Status: On Break

Round in Circles, Let's Start Over

Expenssive Foods Mean Guilty Concience.

The door bell rang and I ran downstairs. Casey chased after me and stood in front of the door holding a straightener menacingly in her hand.

"It's okay, Casey. Just put down the straightner." I said slowly.

"Get back up those stairs," she said, gesturing with the curling iron and barely missing my cheek.

"But-" I started.

"Get.Back.Up.Stairs." She cut me off, still holding the curling iron dangerously close to my face.

I decided it was a bad idea trying to argue with her while she was still in possession of the dangerous styling tool. I backed up the stairs, Casey following me, still weilding the curling iron.

The door bell rang again and Casey shoved the iron towards me, threateningly, before walking towards the door as I ran upstairs.

"Hi, Casey, is Lemon ready yet?" I cringed as I heard my name mentioned from down the stairs.

"She'll be ready in like ten minutes, come on in," I heard Casey reply, before running into the bathroom in case she came upstairs and found me listening to them talk.

I sat there, waiting for Case to return with more shit to put on my face or in my hair. I didn't have to wait long though, cause about thirty seconds later Casey came bounding into the room.

"Okay, now where were we?" She smiled evily at me.

"Uh, Case?" I said uneasily, "he's already here, how much more can we do?"

She just smirked and I shrunk back further in my seat.

Ten minutes later, I wandered downstairs. I was still a little amazed at how such a seemingly sweet girl could be so agressive.

"Hey, you ready to- wow," Alex said as he saw me.

"Wow? Jeez Alex, you sound like your in some cheesy movie where they make over the dorky girl," I laughed.

"I'm sorry. I just haven't seen you dressed up before," Alex smiled a little.

"Well, it's all Casey. She freaked out. You know she threatened me with a straghtening iron when I tried to answer the door?"

"Man, and I thought I had crazy friends." I giggled a little and followed Alex towards the door.

He opened my side of the car before walking around the other side and getting in the driver's side.

"Such a gentleman," I mused.

"I try," he smiled.

We drove in silence, to a really nice looking resteraunt. I grinned as Alex rushed to my side of the car to help me out. He lifted his arm and Iinked mine with his. We entered the resteraunt, and walked up the the host.

"Reservations under Gaskarth," Alex told the maitre d'.

He nodded and lead us to our table. Again, Alex pulled out my chair and pushed me in before taking his own seat. The maitre d' handed us our menus and I smiled at him gratefully. I looked over the menu for anything that sounded appetizing. I had had a couple of crackers earlier so I wasn't especially hungry.

"Alex, isn't this place kind of expesive," I said, becoming worried as I scanned the prices.

"It's okay, I have a job, and my parents give me money for helping them around the house, so I can pay for it all. You can eat anything you want."

I smiled, beginning to feel a little sick at his last words.

You can eat anything you want. If only that were true.

I started to feel really bad about this whole thing.

Damn it. Why do I have to be so terrible? If I hadn't been so fat before, I wouldn't have to throw everything up.

Alex's POV

I smiled across the table at Emie. She was smiling at the maitre d'.

God, I love that smile.

I looked over the menu, trying to decide what to eat. When I looked up, Emie was frowning at me.

"Alex, isn't this place kind of expesive," she said, concern filled her voice.

"It's okay, I have a job, and my parents give me money for helping them around the house, so I can pay for it all. You can eat anything you want," I assured her.

She looks so concerned. It's really sweet that she's so worried about me spending too much.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?