Status: Hiatus

I Can't Believe This

Home Sweet Home

“Where the hell is the box that has my underwear, bras, and socks in it?” I yelled, furiously searching through the boxes left in my soon to be empty room. “Billie Joe?”

“What?” he asked, poking his head into the room.

“Have you seen the box that had all of my personal belongings in it?” I asked, getting down on my hands and knees to check in my closet. “Billie?” I looked up and saw him smirking at me. “What?”

“Nothing, just a nice view that’s all,” he grinned. “But no, I haven’t seen the box.”

“Dammit! Well it has to be around here somewhere, it not like it could just grow some legs and walk right out of the fucking apartment!”

Billie Joe chuckled, then answered, “Someone probably already put it in one of the cars. I’ll go check.” He smiled at me, then turned and bounded down the stairs.

‘Fuck!’ I thought to myself. I hate packing. But it would be worth it when all of my stuff was finally moved into Billie Joe’s house. That’s what we were doing today. Moving. Billie, Mike, Tré, and Rhianna were all helping me move my things over to Billie’s, and so far it was going very smoothly. I already had most of my stuff there, since Tré and Mike had brought their cars, and I had mine, and this would be our last trip. Now if I could just find my damn underwear!

I sighed and went downstairs to see how everyone else was doing, when I heard a crash come from the kitchen. I walked to the swinging door that separates the kitchen and living room, and peeked in. I had to put my hand over my mouth to keep from laughing, because there was Billie Joe and Tré fighting over a box filled with my stuff.

“Tré, give me the fucking box!” Billie yelled, kicking Tré in the leg.

“Fuck you! I found it first!” Tré retorted, punching Billie in the arm.

I strolled into the kitchen and sat down at the little table. “What are you two doing?” I asked, laughing.

“I found the box that has all of your personal belongings in it,” Billie said, yanking the box out of Tré’s grasp.

“What the hell Tré? You had my underwear box? I’ve been looking for that for the past hour!” I grabbed the box and swiftly hit Tré in the arm.

“What? I was just packing it for you.” He smirked, then added, “You have some very interesting undergarments.”

“Tré, shut up.” Billie whacked him over the head. “And stop going through my girlfriends underwear, only I get to do that.”

I laughed, then turned and headed down to my car to pack the last box. I jumped when I felt Billie’s arms snake around my waist. “Jesus, you scared the hell out of me.”

He laughed. “Sorry. So, are you excited?”

I turned in his arms and brought mine up to circle around his neck. “I’m very excited.” I gave him a light kiss, then freed myself from his grasp. “See you at the house.” I grinned, then got into my car, where Rhianna was already waiting.

What took you guys so long, Rhianna and I have been here for a half hour,” I said, turning off the T.V. that we’d been watching.

“Well we would have been here sooner, had someone not gotten pulled over for speeding.” Mike said, glaring at Tré.

“Hey, that cop was way off base. I was not going 45 in a 25 zone. I can read a speedometer,” Tré huffed.

“Wow, well okay, I’m going to go get some boxes.” I laughed, heading out the door.

***

“That’s the last of it.” I sighed, collapsing onto the couch next to Billie.

“Yeah, finally. You have a lot of stuff.”

I rolled my eyes. “Says the man who has more hair products than any hair salon in town.”

He frowned. “I do not.”

“You have more than I do,” I pointed out, laughing.

“Well that’s because it takes a lot gel for my hair to stay spiky.” He laid down, resting his head on my lap.

“Tired?” I asked, smirking at him, while running my fingers through his hair.

“Hmm.”

I kissed him softly before lying my head back on the sofa and closing my eyes. All of Billie Joe’s weight suddenly disappeared from the couch, but then I felt it all being placed on my lap. “Billie, what the hell are you doing?” I asked, opening my eyes again to see him straddling my waist.

He didn’t say anything just smirked and leaned in to kiss me. “I thought you were tired,” I mumbled against his soft lips.

His voice was husky in my ear. “Not anymore,” he whispered, placing kisses up and down my jaw line. “Besides, we need to christen our house.”

“Hmm, yes we do.” I pulled him against me and brought his lips back to mine, deepening our kiss.

The only sound in the house was our uneven breathing and soft moans, as we rolled off the couch and onto the floor, to christen our home.

***

Give me a shot to remember,
And you can take all the pain away from me,
A kiss and I will surrender,
The sharpest lives are the deadliest to lead.

I groaned as my cell started to belt out “The Sharpest Lives”. I rolled over and grabbed it off of the nightstand next to the bed and flipped it open. “What?” I asked, still sleepy.

“So how’s it going so far?” Rhianna’s voice was extremely chipper. Especially since it was only 7:18 in the morning.

“Couldn’t this have waited until a decent hour?”

“I couldn’t wait to call and find out things were going. Relax, it’s not going to hurt you to wake up at 7:00 in the morning for once.”

“The hell it isn’t,” I contradicted, yawning.

“So how does it feel? Living with Billie Joe?”

I smiled. “It feels like home.”

I could hear the smile in her voice. “Good.”

“Did you two fuck last night?” I heard Tré yell from the background.

“Tre, shut the hell up and go back to sleep.” Rhianna muttered. “Sorry about that.” she said to me.

I just laughed. “It’s okay. But obviously Billie and I weren’t the only ones to have some fun last night.” There was silence on the other end, which caused me to laugh more.

“Yeah, well…”

“You two did fuck! I knew it!” Tré yelled.

“Tré, give me the other phone before you lose your other nut!” Rhianna threatened.

