Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Fifty

Image

Image

“I want to know!” Nathan demanded.

I looked at him and licked my lips.

“It’s serious… you licked your lips.” He said pointing at me. “You only do that when it’s something serious.”

I hate the small things he knew about me.

“Can you guys please leave?” I spoke to everyone else.

Shane had a victorious smirk and I wanted to slap it off of him.

Devlin gives me a kiss on the cheek before leaving with Shane behind him. Peter stayed.

“I said leave, Peter.” I growled at him.

“Fine.” He says shoving his hands in his pockets and left.

The wind blew along with my hair. I tucked most of it behind my ear. I chuckled as Nathan helped me.

I pulled away from him.

“I did something horrible.” I said. I see his body tense. “I slept with Devlin.”

Silence filled the air. My words hung on a breakable thread. I wanted to take it all back… back to the wedding where I left out of anger. If I would’ve stayed with Nathan and listened to him we wouldn’t be in this situation.

“Please say something.” I begged because I couldn’t handle the silence anymore.

He chuckles and runs a hand through his hair. I reach for his arm but he pulls away fast. I felt my chest tighten at his rejection, but I couldn’t blame him. I slept with his enemy. His worst enemy.

I shoved my hands in my pockets.

“Anything?” My voice croaked.

“I-I ca-can’t say anything.” He says turning his back to me.

“I didn’t mean for it to happen… it just sort of did.”

“Like getting married?!” He spat twirling to face me. Such anger in his face. It was looking back to the old Nathan, the one who kidnapped me years ago. Has it been so long?

“I’m not married to Devlin, Nathan.” I said.

He looks at me.

“Liar.” He walks up to me and grabs my left hand and points to the ring. “So this is just a brand new trend?”

“Devlin didn’t want his grandparents to know that he kidnapped me, so he told me to pretend to be his wife.”

“And you played the part very well.” He chuckles and I used my free hand and slapped him.

“You have no right.” I said.

He glares at me with those eyes.

“I have every right! I never slept with Lucy and you did with my worst enemy!”

“I’M SORRY!” I yelled back. “I wasn’t thinking and I was mad because you stole Lucy from Devlin and it just reminded me of you almost sleeping with her… and… I don’t know what to say.”

“Do you love him?”

The question hung in the air for a couple of seconds.

“No.”

“You hesitated.” He states.

“I didn’t.”

“Yes you did.”

“I’m confused.”

“About what?” He spats.

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair.

“I-I just… I felt so… alone. You’re so wrapped up in your work—“

“Why didn’t you say anything?”

“I’m not going to complain while you’re doing so good.” I blushed.

He exhales. “You… should’ve told me. I love you more than work and I could’ve worked a lot less hours…”

“We both did bad, okay? I messed up big time.”

“What now?”

I shrugged. “I want to go home.”

“What about Devlin?”

“He knows there’s no way out of this. I’ll talk to him.”

Nathan smiles at me. That warm smile that makes me melt like an ice cream out in a summer day.

We hugged… awkwardly.

We walked back inside of the house.

The day went on a little awkward. When I looked over at Nathan he had his head down and when we made eye contact he would look away as if I had some kind of disease.

My mind drifted off to our first kiss.

It was after Jacob had tried to rape me and I went to his room because I didn’t want to sleep alone.

I remember waking up in his arms and looking into his eyes. It was the best night ever in my life. I can remember the butterflies as we kissed. Our first kiss was something I could never forget.

I also remembered Chuck had caught us. It was also the day Peter told me about his feelings. I looked over to him. What was he doing here anyways?

After dinner, I had to be alone. Being surrounded by boys was really hard, especially since four of them wanted me in some way, shape or form.

I sat on the porch and looked at the clear night sky. The stars never looked brighter and the moon never shined brighter as well.

I hear the creaking of the door opening. I looked and saw Brianna. She had the grandmother smile. It reminded me of my grandmother. Oh, how I missed her.

“Evening.” She greeted.

“Evening.”

“I have a feeling you’ll be leaving soon.” She says taking a seat next to me.

“Why?”

She shrugs. “Grandmother’s instinct. I want to talk about something I’ve noticed.”

“Go ahead.” I said.

“You and Little Nathan have a history.” She didn’t ask me. It was a statement.

“Wh-what makes you say that?” I looked away from her.

“Well, I’m old not stupid, my dear.” She smiled. “I can see by the way he looks at you.”

“How would that be, Mrs. O’Brien?”

“Like a man in love.”

“I’m married.” I used the lie for cover-up.

“That doesn’t mean anything… it’s only a piece of paper. A real marriage is when two people are devotionally in love with each other.”

“I love Devlin.” I sort of lied.

She chuckles. “You may, but not the same as with Nathan.”

“I love…” I couldn’t go on any longer.

“Does Devlin know?”

I nodded.

“He’s waiting for me to make-up my mind… we’re going back to Los Angeles.”

“I will miss you.” She hugs me and I hug her back. “You would’ve been the best granddaughter-in-law I could’ve wished for.”

“Thank you, Mrs. O’Brien.”

Our great moment was interrupted with shouting inside of the house. We both stood up and went inside and found… Nathan, Peter, Shane and Devlin fighting. Devlin and Shane partnered and Nathan and Peter as well.

They were throwing punches at each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no idea where this story is going because ideas keep popping up

I might do another sequel

but I'm not sure

should I?