Can't Get Over You, Can't Get Through to You

White Wedding

Brian's POV

"Mari, please, put this dress on," Nikki called as she chased Mariemaia around the house.

I smiled as I adjusted my tie, watching this whole scene via the mirror. There was Nikki, running around in her bride's maid dress, chasing after Mariemaia who was wearing a pair of jeans and shorts. It was funny because Nikki had to make sure she didn't step on the dress and she holding it so that she wouldn't step on it. On the other hand, Mari kept running off, screaming that she didn't want to wear the dress. The dogs just laid on the couches, watching the whole thing and staying out of the way.

"Hey, you," I said, grabbing Mariemaia and picking her up, "You need to put the dress on. We're going to a wedding!"

"I don't want to wear the dress, Daddy," Mari pouted.

"You need to, Mari. You're the flower girl," Nikki said, fixing her hair.

Mari just pouted as she finally gave in. Nikki got her and carried her into her room she that she could change out of her clothes. I just laughed as I grabbed my fedora and picked the keys.

I drove the Hummer to the Atruskia. Nikki was wearing heels and she didn't like driving in them. Mariemaia sat in the back, absolutely pissed with wearing a dress. To make her feel better, I decided that after the wedding, we all would go to Huntington Beach. I think it would be nice if Mari saw were I lived and where she'll be spending some of her life. I also thought it would be great if Nikki finally came back. I told her that I had bought my own place and everything. She just said that we now had to decorate one of the rooms for Mari. I was all for it. Anything for my daughter.

"Daddy, why do we have to dress up," Mari asked as I pulled into the Atruskia.

"Because, Aunt Tash and Uncle Jimmy are getting married," I explained.

"Are you and Mama married?"

"Not yet, Mari, but we will be," I said, glancing at Nikki who was smiling.

Mari just nodded as I helped her out of her car seat. She looked around and saw that everything was decorated. Nikki surveyed the area and simply said, "I should have done that."

"It looks pretty, Mama," Mari said, holding onto her hand.

"If you say so, sweet pea," Nikki smiled.

She looked at me and said, "Okay, I'm going to go meet up with the girls and Mari's coming with me, alright."

I pouted as Mari gave me a hug and Nikki gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Fine."

Nikki's POV

"I'm going to fall," Tash said as we helped her put on her dress, "I'm going to fall."

"No you are not," Val said, "Its your special day and nothing is going to go wrong."

I was on the phone with the kitchen, seeing how the food was coming along. The only problem was someone accidentally burned his hat but otherwise everything was going good. I think it was because they were scared that I'd skin them alive if something went wrong. Sad thing is that I probably would. This was Tash's wedding and she deserved to have it done perfectly.

Liz laughed when I told her what happened. "Damn, and I was just there. I so would have liked to see that."

"I know," I said, "And Tash, breathe! I don't think Jimmy would like it if you died right before you two got married!"

Tash bit her lower lip, fanning herself with her hand, as Val finished with her hair. "There, you look beautiful," Val said smiling.

"Okay," Leane said, standing up, "Let's go get downstairs so that Tash will be Mrs. James Sullivan!"

"Nikki, what does she look like," Jimmy asked as we all lined up.

"She's beautiful," I answered, standing next to Brian, "But she keeps thinking that she's going to fall."

"Who's walking her down the aisle," Brian asked.

"She asked Criss to do that because he's like a brother to the both of us."

"So when you and Brian get married," Matt said as he joined our little group, "Who's going to walk you down the aisle?"

"The only father figure I have," I replied, "I'll ask Hunter to give me away."

Jimmy's jaw dropped as Tash started walking down the aisle with Criss. She just smiled as she and Criss walked down. I bit my lower lip as my cousin smiled, realizing that this was the woman he was going to spending the rest of his life with.

I looked at Brian and he was smiling at me. Both of us knew that soon, it would be our turn to walk down the aisle and get married. We were going to be that family that all of us wanted, especially Mariemaia, and live our the rest of our lives like that. Just one thing he wanted though: Brian wanted more kids. He said that he wasn't happen that he missed out on watching Mari grow up to where she was now so he wanted another chance. I was more than happy to agree to that because I hated being an only child.

"You may now kiss the bride," the priest said.

Everyone cheered as Jimmy kissed Tash, making it official that they were now married. I was so happy for them. There was my best friend and terror twin, TashHarper Sullivan, who has gone through Hell and back with me and now is finally getting that happiness that she deserved. And then there was Jimmy, my cousin and friend, who was a crazy shit and now had the girl of his dreams.

I couldn't be happier for the two of them.

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I present," Criss said, as we all got settled in the ballroom, "For the first time, Mr. and Mrs. James Sullivan!"

More cheers came as Jimmy and Tash walked in. Brian wrapped his arm around my waist as they took a seat at the table. He kissed my forehead and said, "And to think that soon, its going to be you and me getting married."

I smiled as Mariemaia climbed onto his lap. She honestly loves her daddy and it makes me smile seeing how happy she is with Brian around. And now that we're going to Huntington for a bit, Mari's become excited and anxious. A sigh escaped as I thought of that upcoming trip. I haven't been in Huntington in five years and that's going to be the place that I get married.

"They look happy," I said as I watched Tash and Jimmy take their first dance as husband and wife.

"They're perfect for each other," Brian simply said.

Their dance was over and we were now eating. Mariemaia was sitting with us and poking her steak. "Daddy, I can't finish it."

"Alright, you don't have to finish it," Brian said, sipping his wine.

A loud squeal came and everyone looked to see Val hugging Matt as he held a small box in his hands. "Aw," Zacky called, "Val and Matt are finally getting married!"

"About fucking time," Brian said.

Mariemaia looked at him and hit him on the arm. "Daddy, you said a bad word!"

Brian just smiled and said, "I know I did but its high time that Val and Matt got married."

I nodded as I raised my glass towards them. "I agree."
♠ ♠ ♠
Tash's Wedding Dress

Bride's maid's dresses

Maid of Honor dress

Flower Girl dress

everything else, I leave up to you all.

So now all we need is for Nikki and Brian to get married and life will be great