Skinny Jeans Have No Place On These Thighs

The Long Walk Home

This was definitely a good idea.

It didn't look at all mental to jump up while Marcus was in the toilet and simply run out of the front door.

It's easier in the long run. No difficult conversation about how I don't want him to put his hand in between my legs. No, this was definitely the right thing to do.

Yes, it's a long way across town, it's gone three o clock in the morning and I'm high on a number of substances. What's the big deal? People are always saying girls shouldn't walk home by themselves. Well, there's so many people telling us not to, all the rapists and muggers probably just assume we're not doing it anymore.

They're probably changing their ways. Becoming school teachers or working for their local councils. So it's worked out for everybody in the long run and girls can go back to walking home by themselves without having to fork out for taxis or hiring guys to be your friends.

Did I close the front door? I probably did.

I've never had a guy as a friend. Of course, I know boys at school but I've always been to scared to talk to them. If they ever talk to me, I always assume they're just messing around. That they've been dared to and that it's all a trick.

Slightly paranoid possibly but it just means that I won't be caught off guard. Bridget has always had a lot of guy friends. But then, she has a brother so she's used to having boys around.

Izzie has always tried to have guy friends but they always end up just fancying her. She'd convince herself she liked them back for a week or so and then have to talk it out and have a horribly public break up with them. A lot of them stopped bothering with her in the end.

I wonder if Marcus will be wondering where I am. Maybe I should have left a note. It all happened so suddenly though. He'd just gone to the toilet and I was feeling all uplifted suddenly by my idea of just leaving. Looking back, it might have been better to say something to him.

Leaving a note might not have been the worst thing I'd ever done.

What if Marcus forgets to get my phone back from Iggy Popper? What will I do then? God that would be terrible. What would I say to Mum?

Christ, what am I going to say to my mother? Oh hi Mum, sorry I'm almost ten hours late back but I had to pick up some drugs from my new lovers dealer and then spend some time snorting them and making out with him on the living room floor.

She will kill me. What if she calls the police? Maybe I should have a story ready?

God, what if she's called the police and when I get back they realise that I've been doing drugs? Jesus, I haven't thought this through. I need to think of something.

Maybe I could pretend I got attacked but be conviniently over it by the time I get in the front foor and not bothered about pressing charges. I could say I fought him and managed to run away and that I've been hiding behind a fence all night.

Yeah, brilliant. And while Mum's scratching her head and wondering where I developed my martial arts skill from, the police can award me with a medal and write me a note for my physics homework. Need to come up with better ideas!

*

I got in just before five o clock. I opened the front door really quietly. I have to admit, I was so relieved that there were no police cars outside I felt like dancing a jig in the hall. Obviously, I didn't though.

I tiptoed up the stairs and slid my bedroom door open. I quickly slipped my pajamas on and got into bed. I had barely shut my eyes and rolled onto my side when I decided I needed a glass of water.

I staggered back down the stairs, holding onto the bannister with only one hand and made my way noiselessly into the kitchen.

I was just running the tap to get the water cold when I heard a man cough outside and then a key in the front door.

I know it was stupid - utterly stupid - but for a moment, I thought it might have been my Dad. I flung the glass down into the sink and skidded into the hall.

And let out a scream when I realised that the man standing in the hall was definitely not my father.
♠ ♠ ♠
There you go gang!
Hope you enjoyed this.

By the way, I do not think that rapists and muggers should get jobs in schools. Not primary schools anyway.

THANKS!