Drunk in Paris

L'Amour et le crâne

My eyes opened, the alarm clock directly next to the bed read 10:46. I groaned and rubbed my eyes with heavy palms. Sitting up slowly I yawned, stretching out my arms as I stood up. The house was deathly quiet, and for a moment I had to remind myself whose house I was in. A grin spread across my face and I slowly walked down the stairs, music sweetly drifted through the air from the kitchen and I myself, felt like I was floating as I peaked around the door.
Billie was lip-syncing to the song from the radio, sliding across the marble floor Risky Business style, as he flipped pancakes on the stove.
I giggled and his head shot up at the sound.
His face wound into a grin, wild hair flopping as he skidded over to me, spatula in hand.
“Morning, how did you sleep?”
“Perfectly.” I chuckled as he gestured for me to sit down on the familiar island.
“Pancakes?” his eyebrow rose.
“Please.” I chuckled as he carefully served them to me.
“Coffee?”
I nodded appreciatively, “Thanks Billie, I didn’t expect this…”
“Bed AND Breakfast at the Armstrong house m’lady”
“How long have you been awake?” I asked as he poured the coffee into a red mug in front of me.
“About two hours, boys have gone to school and I figured I’d make you Breakfast.”
“You didn’t have too, thank you though.” I grinned, no one had ever made me breakfast before. Even if it was only pancakes, they were pancakes made for ME by Billie Joe.
“So what are you planning on doing today?” I asked, forking the food underneath me.
Billie smirked as he sat down opposite, tucking into his own breakfast,
“Well, I was going to show you round the Bay Area, you know, maybe have a trip to Dairy Queen?”
I chuckled, “Marvellous.”
“Oh, yeah, Mike, the tit, met this guy in New York yesterday who is in charge of our label and told him he was having a party and he was welcome to come, so basically party at Mike’s tonight.”
I giggled, “Sounds fun, but why did he tell this important guy that he was having a party?”
“He said it just slipped, Brittany ,his girlfriend, is not happy I can tell ya that.”
“I wouldn’t be, having to organize a party in a matter of hours.”
Billie chuckled, “You have no idea…”
“Am I going to be thoroughly outraged?”
Billie cackled, “Of course you are you’re English.”
I smiled, our eyes meeting in the same fashion as they did in the guest bedroom last night. My stomach plummeted to the floor, Billie’s eyes continued to burn through me.
As his mouth opened to speak, “You know what? I don’t think I’ve kissed you since you have arrived.”
I jumped at his forwardness, a smile threatened to grow in the corners of my mouth, “It’s because you made me eat olive burgers with you yesterday and quite frankly, I don’t think they influence the amorous.”
Billie grinned.
“Do pancakes?”
I couldn’t resist smiling at him, “I suppose they are better than olive burgers…”
I couldn’t tell you the moment when he stood up and attached those lips ferociously against my own, but I practically collapsed against him.
My hands diving for that black mess of hair, his own strong palms holding me so tight I felt an actual part of him.
I pulled away, gasping, running a tongue across my bottom lip and just savouring the taste of him. His palms moved to my cheek, stroking the flushed skin tenderly.
“How I have resisted doing that till now I don’t know.” He sighed as I exhaled a pathetic chuckle.
“It was that food yesterday I’m telling you…” I whispered.
“I’m laying off the olive burgers then…” he chuckled, brushing his nose against mine, as I shut my eyes, savouring this moment and attempting to lock it away in my mind forever.

“So what are you thinking now then?” he asked, lips finding their way to my neck, placing quick, soft kisses that were driving me thoroughly insane and preventing me to think about anything other than getting him naked as quick as possible.
“I’m thinking that laying off the burgers is a very good idea. What are you thinking?” I sighed, my fingers threading through the whisping hairs at his neck.
Billie removed his face from my collarbone and connected that emerald gaze with my eyes.
“I’m thinking how great you look in this light right now.”
I smirked as I reached forwards, taking hold of the hem of his shirt, curling it under my fingers.
“Oh really? No make up and a silly small night dress..?”
Billie nodded slowly as I tugged at the hem softly, causing him to move ever so slightly closer to me.
“It’s especially the dress, I didn’t have a chance to tell you last night but this thing is hot, it threw my game, I couldn’t speak when I knocked on the door I couldn’t say a proper goodnight.”
I giggled, feeling his hot breath pang against my wanting open mouth,
“Maybe you can say a decent good morning instead?”
Billie grinned, his eyes turning dark as he shifted himself between my legs, pressing me back against the island, his palms rested on the marble surface as he practically leaned over me.
“That sounds like a marvellous idea.” He whispered, his open lips moving lower to mine.

