‹ Prequel: So Kiss Me Goodbye

You and Me, Forever Young

Chapter 10

"So I like the raspberry sponge cake, but this vanilla strawberry one is simply divine." Shelby's sister Sarah stated, patting her mouth daintily with her napkin.

She looked over in vain at me and Jamie for our opinions as we were reenacting cutting the cake at our weddings.

Smashing the cake in each others faces was just the bonus.

"Ladies? Shelby sent us here to get our opinions for cakes since she couldn't. A cake is the foundation of the entire reception. One simple mistake and it can all go wrong. Do you want to pick a bad cake and ruin the entire wedding?" Sarah sniffed airily.

I started cracking up. "As long as there's icing no one will really care. I mean, have you even met the groomsmen?"

"Or any other man?" Jamie muttered, causing us both to crack up.

"You know I really don't appreciate your immaturity." She said icily. "I came here to help my sister and here you are joking and laughing. You're the ones that are married, you should be the most understanding. How would you feel if your friends were acting like you?"

I really was trying hard not to laugh. "They probably were, I had a bunch of guys plan mine. I just kinda showed up and it was like 'by the way this is your wedding."

Jamie cut in with a laugh. "I'm not much better, mine was shotgun."

I suppose I should explain...

The wedding was almost a month away and Shelby and Ryan had to go find a venue while they sent Jamie, Sarah, and me to go cake testing on the promise we brought back samples.

It didn’t help we went wine tasting before this.

Jamie and I would've gotten this done sooner but Shelby, after being nagged by her mother, sent Sarah along with us.

No one was happy about that.

Ever since Sarah arrived she had been uptight and pompous toward all of us, I assumed because she was single in her thirties and we were the twenty something's getting married and having kids like rabbits.

Or maybe because she was a Nazi wedding planner in real life.

I had known Shelby was the black sheep of her family like Miranda from Sex in the City, but I never realized how much till I met her sister.

While Jamie began going on about how ridiculous Sarah was being, I pulled out my cell phone and texted Shelby.

Ur sisters crazy. We're plotting her death. Save us?

She replied a moment later.

Grab the cake, meet me at my place. Don't look back, just RUN.

I laughed and grabbed my purse.

"Hey Will and Mike got into the catnip so we have to go home while it's still there. We'll go drop these off at Shelby's." I rushed, dragging Jamie up with me as we grabbed as many cakes as we could, and a wine bottle we smuggled out.

"But we haven't even decided on the icing!" Sarah called after us.

Jamie stopped for a moment but I kept tugging her with me.

"No it's a trap! We have strict orders from the general to bring the food and booze and not turn back."

Jamie and I both escaped to her awaiting car and headed to Shelby's.

-x-x-x-

Later that night I felt myself being carried, feeling the cool night air prickle my skin.

It took me a moment before I recognized the feel of the arms holding me and the smell of the body wash.

"Will?"

He didn’t stop walking up the complex steps but glanced down at me.

"You're finally awake."

I nodded, snuggling into his chest. "Did I fall asleep at Shelby's?"

"Yeah, you and Jamie. OD'd on cake and champagne apparently." Will grinned.

I laughed. "I was living the high life."

He still held me bridal style as we got into the elevator.

"Hey Will, whose watching Zackie?"

The elevator started moving up, a weird sensation when you're being held in the air and not on the ground.

"Madi came by after school cause she needed someone to talk to but you weren’t here. I left her to baby-sit while I went to get you."

We got off on our floor and I looked up at Will. "That cool, you said she needed someone to talk to. Did you talk to her?"

Will smiled. "Of course I did, she's my sister in law, and to be honest it looked like she had been crying."

I sighed. "Sisky."

Will mirrored my actions and stopped a few feet from our door so we wouldn’t be overheard.

"I think we need to try and stay out of it. I know she's your sister and Sisky is my band mate, but break-ups are messy enough. We don’t need to get in the middle of it and make things worse."

I nodded tiredly, knowing he had a point as he set me on the ground and got out the keys.

"She's a strong girl Lilly, she'll get over this Sisky thing sooner than you think." Will murmured, kissing my cheek.

As we walked in and saw Madi asleep on the couch, curled up with Zackie I knew what Will said meant more than he thought it did.

Even though she was my little sister she was also an adult and I needed to back off and let her make her own mistakes and fix them on her own.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah I'm kinda sucking at these updates...
I finished thirteen and once I finish fourteen I'll be on twenty and on my way to finishing this.
Whoo hoo?
Well anyway, Julie did it again and sent me Rumored Nights by TAI.
It is hands down my favorite song by them so far.
So enjoy the crappy update, I'm gonna go read the rest of New Moon again cause I'm feeling shitty and like nothing more than a depressing story to read.
Oh and listening to Rumored Nights, it helps.