I heard a whimper and a click, signaling that Tré had left the conversation. “Alright, well I’m going back to sleep,” I said.

“Alright, see ya,” Rhianna said, then hung up.

I closed my phone and rolled back over, coming face to face with Billie’s beautiful green orbs.

“Good morning.” he leaned in and kissed me softly.

“Good morning,” I smiled. “How long have you been awake?”

“Long enough,” he grinned. “I’m glad that this feels like home to you.”

He leaned in to kiss me again, but I stopped him. “No offense, babe, but you have really bad morning breath.”

He rolled his eyes and suddenly rolled us over so that he was on top of me. “Oh well,” he smirked, kissing me long and hard on the mouth.

“Ew, Billie, that’s gross!” I squirmed and pushed him off me.

“Oh please, it’s not like your mouth is any better right now. We both have morning breath. And truthfully, I’d say that yours is worse than mine.” he shrugged nonchalantly, trying not to laugh.

“It is not!”

“How would you know? You don’t kiss yourself.”

I playfully smacked him arm and got out of bed, heading to the bathroom to take shower, but I was stopped by Billie again, him putting his arms around my stomach. He turned me around and pressed my back into the bathroom door, leaning in so that our noses were almost touching.

“Okay, so maybe your morning breath isn’t worse than mine. They’re probably the same.” he grinned again, before placing a kiss under my earlobe, and snaking his hands under my shirt. Then he started to gently trace random patters on my sides and on my back.

Despite my efforts, a small moan escaped from my now parted lips. I felt Billie Joe grin once more against my neck, obviously pleased with the response he’d received. His lips trailed their way up my neck and across my jaw line, before reaching my lips. I smiled, then gently pushed him away. “I’m still not kissing you until you’ve brushed your teeth.”

His smile disappeared and was replaced by a frown. His eyes were pleading as he gave me puppy dog eyes. “Please?” he asked, like a little kid.

I laughed and shook my head. “Sorry. Now I am going to get a shower.”

His eyes lit up and he reached behind me to open the door to the bathroom. “I’ll join you.” he wriggled his eyebrows and pulled me into the room.

***

“That was refreshing,” Billie said, once we were dressed.

“Yes it was,” I said, smirking.

Give me a shot to remember,
And you can take all the pain away from me,
A kiss and I will surrender,
The sharpest lives are the deadliest to lead.

“Jesus, what now?” I grumbled, picking up my cell phone. “Hello?”

“Where have you been? I’ve been trying to call you for the past hour but no one answered at your apartment.”

“Oh, uh, hey Dad.” Shit. I hadn’t told him that I’d moved in with Billie. And truthfully, I wasn’t planning on telling him or my mom anyway. They weren’t very fond of the idea of someone, especially their daughter, living with a man they weren’t married too. Old fashioned, I know. “Sorry, I’ve been, um, out.”

“Oh, well I was just calling to see how you were doing since the last time I saw you. And when I couldn’t get an answer at your apartment I tried your cell. And I still didn’t get an answer, so I got kind of worried.”

“Sorry, I left my cell at home.”

“Who is it?” Billie asked, walking over to me.

I immediately put my finger to my lips, telling him not to talk, then I mouthed ‘my dad’ at him.

“Who was that?” my dad asked.

Of course, he just had to hear Billie. Shouldn’t he be losing his hearing by now? “Oh, that was just my…neighbor.” I replied, quickly.

“Oh, well I just wanted to call and check on you. And wish you an early happy birthday, since your mother and I are going to be out of town next week.”

“Oh, thanks Dad, tell mom thanks too.”

“Alright, well have a great birthday, I love you. And your mother says she loves you too.”

“Thanks, love you guy too. Bye.” I hung up and sighed a breath of relief. “That was close.”

“Why did you tell me not to talk?” Billie asked.

“Because my mom and dad don’t know that I’m with you and they especially don’t know that I’ve moved in with you.”

“Oh.” Billie looked a little hurt “Why didn’t you tell your dad just now?”

“That wouldn’t have gone well. My parents don’t believe in the whole living-out-of-wedlock thing, you know?”

“Oh, well why don’t you just tell them? What are they going to do? Drag you back to Oregon?”

“I wouldn’t put it past them,” I mumbled. “I’ll tell them when they get back,” I said, a little louder.

“Speaking of which, I heard you dad wish you an early happy birthday. When is your birthday?”

“Next week, the thirtieth.”

Billie Joe grinned. “Great, I’ll remember that. Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I’m not big on birthdays.” I shrugged.

“You’ll be turning…27?” Billie asked, ignoring my previous statement.

“Yeah.”

“Yup, I’ll remember that.” He winked then came over and brushed a kiss onto my lips. “See you downstairs.” Then he disappeared out the door.

What the hell am I going to tell my parents? ‘Hey mom and dad, did I mention that I have a boyfriend now and that I’m living with him?’ I sighed, my parents were cool for parents but they were really old fashioned about some things. It took a lot to convince them that moving to Oakland was a good choice and that I’d be happy. Of course, they’d been worried about what might happen out there, what with past things I’ve done. But I’d told them that all of that was behind me and that I’d grown up since then. So how well would it go over when I told them that I was now living with my boyfriend? Of course, I didn’t think that was the right word to describe Billie Joe, he was much more than just my ’boyfriend’. But that’s how I would be describing him to my parents.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: This is going to be the last update for awhile, unless I can find some time to do it. But next week is my last week of summer and I'm going on a little vacation. Then school starts, so I don't know when I'll be able to update again. But I promise, as soon as I get the time, I will.
<33