My heart sped up to an absurd amount, begging for his lips to just meet mine. He smiled once more against my open mouth before he crashed our lips together with one rushed movement. His hands left the marble surface behind me and clamped around my thighs, thrusting me upwards onto the counter as my arms clutched his hair and neck, holding my balance and bringing him closer to me.
He smelt so good and I moaned as his teeth nibbled delightfully on my bottom lip before thrusting his tongue into my mouth. He was in complete control as I melted underneath his hands that seemed to be everywhere and anywhere in all the right places at all the right times. My legs wrapped around his torso, my whole body begging him to be closer, his warmth and taste and weight and smell turning me on more and more, that feeling churning in the pit of my stomach as my mind tracked to blank animal desire.

He pulled away, catching his breath and he stared at me with wide eyes, his chest heaving, magnificently. My eyes darted over his face, hands still clamped around his neck,
“Billie?” I asked, as he slowly shut his perfect mouth. Was he still not ready for this? As much as I needed him, the last thing I wanted to do was push him too far…
“Billie are you okay? Do you want to stop? Its’ okay if…”
He cut me off as he attacked my mouth once again, he groaned as my hands wandered down the front of his neck, slowly removing his shirt. I pulled away from him, concentrating on the fiddling task at hand as he watched me, hands still running up and down my thighs, softly gripping my lower back in encouragement. I was so relived that he wanted this too that my hands were shaking, not quite believing I was in this situation.
His shirt now removed, I traced my palms down across his strong, muscular tattooed chest, the feeling of his warm, throbbing skin getting me very heated.

“Ava...” he gasped leaning in and kissing me forcefully again before planting soft wet kisses down my neck and across my collarbone. I tilted my head back to give his lips better access as my hands traced down to his waistband of his boxers. But before I could go any further Billie’s hands hand made their way under my night dress and to my panties.
I gasped as his fingers came into contact with the material, the mixture of his wet kisses against my neck and his soft fingers tracing my inner thighs emitted uncontrollable groans from my throat and I felt another hand trace down the back of my dress, the shattering whiz of the zip freeing the fabric from my skin.
His lips met my own gratefully and I moaned his name into his own mouth as both of his hands flew underneath my dress to remove my panties.
Quick to retaliate my hands flew to his now very restricting boxers. Removing them completely on the floor, my hands traced down his throbbing length and he withdrew from my mouth to throw his head back and moan underneath my touch. I couldn’t remove my eyes from his face, tiny droplets of sweat trickled from his hairline, ebbing their way along his closed eyelids and tracing a line down his chiselled, stubbled features.

Suddenly his eyes darted open and he crashed his mouth into mine once more, with one punishing thrust he lifted me slightly from the counter and entered me.
I gasped as he began to slowly tease, thrusting softly and slow building up intense pressure in the pit of my stomach as his skilled tongue entwined with my own.
Soon, I was clutching the counter top for support as his thrusts became punishingly fast and quick, building up and up, the air filling with heavy breathing and gasped incoherent calls of each other’s name. My mind emptied and we both came, collapsing against each other and fighting for breath.
Billie lifted himself from my chest, a wide cheeky grin spreading under his perfect nose,
“Woah.” He gasped as his hands softly wrapped around my waist, gently lifting me down from the counter top.
I giggled as his fingers traced a line down across my forehead to my cheek. I was terrified he may regret that and become a sudden recluse, after everything he has been through…
“Ava...I have a suggestion…”
I tilted my head in confusion,
“…I mean you can see The Bay area perfectly from my bed…”
I chuckled as I laced my hand in his own, “That sounds like an idea…lead the way then…”
He laughed, pulling at my hand and dragging me upstairs.

I sat at the mirror in the guest room, finishing my make-up when the front door slammed.
“DAD! WE’RE HOME!” I smiled to myself as I heard Billie’s footsteps thunder down the stairs to his sons. Thank God we remembered to clear the underwear from the kitchen floor, that could have been a messy argument if Joey had waltzed across the marble floor to be greeted by a pair of boxers and panties.
Spending the day in bed with Billie could possibly be the best way to treat six hours. I had never had an afternoon like that one before; Billie had kind of opened up, I trailed the mascara brush through my eyelashes, recalling the conversation in my mind.

