Give Me Vengeance

Chapter 20

“Kaydence!” someone yelled, tackling me to the ground. The air whooshed from my lungs, and my eyes went wide. I saw Matt lying on top of me, grinning like an idiot.

“Matt!” I groaned, shoving him off me, or, at least, trying to. I wasn’t having much success because Matt is about 3 times my tiny size, and I wasn’t very strong. He was laughing his ass off, and so were the rest of the guys. I glared at them.

“Will someone please help me?” I demanded finally.

“Sorry, we’re having to much fun with this whole situation” Zack chortled, making me pout.

“Some boyfriend you are”

His eyes grew wide with shock at the sound of hurt in my voice, and he looked guilty.

“Kay, I’m sorry!” he rushed over and pushed Matt off me. He helped me up and crushed me into a hug, making me gasp.

“I’m sorry babe!” he whispered, kissing my hair.

“I would say I forgive you, but I can’t breathe,” I said, but it came out in a strangled whisper. He laughed in relief and let me go, and the amount of air that rushed into my lungs was almost painful. I sat on the couch next to Craig, who looked very uncomfortable and out of place. I slung my arm around his shoulder and smiled when he looked at me.

“Are you okay?”

He smiled a little. “I’m fine”

“Are you suure?”

“It’s just I don’t really know anyone here except my band”

“Well, get up and get to know people!”

“That’s uh, not really my style”

“Looks like you need a new style then”

“Um, okay”

“Come on, get up and I’ll introduce you to Zack and Matt”

“Okay” he smiled hesitantly.

He followed me to where Zack and Matt were talking and jumped on Matt’s back.

“Matty!” I squealed

He shook with laughter. “Hello Kaydence. What can I do for you?”

“Well, I want you to meet the new singer of Escape The Fate. His name is Craig”

“Hey man what’s up?” Matt asked, and I knew they were going to get along just fine. I got off Matt’s back and went to find Max. He was in Zack’s backyard, smoking a cigarette. He smiled when he saw me and beckoned me to stand next to him. He put the cigarette out and gave me a one sided hug.

“So, how have you been?”

“Pretty good. I have to go back to work tomorrow, but other than that, its been good. The guys and me resolved everything that happened, and I’ve forgiven Zack for what he did”

“That’s good. I remember what you were like when he first broke up with you, and I’m glad that you’re not hurting anymore”

“I remember too, and I’m also glad I’m not like that anymore”

“He ruined you Kay” he was serious, and I looked at him.

“What?”

“I remember what you were like, the way you acted when he left. I remember you barely talked, didn’t go anywhere unless you had to. I’ve never fully forgiven him for it”

“Max, you can’t hold a grudge against him when I don’t anymore”

“Yes I can! He hurt you!”

“Max, what’s going on?”

“Exactly that. Seeing him again reminded me of what he did to you. I can’t forgive that”

“It’s been 8 years” I said quietly.

“He destroyed you,” he shouted.

I looked at him with new eyes, and remembered what he was like when he was withdrawing from cocaine. The angry outburts, irratibilty, mood swings…my eyes grew wide, angry.

“Max, how could you?” I whispered He looked at me, through narrowed eyes.

“How could I what?”

“Go back to doing crack!” I shouted in his face.

He stopped, looking at me like I was crazy.

“What?”

“You know what I mean. I know what you’re like when you’re withdrawing, and I won’t do it again. I won’t deal with it again”

“I…”
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no idea why i had Max be on cocaine again...*shrugs*