Status: Hiatus

I Can't Believe This

Multi-colored Skirts and Sodapop

“Um, hi. Is this Emilie?” I asked, clawing at the pillow next to me.

“Yeah, who’s this?”

“Lisa.”

There was silence on the other end of the phone for a moment, before she screamed, “You’re kidding me! Lisa, like Lisa from junior high and high school?”

I laughed. “Yeah. What’s up?”

“Oh my God. Nothing. Just working. What about you? Last I heard you’d moved to California with Rhianna.”

“Oh yeah, I did.”

“And how’s that going?”

“Good, great actually.”

There was a click and I heard some breathing on the other line for a moment. “Emilie?” I asked.

“Oh shit. Sorry babe, didn’t know you were on the phone,” Billie answered. The phone clicked again, signaling that he had hung up.

Emilie and I laughed. “Who was that?” she asked, still laughing.

“Oh, that was Billie.”

“Your, what, boyfriend?”

“Uh, yeah, actually.”

“Oh cool,” she said, nothing else.

That’s what I’ve always loved about Emilie, no prying into your business. She’s always been content with just an answer, no explanation.

“So why’d you call?”

“Just wanted to catch up, I was in town last weekend and I ran into Morgan, and ever since then I’ve been really missing some of my old friends.”

“And that includes me?”

“Of course.”

“Yay! I feel loved!”

“Well you should,” I said, laughing. “So where are you living now?”

“Actually I’m in L.A. at the moment on assignment.”

“On assignment? That sounds mysterious. What are you now? A spy?”

“Journalist.”

“No shit? You became a journalist?” I couldn’t believe it. The last time I talked to her, her big plan had been to become a beatnik and play the upright base in a band along with our friend Grace, who would be playing the bongos. Yeah, I know. I have some odd friends.

“Yep. And right now I’m reporting on some stuff going down in L.A.”

“Wow. Well hey, you should come up and see me on your way home.”

“Yeah? Where are you living now?”

“Oakland.”

“Ok, sweet, I will. Hey, will I get to meet this boyfriend of yours while I’m there?” she asked.

I could hear the smile in her voice. “It’s a definite possibility.”

“Sweet. Well I’ll see you on, um, Thursday. That okay?”

“That’s fine.”

“Okay, great. Well I have to go, so see you in a couple days.”

“Alright, bye.”

“See ya.”

I hung up the phone and noticed that Billie was standing in the doorway. “Oh, hey.”

“Hey. Who was that?”

“My friend Emilie. She’s actually going to be in town on Thursday and she’s going to come visit. Is that alright?”

“Sure,” he said as he flopped down on the couch, resting his head on my lap. “I want to meet your other friends.”

“Well, now you will.” I smiled and kissed him on the forehead.

***

“What time is it?!” I yelled to Billie, who was downstairs.

“2:32!” he yelled back.

Fuck. Emilie was going to be here in a few minutes and I still hadn’t gotten dressed yet. Oh what the hell? She’s one of my best friends, she’s seen me in my pajamas before, so why the hell am I so nervous you ask? Well, good question, 'Cause I have no fucking clue. Probably just because I haven’t seen her in forever.

I raced down the stairs, trying to grab my shoes, when I ran right into Billie Joe. “Oh shit.” I yelled, as we tumbled to the floor. I looked at him and burst out laughing. “N-nice,” I gasped. “Nice hair!” I rolled onto my stomach, trying to cover my giggles.

Billie Joe just looked at me for a second before carefully touching his hair. “Fuck,” he mumbled, trying to wring out the soda that now covered his head and part of his shirt.

“Sorry,” I gasped again, sitting up.

“Oh you’re gonna be sorry,” he growled, pinning me to the floor on my back.

“Ahh, Billie! Stop!” I yelled, trying to wriggle out from under him. He didn’t listen, just continued to shake his wet hair out on me.

“Nope, you’re gonna get it now.” Just then, his fingers dug into my sides, tickling me.

I laughed, trying to get air to my lungs. I tried to shove Billie off, but it was useless. “Billie! Please!”

“Well, since you said please.” He finally stopped tickling me and laid down on top of me. “But only because you said please.” He smiled his trademark smile at me and kissed my cheek. “I need a shower,” he whispered against my neck.

“Yeah, me too, now.”

Billie wiggled his eyebrows at me in that suggestive way he had. “Well, come on, let’s go get a shower before our company arrives.” he stood up, pulling me with him.