He held me tightly to him, arms so firm that it seemed he was expecting me to run away,
“I…I said I would never meet anyone after Adrienne…”
His voice drifted, and I felt myself pushing my cheek closer into his chest, the breeze outside triggered, sending the curtain apart and letting in a small line of light that highlighted the specs of dust in the air.
“…when she died I was kind of lost, she was everything to me you know, I remember trying to ignore what the doctor’s told me. I couldn’t believe it; I mean how could she be gone? How…?”
My throat twinged as his voice broke, his hands trembling around me, I felt the prick of tears and I closed my eyes, inhaling his smell and tightening my grip around him.
“…and then…the boys…and everything and…I couldn’t think…I…it happened so quickly…that year went so fast, so fast, it…it didn’t register properly. And everyone said, time…as time moves on, you’ll get used to it…but, but I didn’t. I just kind of floated around…”

He went silent, shaking softly next to me, his head dropped and he sniffed hard into my hair. My heart sank to my stomach, he had just crumbled right underneath me and no matter how tight my hold of him was, I still pictured him sinking through my fingertips. He had just literally poured his heart out to me, and here I was, keeping everything from him, I was lying to the man I loved… more than anything…I wanted to tell him.

“I’m sorry Ava…”
I lifted my head up and looked at that exquisite face, lifting my hand and stroking a line from his hairline to his chin. His eyes fluttered at my touch and a small smile crept across his mouth,
“You have nothing to be sorry for, you are this amazing, handsome man and I have no idea how I got so lucky to have met you…”
I smiled, mirroring his own grin, my heart literally splitting into a million pieces and fluttering across my chest, I so badly wanted to tell him, he had opened up to me, I wanted to say something of some significance back to him.
But I couldn’t.
I couldn’t tell him.
I was such a coward.
He leaned forwards and kissed me, the fire from his lips burning away all my thoughts and knocking me senseless.
Billie lunged forwards and I screamed as I went flying backwards, tumbling from the bed with him on top of me, giggling furiously.

I jumped from my thoughts as a knock erupted on the door and he came into view.
“You look gorgeous… what are smiling about?”
I stood up shrugging, fluffing out my 50s red dress and pulling on my black heels,
“Oh nothing, just this afternoon.”
Billie chuckled, “I’m glad you enjoyed your tour of my bedroom.”
“I did, except I think I have a few bruises.”
Billie laughed as he leaned against the door, black shirt and trousers contrasting with his red bow tie.
“You look so handsome.” I beamed walking forwards and flicking away the long black hair that was blocking my view of his dazzling green eyes.
“How are Joe and Jake?”
He shrugged, “better then yesterday, it’s probably because the girl down the road, Chris is coming to baby sit and I think Joe is crushing on her…”
I smiled, “That’s really cute.”
“He’s never too old to be baby sat by Chris from down the road.” Billie wiggled his eyebrows and I laughed as he took hold of my hand.
“Ready?”
“Ready” I sighed as he led me out of the room and down the stairs.
“Boys! OI!”
Billie’s sudden bellowing voice made me jump as his sons plodded from the kitchen; Joey’s eyes scanned me harshly once again.
“We are leaving, Chris will be round in a bit so be good and don’t mess anything up okay?”
They nodded and we both turned to the front door.
“Ava!”
Both mine and Billie’s heads snapped backwards at Joe who suddenly flushed,
“You…you look nice…”
I smiled at him, his obvious, yet small amount of effort made me feel so much better,
“Thanks Joseph…have fun…bye…bye Jake.”
I stuttered quite shocked at his words, I turned and began following Billie out of the door, who, quite comically, lifted his free hand and pointed two fingers at his eyes then at his sons, mimicking an “I’m watching you” gesture.
I giggled as we slid into the car and Billie started the engine, taking us down the road,
“Where did that come from?” I asked, still trying to take in what Joe had said.
“I don’t know, maybe he just realises what an asshole he was being.”
I shook my head, “Billie, I don’t think it’s appropriate to call your 13 year old son an ‘asshole,’ really… good father or not”
The man to my left chuckled over the steering wheel, “You think I’m a good father? That’s kinda hot.”
I flushed, “Yeah, I like that side of you.”
Billie smiled, “Really?”
“Yeah it’s…sweet and well…yeah, quite sexy too.”
Billie raised his eyebrows,
“Seriously? Well then I see Joe and Jake have their uses, assholes or not.”
I chuckled as he turned on the radio.
I glanced out onto the road, ignited to a purple dim under the streetlamps. Billie was singing softly to the radio and as his voice floated through my ears I leaned back into the leather seat underneath me. I don’t think I have ever felt this content before.
I was quite excited to be going to this party, I wasn’t sure what to expect…but that was something normal in being around Billie Joe.
Everything seemed to be spontaneous and colourful…
I loved it.