Silence Is a Scary Sound

PRESENTS! OMFG!

I cannot get over how amazing this is going! Sam and I talked for a good hour about my life and funny little things about Dougie when he was a baby. This is always why I loved to meet mothers, because they tell you things that the guys normally wouldn’t. Jazzie is one heck of a girl, I’ll tell you that! She’s crazy! But she reminds me a lot of my sister (except a lot less annoying).
So now we’re all sitting in the Judd’s living room, singing Christmas carols and drinking eggnog. Emma’s to my left sitting in an armchair and on Harry’s lap, Olivia and Danny are sitting next to each other on the floor, and Tom’s sitting on the couch, next to Dougie and I, with his arm around Gi.
“Alright, is that all?” Mr. Judd asked the room.
“I think so.” Harry’s older brother, Mark, said.
“Well, since we’re done, do you think I could give you your present now?” Dougie whispered in my ear.
“Yes!” I smiled. “I love getting presents on Christmas Eve!”
“Me too!” Dougie said in a high-pitched voice.
“Shut up.” I laughed and lightly hit him on his arm.
“Let’s go in the basement.” He said and picked up a box from under the tree.
“The basement?” I asked, my eyebrows raised.
“It’s a finished basement you goof.” Dougie smiled and kissed me on the forehead.
“Alright.” I giggled and grabbed his box from under the tree and followed him down a flight of carpeted steps.
“It took me a while to find something for you.” Dougie smiled as we sat down on the couch in the huge basement, which had a big TV, XBOX, Wii, and pinball machines.
“You know you didn’t need to get me anything.” I said. “You’re enough of a gift for me.”
“Ditto. But none the less, I wanted to get you something.”
“Let me get comfy first.” I said and I moved.
We were sitting upright, his legs spread, and me laying between them with my back agaisnt his chest. One of the most comfortable positons ever. I could smell his Axe and it was making me a little crazy.
“Here.” Dougie said and he placed a box in my lap.
I opened it to see his green Hurley hoodie that I loved and was always stealing it from him.
“I thought that you might as well just have it.” Dougie chuckled. “You’re always stealing it anyway.”
“You are so amazingly sweet.” I smiled and kissed his jaw.
“I try.” He smiled. “Look in the pocket.”
The left pocket had something in it. I smiled at him and pulled out a small box wrapped in blue wrapping paper. Gentley I tore off the wrapping paper, opened the box, and gasped.
“You like it?” He asked.
“Dougie, I love it!” I said and a huge smile broke out across my face.
It was the most beautiful necklace I had ever seen in my life. It was a circle pendent with a swirly design on the circle and obviously gold.
I let out a sigh, “Dougie, it’s beautiful!”
Image
“Oh, I’m so glad you like it, Celine!” Dougie smiled. “Although, I have to admit, I have mad gifting skills.”
“Yes, sir, you do!” I laughed. “Can you put it on me?”
“Of coarse, m’lady.” Dougie said and put the necklace around my neck. “Now it looks even more beautiful.” He smiled.
“You are so sweet.” I smiled and kissed him. “Okay, my turn!” I said when Dougie and I broke away from our kiss.
“Alrighty.” Dougie smiled as I gave him his present.
“Go on, open it.” I said nervously.
He slowly ripped off the gold wrapping paper around the rectangular box.
It was a pick. But it wasn't just any random pick. Emma has been in contact with Tom DeLonge lately. So I was able to get in contact with him and he agreed to give me the pick that he used in the last Blink 182 concert, for only $300.
Once I had gotten it then I went to an engraver and got our names engraved on the it with a little random design Dougie had drawn on my arm a couple months ago when we stayed in bed and watched really stupid sitcoms together. I had taken a picture of and saved it. So only Dougie would know the significance of the little drawing. Then I had a hole put through it and I put the pick on a fine chain.
“How, how did you get this!” Dougie said with a shocked expression.
“Emma knows Tom DeLounge.”
“Of coarse she does.” He said then a huge smile broke out across his face.
“You like it?” I asked nervously.
“Babe, I love it.” He said and kissed me softly on the lips, it quickly became heavier and I was trying to get ontop of him when he pulled his lips from mine.
“I have a feeling that we should go back downstairs.” He panted slightly.
“Why?” I moaned, wanting more kissing.
“Because just before we left to open presents, Emma and Harry left to open presents.”
“So…?”
“Oh, you’ll see.” Dougie said with a smug smile that made me curious.
“Tell me! What’s going on?!” I whined.
“Don’t whine.” Dougie laughed, took me by the hand, and we went downstairs.

“I want to give you my present now.” I said into Harry’s ear while we sat on the couch in Harry’s parent’s living room.
“It’s not Christmas yet, Em.” Harry said with a crocked smile.
“I don’t care.” I smiled.
“Alright. Let’s go.” Harry said and grabbed a present from under the tree.
I got mine and followed him upstairs and into his old bedroom.
“I wanna go first.” I said as I sat down crossed legged on his bed.
“Okay. Gimme.” Harry said.
I laughed and said, “Alright,” and I handed him a box.
He opened the little red box and he just stared inside.
“Do you like it?” I asked nervously bitting my lip.
Harry lifted the dog tag out of the box and examined it closely. Suddenly a brilliant smile broke out across his face.
It was a silver dog tag on a simple silver chain. But if you looked at it closely you would see our names written on it and the date that we met in the diner. It was personal and those are always the best gifts.
“I love it, Em.” He smiled and put it over his head.
“Really?” I said.
“Really.” He said still smiling. “You really are amazing.”
With that he kissed me, sending little shivers up and down my spine. He slowly deepened it and I ran my finger through his hair.
“Not so fast,” Harry said pulling away. “You still need to open mine.”
He lay a little blue box in my hand. I smiled up at him.
“Go on, open it.” Harry smiled.
I bit my lip and ripped the wrapping paper off. It was a box.
A little black ring box.
A ring box.
Oh my God.
Am I ready?
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun-dun-dun!! What will Emma say? Will she turn poor Harry down because she's not ready to be married??!?!? Who knows? I do! ;)
Comments!
Peace&Love
E.