Give Me Vengeance

Chapter 28

I sat at my desk, my fingers tapping impatiently on my desk as I waited for the last band to get out of the studio so I could go home. Max never showed up with Luxie and that was also starting to piss me off. How was I going to take care of her when I didn’t see her? I pleaded with my boss about getting Luxie a job and then she didn’t show. Needless to say that didn’t make me look to good and pissed my boss off. The door to the studio opened and the band walked out, smiling and laughing. I had no idea who they were, but they’re sound was good and they obviously had some fans. I waved goodbye and smiled, silently cheering that the day was over and I could see Zack again. The door to the office opened and Max walked in followed by an awe struck Luxie. They smiled when they saw me.

“Sorry we’re late” Max grinned sheepishly.

“Yeah, well, come back tomorrow so I can get Luxie a job”

Her face lit up. “You’re getting me a job?”

“Yep. Unless you want to leave”

Max looked at her, eyes wide, and we both waited for an answer. I hadn’t known Luxie for very long, but she was already one of us and it was going to suck if she went home.

“Of course I want to stay here” she smiled at both of us.

Max hugged her and whispered something in her ear that made her giggle and smile. I rolled my eyes and logged out of my computer and gathered my stuff. I grabbed my car keys and they followed me to my car. Luxie whispered something to Max and he nodded and walked to his car, leaving Luxie with me.

“Can I ride with you?”

“Sure”

“There’s something I want to talk to you about”

“Okay” I unlocked the car and started it and turned down the radio. Luxie looked at me nervously and clasped her hands in her lap.

“Is it true Max is going to rehab?”

I sighed and pulled over. “Yes. What all did he tell you?”

“That he’s addicted to crack and you’re sending him to rehab”

“Yes, it’s true. He needs help”

“I know he does. I want to know what I can do to help him”

“Well, stay with him for one thing. Watch him and make sure he doesn’t fall into any old habits that will hurt him”

“Is that all?”

“For now yes. When he gets to rehab visit him every day”

She looked at me determinedly. “Okay”
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENTS=LOVE

xXalyssaXx