I've Got A Secret, Please Don't Repeat It

chapter thirteen'

“What did you do that for?” Fernando growled after Rebecca pulled him into her room.

“Do what?” Rebecca quickly countered.

“I don’t need a girl protecting me.”

“Are you serious? I just saved your butt and this is how you thank me?” Rebecca growled back.

“I didn’t need your help.”

Rebecca became even more infuriated. She couldn’t believe Fernando was this unappreciative.

She looked up to see Fernando scowling at her and that really set her off.

Rebecca growled and grabbed Fernando, pulling him out of her room, across the hall to the room he shared with Sergio. She banged on the door, with enough force to wake up the whole floor.

When Sergio opened the door, he looked very surprised to see Rebecca standing with Fernando in tow.

“You can have him,” Rebecca said as she pushed Fernando to Sergio. “You two are perfect for each other.”

Sergio caught Fernando and gave him a “what the hell did do you?” look. Which Fernando returned with an “I have no idea in the world” look.

Rebecca stormed back into her room, she was so furious she was almost ready to trash the room. The moment that thought came into her head, she stopped, realizing that she was over-reacting. Or was she?

Her thoughts weren’t making sense, as her emotions were getting the best of her. Rebecca picked up her cell phone, and typed in Rafa’s number without even skipping a beat. The second the phone started ringing, she hung up.

Rebecca realized that Rafa was playing in the final of the Artois Championships tomorrow. Her head fell into her heads as she softly cried. She couldn’t believe she had been so selfish the past couple days that she completely ignored her best friend.

Rebecca cried herself to sleep that night, feeling totally disgusted with herself. When morning arrived, Rebecca looked like a total wreck. She made her way down to the hotel restaurant to eat breakfast with the team, let’s just say that Rebecca wasn’t looking her best.

Sergio and Fernando had a long talk the night before, trying to settle their differences. That was successful; they both agreed that they wanted the best for Rebecca. The pair were completely blown away at Rebecca’s appearance at breakfast the next morning.

Rebecca sat at the very end of the table, not wanting to socialize or talk with anyone on the team. Sergio and Fernando ruined her plan, sitting on both sides of her, trapping her in.

“I really don’t want to talk to anyone right now,” Rebecca said coldly.

“And that’s exactly why we’re sitting with you," Sergio replied happily.

Rebecca gave cold stares to both of the boys.

“We talked last night,” Fernando started to say.

“Mmhmm,” Rebecca replied, attempting to sound uninterested.

“We settled our differences, and now we hope we can do the same.”

Rebecca didn’t know how to respond, she really needed her friends back. When Rebecca didn’t respond right away, the boys felt like nothing was going to change and started to get up.

Rebecca felt the tears starting to come as she stood up to go after them.

“I forgive you,” Rebecca finally stammered out.

Sergio and Fernando turned around, huge grins plastered on their faces. The pair ran back to Rebecca, engulfing her in a huge group hug. The rest of the team, hollered and cheered, knowing their team was back in the runnings.

Rebecca wiped the tears from her cheek, she though of a great bonding activity for the team.

“Come on Rafa! Put Djokovic away!”

“No! Rafa! You should have gone wide!”

Rebecca was having the time of her life, watching Rafa’s final match against Djokovic. She couldn’t believe how passionate the soccer players were about tennis. She softly laughed, thinking of how passionate Rafa was about soccer.

Rafa ended up winning against Djokovic, 7-6, 7-5. Rebecca was ecstatic, shouting, “That’s my boy!”

This earned a confused look from Iker and a jealous look from Fernando.

“You know Rafa?” Iker asked quizzically.

“Do I know Rafa? I’m the person that got him through his second Roland Garros victory and his first lost at Wimbledon!”

“Seriously? I’m really good friends with him.”

Rebecca suddenly got very quiet.

Iker noticed this and put his arm around her, which Fernando didn’t like very much.

“I’m sorry, did I say something wrong?”

“No…I probably would have known that if I hadn’t of ignored Rafa so much the past couple weeks,” Rebecca replied somberly.

“Don’t eat yourself up about it. I know for a fact that Rafa totally understands.”

Rebecca smiled, “You two were talking about me, weren’t you?”

Iker smiled at her question, “We would do nothing of the sort.”

“Oh, really?” Rebecca replied, preparing to run after Iker.

Iker sensed the need to run and called Fernando for back-up.

Fernando, unfortunately, is very faithful to his team. Rebecca didn’t even make it out the door, before Fernando scooped her up into his arms.

“Well, hello there hermoso,” Fernando said happily, with a smirk on his face.

Rebecca blushed, hearing Fernando call her beautiful. She was then quick to respond, “I really don’t like you right now.”

“Well then, you’re really not going to like me after this.”

“After wh…”

Rebecca wasn’t able to finish her sentence, because Fernando started running around their hotel floor with Rebecca still in her arms. The team was in tears from laughing so much, as Rebecca tried to wiggle out of Fernando’s grasp. Which failed miserably.

Rebecca felt like her old self and when Fernando finally put her down. She was sure to make her way over to Sergio, giving him a huge bear hug.

“You got your girl back.”

Sergio grinned from ear to ear, returning Rebecca’s bear hug.

Luis had decided it was best for his team to figure out their differences themselves, instead of getting involved. He knew the past Rebecca had suffered, but her past made her strong.

The next two days went smoothly, practices were crisp and clean. Luis started to feel very confident about his team, including Rebecca who would be starting the match against Greece.
♠ ♠ ♠
"I wouldn't know better then to get scared, ‘cause since we've met we've had this great connection."
~ Maria Mena