“Billie, you go get a shower, I’m just going to change for now, you didn’t get my hair, so I can wait on my shower.”

“Well, that can be fixed.” Billie raised one eyebrow and began walking towards me slowly.

I glared. “Don’t you dare.”

“Why not?”

I backed up farther, desperately trying to put some space in between us. Billie stopped for a second, then crouched slightly. He suddenly sprung forward and grabbed me around the waist, knocking us onto the floor again.

“Jesus Billie,” I said, laughing as we slid into the wall a couple feet away.

“I know.” He smiled and kissed me again, rubbing his hair again my neck.

“Ew! Billie Joe! Now my neck is all sticky!,” I complained.

“Sorry, let me help.”

“I think you’ve helped--” I trailed off as I felt his tongue lick a long, wet line down my neck. “Enough.”

I leaned in to kiss him just as the doorbell rang.

“Go away!” Billie yelled, kissing my neck.

I rolled my eyes. “Hold on!” i yelled. I pushed Billie off me again and got up to answer the door.

“You are no fun,” he whined, pouting.

“Sorry babe, but that would be Emilie.” I made my way to the front door and opened it, only to be tackled to the floor again. I screamed as Emilie and I went down.

“Hey!” she greeted, grinning.

“Hey, still into big entrances, I see.” I laughed and hugged her.

“Yeah well.” She shrugged and hugged me back.

“Ending up on the floor a lot today, huh, Lisa?” Billie Joe smirked at me as he walked into the room.

“Shut up.” I helped Emilie up and grabbed one of her bags. She’d decided that since she didn’t have to be back at work until Monday that she was going to spend the weekend with us too. Which had gotten me excited and had also sent me into a frenzy of trying to clean up the guest room.

“What Lisa’s forgetting is that I’m Billie Joe. Nice to meet you Emilie.” He held out his hand to her, which she took without really looking up.

“Hi,” she said, quickly, picking up her other bag.

I laughed to myself, my hand covering my mouth as Billie Joe raised an eyebrow at me.

‘What the fuck?’ he mouthed at me.

I just shook my head. Emilie hadn’t noticed yet.

“You have a huge house! I mean seriously, I had to check the address you gave me four times before I got up the nerve to ring the doorbell, ‘cause knowing you, you’d probably give me the address of whoever lived next to you, just to embarrass me.” She shook her head and smoothed out the multi-colored knee length skirt she was wearing. “But you didn’t, how strange.”

I laughed and shook my head. “Actually, this isn’t where I’ve been living the whole time, I just recently moved in here. This is Billie’s house.”

Our house now though,” he commented, winking at me.

I smiled at him and turned Emilie around to face him. “You know, my boyfriend?”

She finally looked up, saying, “Oh yeah, sorry about--” She dropped her bag on my foot.

“Ow, fuck, Emilie!”

“Hoy shit! Holy shit! You’re Billie Joe Armstrong!” She turned back around to face me, pointing her index finger in my direction. “You never told that your boyfriend Billie was actually Billie Joe-fucking- Armstrong!”

Uh…sorry?” I offered, smiling innocently.

She snorted and turned around again. “Well it’s very nice to meet you, now that I actually know who the hell you are, that is.”

Billie laughed and shook her outstretched hand again. “Nice to meet you too…again.” He looked at me over her head, smirking, again. “Yeah, Lisa, how could you not tell her which Billie I was?”

I rolled my eyes and grabbed both of her suitcases. “Okay, have fun you two, I’m putting these up in your room Emilie.” I turned and walked up the stairs. I settled the bags onto the floor next to the bed and almost ran into Emilie on my way out. “Oh God! Damn, you scared me.”

“Lisa, you are so lucky. I mean, God, Billie Joe Armstrong. I can’t believe Billie Joe Armstrong is your soul mate!! So unfair!” She playfully pouted at me, then thread her arm through mine.

Wait. Did she just say what I think she just said?

“Wait, what? Soul mate?”

Oh please, with the way you two look at each other. Those looks have love and soul mates written all over them.” She grinned again and pulled me out of the room.

“You’ve only been here, what five minutes and you’re already predicting who my soul mate’s going to be?

“Yeah, well, what can I say? It’s a gift.”

I rolled my eyes and followed her back downstairs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry that this chapter is kind of short, but the next will be longer. Promise.
I hope you like it anyway, and thanks to everyone who's reading this. It means a lot to me :)