I've Got A Secret, Please Don't Repeat It

chapter fifteen'

Rebecca pulled away, equalling Fernando’s shocked face. The team erupted into even louder cheers and hollers. The game ended two minutes later, and the team stormed the field, celebrating their third victory.

Rebecca was astonished when she won the Carlsberg’s Man of the Match, another first for the EURO organization. She was so excited that she started mixing her languages and was answering in English, Spanish and German. She apologized profusely, as the interviewers laughed at the blush finding its way onto her cheeks.

The blush stayed on Rebecca’s cheeks for the rest of the night. She couldn’t believe how embarrassing it was! The team didn’t really help with making her feel any better.

Rebecca felt her phone vibrate, signalling she had gotten a text.

Nice interview, very cute!
- Lukas


“Not him too!” Rebecca exclaimed, at the restaurant where the team was having a late dinner.

“Not who?” Sergio asked with a puzzled look on his face.

“Lukas has decided the join the band-wagon of making sure that I don’t forget about my mess-up in the interview.”

Rebecca’s response made Fernando scowl, feeling instantly jealous of Lukas.

Rebecca brushed this off, not knowing how to handle her personal life at the moment.

The dinner was coming to a close, when Rebecca felt someone place their hands on her shoulders.

“We need to talk,” said Fernando.

Rebecca looked up at him with sad eyes.

“Or should we hold it off for the morning?”

“I just need…time to think,” Rebecca finally replied.

“I have all the time in the world for you, hermoso,” Fernando said, pecking Rebecca on the cheek.

Rebecca slumped back down into her chair, placing her head in her heads, sighing in the process.

“What’s up girl?” Sergio said with concern in his voice.

“Fernando is not making this easy on me, at all.”

“He likes you.”

“Thanks Captain Obvious,” Rebecca replied sarcastically.

“Well, it might not be so obvious to you,” Sergio said quietly. “And I think that you’re afraid of commitment.”

Rebecca’s head snapped up, “How do you know about Madrid?”

“Luis told me.”

“He had no right!” Rebecca yelled, which caused quite a big scene.

“I think it’s time that you go to bed,” Sergio said, reaching for Rebecca.

Rebecca pulled away, “I don’t need to be told when my curfew is, thank you very much.”

“Rebecca,” Sergio said sternly. “We don’t need this now.”

“Don’t need this? What another fight? Just like the one you had with Luis at the training pitch? Huh? I don’t think I need to…”

Rebecca was interrupted by Sergio, “We were arguing about you!”

Rebecca was shocked.

“It may be news to you, but this team cares about you. You don’t have to face life alone, you have friends here.”

With this, Sergio left the dining hall, leaving Rebecca to ponder her thoughts.

Rebecca slowly made her way up to her room, not knowing what was going to happen in the future.

Rebecca didn’t know who to go to, until she heard her phone start ringing, smiling as she saw who was calling.

“I was wondering when the celebrity boy was going to call me,” Rebecca said with a smile.

“I wouldn’t be talking there, miss celebrity!”

“I’m so glad to have you back Rafa…”

“Don’t get all mushy on me now!”

“Hey, I wasn’t getting mushy. Just sentimental!”

The pair continued their conversation for almost an hour, with Rebecca feeling completely relaxed and calm with her life.

Just before Rebecca was about to hang up, Rafa surprised her with a question.

“What are you going to do after the EURO Cup is done?”

That dampen Rebecca’s mood right away, “I have no idea.”

“This wasn’t meant to as a negative, but how would you like to come watch me at Wimbledon when you’re finished?”

Rebecca couldn’t stop screaming she was so happy, “I love to! But it would probably be right after the celebrations in Madrid!”

“Oh, nice one Bec.”

“Hahaha, I try!”

“And don’t worry about travelling by yourself, Iker said he would probably come watch a few days. Even Fernando and Sergio expressed some interest!”

“Since when have you been ‘buddy buddy’ with Sergio and Fernando?”

“Well, I had to introduce myself to your other Spanish best friend.”

“Of course...”

“I had to see if I had any competition!”

“You don’t have any, don’t worry! What about Fernando?”

“I had to talk to the boy that broke my best friend’s heart!”

Rebecca gasped, “You didn’t!”

“I did.”

“You do know that just put you in limbo in my good books.”

And with that Rebecca hung up on Rafa, boiling over with frustration.

The next morning, Rebecca was in a very bad mood from the combination of the team dinner and her conversation with Rafa.

She was in such a bad mood that she claimed the TV to herself, wanting to watch the Quarterfinal match between Germany and Portugal. Slowly the team made their way into the entertainment room, making sure that they didn’t say anything to upset Rebecca.

Germany was leading 2 – 0, but by the end of the first half it was 2 -1. Michael Ballack scored to make it 3 – 1, but Hélder Postiga scored in the last two minutes to make the final score 3 – 2.

Rebecca was ecstatic that Germany had won, shouting, “That’s my team.”

Instantly regretting it.
♠ ♠ ♠
"It's your turn, so take a seat we're settling the final score. And why do we like to hurt so much?"
~ Paramore