around so I was facing him. He looked really peaceful as he slept. He didn’t even look like a murder while he slept.

I saw as his eyes opened and those dark blue eyes met my chocolate brown ones.

“Buenos dias.” I told him in Spanish.

“My Spanish sucks, but I’m guessing you said ‘Good Morning’?”

I smile a little. “I did.”

“You’re one of the weirdest girls I’ve ever met.”

“Thanks?”

He laughs. “It’s most definitely a compliment. I like that you’re weird.”

I chuckle. “If I had a nickel for any one whoever said that to me I would have twenty cents.”

He laughs. This laugh was so sincere and uplifting. It was something new.

“I like your laugh.” I said.

He slowly stops and looks a bit serious.

[Devlin’s point of view]

“I haven’t laughed that sincerely in years. What have you done to me?” I whisper the last part and our foreheads lean on each other.

I bring her closer to me. I loved the feeling of her skin against mine. Her skin was like a baby’s skin. So smooth and you just can’t get enough of it.

Her brown eyes melted everything inside of me. My heart pounded against my chest with each look she gave me, no matter the expression, whether it was anger, confusion or sometimes… that she liked me.

I couldn’t hold myself. I kissed her. She responded back almost immediately. She had hesitated for half a second, but she kissed back. I was reaching for her hair when I remembered I had chained with me.

We both laugh as we break the kiss. I reach over the bed to the counter and get the key. I unlock as. She rubs her wrist.

“Thanks.” She says.

“How much do you love him?” I knew she knew I was talking about the one and only Nathan Fullerton.

She sighs. “We went through a lot together. He kidnaps me. We fall in love. I lose my memory and forced to marry some jerk named Caesar (Remember him?!) and then he gets shot and goes into a coma for three years. I start to date his best friend Pete, something I deeply regret.” She stops and I see her fighting the tears. “I get engaged with Pete because Nathan decides to propose to Lucy at the same time, so out of rage I accepted.”

A tear falls.

“We pretend to hate each other and for a while I thought things would never work out. Then an old boyfriend comes in named Kevin. I thought maybe I could move on after all, but Pete… he… was an asshole.” I saw her wince and I wondered what that bastard did to her. “Kevin kidnaps me and Nathan finds me. I take two bullet shots for Nathan and Kevin kills himself.”

I wipe the tears and she opens her eyes. Her brown eyes held so much pain.

“I get better and Nathan and I get back together. I thought everything was going fine… but then he starts to spend more time at work. Missing romantic dinners and stuff and I just let it go because I didn’t want to look like a jealous girlfriend. Then… he confesses to me that… he almost had sex with Lucy and then I get so pissed because it means he still has feelings for her or something…”

She takes in a deep breath.

“I don’t know anymore.” She says after a long silence. She looks up at me and smiles. “I’m not so sure if I still love him, he’s hurt me so much.”

I had to comfort her and I kiss her. Free from the handcuffs my hand loses itself in her hair. Slowly I remove her shirt and she doesn’t protests. She gets the hem of my shirt and starts to pull off my shirt.

I help her and remove it all the way. I went down to her neck. She arches her back and I use the chance and remove her bra. I move them down slowly her shoulders and trail kisses as I do so.

I stare at her chest and she blushes but I kiss her.

“You’re beautiful.” I said huskily in her ear. I went down and removed her jeans. She was in her panties.

She glares. “Well this isn’t fair.” She pulls on my jeans and removes the belt. She undoes the button and brings the zipper down. I remove them and our bodies clash together. Our mouths hungrily kissing each other.

My hands caress her body. I touch her underwear and look at her for reassurance and she nods lost in lust.

I remove them down slowly.

“You’re such a fucking tease.” She grabs my cock and I growled.

“And you call me a tease.” I joked. She smirks.

I elegantly spread her legs and remove my boxers and thrust myself inside of her. She was so tight and warm and wet. My eyes roll back in pleasure.

[Melinda’s point of view]

I bucked my hips to meet his every thrust. I dug my nails on his back and ran them down. He groans in pleasure.

“You’re so fucking… oh!” He says.

Our bodies are together. I wrap my legs around his waist and the knots in my stomach start to form.

We start to sweat and pant. I was going to reach my climax.

“Dev!” I growled and my muscles tighten around him and I exhale in pleasure.

He goes on for a while until I felt him come. He rides out his orgasm and collapses next to me.