Status: On Break

Round in Circles, Let's Start Over

Dammit Alex, I Don't Need Your Help!

Alex stood there with a concerned look on his face.

"A-alex what are you doing here?" I asked, trying to put on my best smile.

"You were in there for a while so I thought I'd check on you, make sure you were okay."

Of course I was in there for a while. I just had to throw up three whole pieces of pizza.

"Well, I'm fine." I smiled.

"Sure didn't sound like that to me," Alex, said.

Shit!

"Just a little bug," I tried.

Alex shook his head, "What going on here Emi?"

I looked at him, scared shit-less. I couldn't tell Alex, he'd think I had a problem and trying to send me to a hospital or something. I knew from experience, Case had tried multiple times to get me to get 'help'. But I didn't need help, I needed people to understand that I wasn't sick.

"Nothing, Alex," I smiled my most reassuring smile, "It's really nothing."

"Emi, I'm not stupid. You go to the bathroom after every meal. You don't eat when we go to movies, and when we're at home you always say you just ate."

I just looked at him, not knowing what to say.

"Lemi, I met you because you passed out in your driveway!"

I cringed, "Alex, I'm fine. I really am fine."

"Are you throwing up after every dinner we go to?" He looked really hurt, and I couldn't bring myself to lie to him again.

"Yes." I answered.

Alex looked pained, "Oh Lemi," he pulled me into a hug, "I'm here for you. I'm going to help you."

I pushed him away, outraged, "Dammit Alex! I don't need your help! The only reason I was throwing up is because you were making me eat!"

He took a step back, "Making you eat?"

"Yes Alex, I didn't want you worrying about me or freaking out, so I ate when I was with you. I don't normally eat that much! You happy?!"

Alex looked even more hurt now, "Em I-"

I cut him off, "Look, I'm not sick or anything, so let's just go back to being us. I like us."

He shook his head, "Lemi, I don't know what to say, but I think I need a little time, and I still think you should get some help."

I just stood there, staring at him.

He's leaving. He's leaving because I care about the way I look?

"Alex, just talk to Casey, and when you're ready to let me live my life, give me a call."

He just smiled sadly and walked out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but oh well.
I have the next chapter mostly finished, so I should put it up soon.
Thank you to all of you who voted for Scarlet Haze in that contest, I really appreciate it.
Comments rock and so do you!