Status: On A Break!

Don't Make This Easy. I Want You to Mean It.

Was I Suposed To Break Up With Him? Oops.

I knocked on the door of Jason's house, suddenly feeling nervous. I was fine the whole way over, but the Alex buzz was beginning to wear off with time and distance, and the inevitable dread of breaking up was beginning to sink in. After a few seconds I was beginning to doubt the decision and had begun to convince myself that they weren't home. Just as I was about to turn around and leave, the door opened.

"Oh hi, Jasey," Jason's mom greeted, cheerfully.

"Hi," I attempted to return the happy greeting.

I had only met Jason's mom once, but she was incredibly nice, and was therefor making this whole thing harder for me.

"Um, is Jason home?" I asked, awkwardly.

"Of course, sweetie. He's up in his room. You can just head on up, I'm sure he'll be thrilled to see you."

I nodded and made my way to the stairs. I walked slowly up the stairs and down the hall to Jason's room. I paused outside his door and took a deep breath.

This is what you want. It's the only way to be with Alex.

I opened the door and poked my head inside.

"Jasey!" Jason proclaimed, happily as I entered the room, "I'm so glad you're here."

He came over and enveloped me in a hug. I smiled, weakly, and hugged him back.

"I'm sorry about freaking out earlier. I was upset, and didn't know what to do."

I nodded, "It's okay. I mean, it was a reasonable reaction considering you walked in on your girlfriend kissing another guy."

He winced, "I know, Jasey, but I kinda....did the same thing."

I just sat there, a confused look plastered on my face.

"But it was much less passionate than that. You know that girl from the ice cream shop." I nodded.

"Your ex-girlfriend?"

"Yeah, well, I was really pissed at you after I left your house. So I went back to the ice cream parlor. I wanted someone to talk to. It turned out she was getting off work so we went for a walk, and she told me she wanted me back and kissed me. I only kissed back for a second before I realized what I was doing, and pushed her away."

I nodded, it wasn't as bad as what I did.

"And I got you something," Jason said, quickly, turning around to go look for whatever it was.

"You didn't have to do that," I said, beginning to feel guilty about dumping him for another guy.

"I wanted to," He said, turning to face me again.

Jason held out a box for me to open. I took it and opened it, hesitantly. I gasped as I looked at the bracelet. It was a beautiful white gold bracelet with my name engraved in the top.

"Wow, Jason, I love it," I said, practically speechless.

He beamed at me and pulled me into a short kiss.

"So why'd you some over?" Jason asked, once we broke apart.

"I, um...I just wanted to make sure we were okay," I lied.

He smiled and gave me a hug, "We're more than okay. You're the best, Jasey."

I smiled, weakly, and pulled away.

"I uh....I have to go now. I just stopped by really quick before my...appointment."

Jason nodded and kissed me again. I walked quickly out of his house before breaking into a run once I had cleared his driveway. I ran until I reached my house. Pausing as I saw Alex come across the street to greet me.

Shit.

"So how'd it go?" Alex asked, happily.

"Great," I lied, "he took it really well. But I think we should keep us a secret for a little while. I don't want to hurt him any more than I have to."

Alex nodded, "But not for too long, okay?"

I smiled, "Sure, only for a couple weeks so he can get used to the idea of being alone. Then we tell everyone."

I smiled as Alex hugged me, "Well, I have to get inside. My parents are probably wondering where I've been all day. See you tomorrow?"

Alex nodded, and I walked into my house, shutting the door and locking it behind me. I rested my back against the door and took a deep breath.

What have I gotten myself into?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it was really short, but I have a little bit of writer's block.
Besides, I got no comments on the last one.
I want at least ten, or no update.