Status: Hiatus

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Capitulo Fifty-Two

I was smothered by kisses and hugs as I landed and saw my parents waiting for me past the metal detectors.

“Mi amor! Mi Cielo!” My mom said as she continued to kiss me.

“Mom, I’m fine.” I said and pulled out.

“You get kidnapped for the third time and you say you’re fine?” She said shaking her head.

Nathan dropped my bags next to me.

“Hello Mrs. Gomez.” Nathan said politely.

My mom let’s go of me and hugs Nathan.

“Thank you! Thank you so much for saving my daughter… again!” She almost sobbed.

“Mom, you’re making a scene.” I whispered.

My mom pulled out and looking back and forth between me and Nathan. I knew she sensed something wrong between us. Heck, I think the whole airport sensed the tension between me and Nathan.

“What happened?” She asked worried.

“Nothing, mom.” I said and picked up my bag and went outside. She followed close behind me. I saw our chauffeur.

I turned to Nathan who was silently followed. It was awkward and too silent even with the buzzing noises all around me.

“Thanks for… coming for me.” I said.

“No problem.” Nathan said.

“Should we talk later?” I asked. “I really want to talk.”

“And say what Melinda? How you might not love me anymore?” He said with hurt in his voice and his eyes. “I can’t talk to you… not when you doubt your feelings for me.”

“What?” My mother said. “Melinda, Nathan what happened in Ireland?”

I didn’t look away from Nathan. “I’m con—“

“Confused! I know!” Nathan roared out of nowhere, I flinched. “Not right now. I need time.”

“Okay,” I whispered. “See you later.” I gave him a kiss on the cheek and got inside of the car. My mom followed me. When she closed the door I started to cry silently. The tears went down and I wiped them away.

“Mija, dime que paso.” Her voice was more understanding.

“Not now mom, later, esta bien?” I gave her a small smile.

She nods.

The chauffeur drops me off at my apartment and takes my bag. When I got off the elevator I was crushed by many people. I was on the ground and everyone else on top of me.

“Get—off!!” I said between gasps.

Maya, Linda, Brian, Jeff, and Rodrigo got off of me.

“Damn—beasts!” I said gasping for air.

They laugh.

“That’s your punishment for getting kidnapped for the third time!” Linda said crossing her arms.

“Well sorry for being weak!” I said as I got up. Rodrigo hugged me lightly.

“We’re glad you’re back, safe and sound.” He said.

“Thanks.”

“Where’s Nathan?” Maya asked.

I looked at her and then away.

“Um, we’re gonna… talk later.” I said as I walked to the apartment door.

I knew they would hear it in my tone.

“What happened?” They all asked.

“It’s nothing, please, let it go.” I pleaded. “I want to sleep. I just came back from an eleven hour trip.”

“Fine, but once you’re out of that shower and dressed… you’re telling us everything from the beginning.” Linda said.

I took my shower. I took my sweet time and when I went out they were all waiting patiently on the sofas. I sat down in the single armchair and sighed and started my story.

I told them from the moment Nathan said he almost had sex with Lucy and until he had the fight with Devlin. How I met Devlin’s grandparents and how we made them believe I was married to him. Even when I slept with Devlin.

“No wonder Nathan is mad.” Jeff muttered. I sent him a dirty glare.

“I didn’t exactly do it to hurt him. I didn’t even know he was going to find me!” I yelled.

“Don’t blame yourself, Melinda. You have needs.” Maya said joking but I wasn’t really in the mood to joke around.

“Do you still love him?” Brian asked.

I didn’t answer at once and they ‘oohed’

“What?”

“You hesitated.” Linda pointed out.

“That doesn’t mean anything.” I growled.

Rodrigo nods his head. “It does, Mels. It means you’re doubting and when someone has the seed of doubt…” He said making perfectly clear what he was trying to get across.

“I don’t know anymore.” I groaned and threw my head back.

“I think you and Nathan should stay together.” Maya said.

“What?” Linda said. “This Devlin guy sounds nice… you know if you leave out the kidnapping and mocking.”

“Are you nuts?” Maya countered. “Nathan and Melinda have gone through so much shit and to be over because of some bastard has a vendetta over a stupid slut like Lucy?! That guy is insane and seriously has bad taste in women!” She looks at me. “No offense.”

I chuckled. “You guys, I seriously just want to go back to work.”

“You still have a job, at least, that’s a Brightside, right?” Jeff said.

I nod. “I’m gonna go sleep.”

---Next Morning---

I woke up and felt… weird to be back home. I almost expected to feel Devlin’s body next to mine. I shook my head and headed to the bathroom. I took my shower and did my business. When I was done it was seven.

I went out and found Maya and Linda eating a bowl of cereal.

“It’s so good to see you now. It was freaky not having you around.” Linda smiled.

“Good to know I was missed then.” I said.

I took a granola bar and took my stuff. Heading back to work, Linda told me where she moved my car. I got my keys and walked outside the apartment only to bump into someone.

“Shit—“ I stopped when I looked and saw Devlin. “What are—“ I was cut short by his lips. My back hit the door of the apartment hard and loud enough for the girls inside to hear.

Then the support on my back was gone and I went backwards taking Devlin down with me. I huffed when he took my breath away, and not the way you think. He was heavy. He quickly lifts himself off of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

sorry for the lack of updates. =[