Status: On Break

Round in Circles, Let's Start Over

And Now I'm In a Hospital. Shit.

After Alex left I broke down. He said he was leaving because he needed time to think about this, but I didn't believe him.

He's leaving because you're ugly.

No. He just needs time.

Time? That's bullshit.

I know.

He wants to break up with you now that he knows you have to stop eating to stay this thin.

No. Alex cares about me.

Cares about you? No one cares about you.

That's not true. Alex and Casey care about me.

Alex only like you because you were pretty, but now you aren't perfect anymore. And Casey? She wants you to get fat so she can have Alex all to herself.

If they really cared, they wouldn't want to 'help me' get fat.

Exactly. They don't care. They want to break you down and make you fat. They aren't really your friends.

You're right.

As I was having this conversation in my head, I didn't hear the door open, and someone come in.

Before I knew it, I was enveloped in a big hug. I looked up to find that Alex and Casey were the culprits of the abrupt attack. I wanted to push them off, but when I attempted to move they just hugged me tighter. I was pulled to my feet and Alex looked me in the eyes, just staring. I tried to look away, but he put his hands on either side of my face, holding my head still.

"You need to listen because if you don't you'll be in for a big shock," Alex said, and searched my eyes for some sort of agreement.

He let go of my head once he was sure I wouldn't look away. I nodded my head.

"Good. Now, just relax. Lemi, I like you, a lot. I may almost love you. Understand?" I nodded, "This is for your own good."

I was about to question him when Alex picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. He began to walk as I kicked my feet and punched his back.

"Alex, put me down!" I screamed, punching his back and arms, but he only held on tighter.

"I know you don't think you need this, but I can't see you hurt yourself any longer. Please don't be mad," Casey sort of shrunk as she said the last part. And rightfully so, because in less than a second, my arms were reaching out in an attempt to strangle her.

"Lemi, don't be mad at Casey, I asked for her help. She's just concerned about you," Alex said, switching his grip so he had a better handle on my squirming frame.

"She doesn't have any reason to be concerned!" I yelled, wriggling in an attempt to free myself from Alex's firm grip, "I'm not sick!"

Alex sighed and pushed me into the car, quickly shutting and locking the doors before I had a chance to escape.

"Alex!" I screamed from inside the car.

He opened the driver's door and climbed in. Casey waited until he'd shut his door before getting in on her side.

I continued my attack on Alex's arms until Casey restrained me, at which time I resorted to trying to pull all her hair out. We kept this fight up the whole way to the hospital, with Alex calling out, "It's for your own good," or, "we're just trying to help you, Lemi," every now and then.

We arrived at the hospital, and I tried to make a break for it. Unfortunately, Alex and Casey had been expecting it and double teamed me. I almost got away as I dodged around Alex and a spun away from Casey, but unfortunately I spun into a doctor who was out on his break. He held my arms to my sides and walked me back to where Alex and Casey were standing.

"I think this belongs to you," the doctor said, as he pushed me toward my 'friends'.

"Yeah, thanks," Alex replied, taking me from the doctor and holding me so my back was to his chest.

I squirmed and tried to bite at Alex, but he dodged and kept me close to I couldn't do any damage with my arms or legs.

The doctor chuckled, "you got a feisty one there."

"Don't I know it," Alex smiled, tightening his grip on my squirming frame, "well we should get her inside."

"Thanks again for the help," Casey smiled at the doctor as we walked away.

I continued to squirm while I waited on Alex's lap for Casey to finish checking us in.

"Relax, Lemi, we're gonna go see the nice doctor people and they're gonna make you feel all better," Alex spoke to me as if he was speaking to a six year old afraid of needles.

"Yeah right," I mumbled, struggling harder.

After about a minute I realized resistance was futile, and relaxed in Alex's arms. Alex smiled and kissed my cheek. I shook my head and moved it away from him as much as I could while sitting on his lap.

"Okay, we need to follow this nurse to a room where they'll take a look at her," Casey said, when she got back over to us.

Alex nodded and pulled me up from the chair. We walked down a white, grim looking hallway with Alex holding my shoulders the whole way. The nurse showed us the room and handed me a hospital gown to wear, telling me she would be back in a few minutes.

I ushered Alex out of the room, but he insisted that Casey stay to make sure I didn't try anything. I reluctantly obliged and shut the door, changing into my hospital gown in a matter of seconds. I sat down on the bed and waited for the nurse to return.

When the nurse finally returned to the dismal looking room, she had another nurse with her. The second nurse smiled and introduced herself as Jamie. I smiled slightly and shook her outstretched hand.

"Alright, so we're going to put an IV in your arm now," The first nurse said.

I nodded, glaring at Alex.

"You'll feel a little pinch, but it shouldn't hurt too much," the nurse explained.

She found the vein right away and was soon telling me that a doctor would be in to examine me in a sec.

I waited patiently for the doctor, glaring at Alex and Casey the whole time.

It was about five minutes before the doctor entered my room, dragging along six others in his wake.

"Alright, Lemon?" He said, looking at the my chart.

"That's me," I replied, as cheerfully as I could.

"That's an interesting name you've got there."

I rolled my eyes. They always say that, it's there way of saying, 'What wackjob names their kid Lemon?'

"Well, Lemon, this is a teaching hospital, so I hope you don't mind if I have my interns watch me treat you, and maybe help with some things."

"No problem," I replied, smiling at one of the cute, male interns.

I could see Alex getting angry as he watched me silently flirting with the interns.

I smiled inwardly at Alex's jealousy.

Serves him right for bringing me here.

--

"Really?" The hot doctor nodded, "I think that's so cool. I mean being placed in a country you know nothing about, and helping all the sick people there. You're so brave."

I smiled, batted my eyelashes, and flipped my hair.

I slightly glanced over at Alex. He was fuming, his knuckles white from gripping the chair so hard, his jaw clenched, and his face turning red. I smiled to myself and turned my attention back to the cute doctor.

"So, are you going to tell me your name yet?" I asked the intern.

"I told you, you have to guess."

I giggled, "You're so mean. Ryan?"

He nodded and smiled.

"Yay!" I exclaimed.

Alex rolled his eyes.

I had asked the intern his name about an hour ago. He didn't want to tell me and had me guess. I got three hints along the way; it had and "R" in it; it had an "A" in it; it was four letters.

I clapped my hands together and Ryan shook his head at my sillyness.

"So how old are you, Ryan?" I asked.

"Seven-teen," Ryan replied.

I raised an eyebrow, "That's really young to be working here."

"Yeah, I started school when I was four, and then I skipped third grade and eighth grade, meaning I graduated high school when I was fifteen."

I smiled, my best smile, "Wow, you must be really smart."

"I guess," He blushed.

Ooo and the look on Alex's face was priceless.

"So you're in your third year of college?" I asked; it still didn't make sense that he was here.

"Well no. I took college classes during junior and senior year of high school."

I noticed Alex getting more and more tense.

"You are like the smartest guy I've ever met," I smiled and flipped my hair again.

"Thanks," he blushed again, "You know a lot about me, but I only know what your chart tells me. Now that just doesn't seem fair."

He was flirting back and I knew Alex was about to attack him.

"Well here's a little summary. I'm sixteen. I like animals, and rock music. My friends brought me here because they think I'm sick, which I'm not. And I'm single," I hinted, smiling as Alex stood up and stormed out of the room.

"Your friend doesn't seem too happy with that summary," Ryan said, raising an eyebrow.

"He's just a little touchy. He wants me to say something that I'm not going to say, I replied, raising my voice on the last part so Alex could here from where I knew he would be standing, just outside the door.

"What wouldn't you say?"

"Nothing important," I smiled.

"If you say so," Ryan replied, "So, I couldn't help but notice you saying you were single."

My smile grew and I allowed a little bit of a smirk to mingle with it.

"Would you like to go to a movie or something once you get out of here?"

I nodded, "I'd love that."

Ryan smiled, "Great, but I just need to know one thing," I nodded, "What are you in here for?"

I gulped.

"You're in the rehab ward, so I know it's something that you have some control over, but I kinda need to know what it is. I don't want to be going out with a meth addict or something."

I understood his concern, but I really didn't want to tell him.

"Um, I'm-I'm here for," I gulped again, "I'm here because, because my friends think I need to...."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I'm mean.
Oh well.
I kinda like this one, but I kinda don't.
Most of it is pretty fillerish, but we all know fillers need to exist.
Comments are awesome and they make me update faster.
:D