‹ Prequel: The Wrong Jonas
Sequel: Something Better

School Comes First But Where's A Future Without Him

Chapter 29

"Oh my God, yeah I remember that!" Kristen said. We were reminiscing back on old memories of us. Not as kids, because we didn't know each other then, but from about a year ago. When the boys were just getting popular.

Kristen, Rachel, and I laughed. We were sitting on Rachel's hospital bed while Joe and Kevin were talking.

Just then a doctor came in, specifically my doctor. I don't know why he's in here though...

He looked at me. "Ah, Alyssa there you are. I'm very sorry to intrude on this little moment here, but you really should get back to your own bed. I don't know what the reaction would be if you were to stay away from your machine for a while. Especially with the baby and everything. Just follow me."

Oh shit. I still didn't tell them about the baby. Only Joe and I know. His parents don't even know we're sexually active!

I looked back at Rachel and Kristen while my doctor helped me off the bed. Both of their eyes were wide. I could see Rachel's eyes start to look glossy. Damn it! Now she's going to be all upset because I'm having a baby and she's not. I'm such a great friend!

Joe went with us.

Once we got to the room, the doctor hooked up all the IV needles back on me. God, this was so painful. Then he checked my heart rate and everything else he needed and left. Joe came over and sat on the chair next to my bed.

"We're in for an earful now, aren't we?" He asked, not looking at me. I sighed and said, "Yup."

There was a long, uncomfortable silence. I don't know why, but something felt out of place. Maybe it was the fact that everyone knows I'm pregnant and I didn't even tell them! Ugh...

Wait a minute. I think I know something that can make it better. I turned to Joe. "Joey?" I asked in a sweet voice.

"Yeah?" He asked, still not looking at me. This made me more uncomfortable.

"Can you go get Kevin for me?" Finally he looked at me.

"Why?" Mm... he looks so cute when he furrows his eyebrows together.

"Just go get him. I need to ask him something. Please?" I didn't need to pout because I knew Joe was going to do it anyways. He was the only one in the room who wasn't hooked up to a machine. Lucky... These things are really starting to bother me.

He heaved a dramatic sigh. "Alright. Be right back." Then he left to go find Kevin.

I was going to sing the song to him. That damn song that I forgot to sing to him before I went to college. (You know, the song at the very first chapter of the story?) I still can't believe that I forgot to sing it to him. Well, I was really sick. And with all the buzzing around with packing and everything. I guess it just slipped my mind.

While I was mentally smacking myself for forgetting about the song, Joe and Kevin entered the room.

Oh, and I'm guessing you're wondering why I had to bring Kevin into this when he has absolutely nothing at all to do with this. The thing is, he always keeps a guitar in the back of his jeep. Don't ask why, I know it's really weird, but I needed the guitar in order to sing the song. I could have waited until later, but knowing that I will probably forget about it and I really wanted to brighten the moment and I'll probably be stuck here for a while, I wanted to give it to him right now.

"Hey. What do you need?" Kevin shoved his hands in his pockets. A habit of his.

"You know that guitar you always have with you?"

He put on a confused face. "Yeah?" It was more like a question rather than answer.

"Do you think you can get it for me? I really need it right now."

"Why?" Ugh... what was up with all the 'why's today?!

Well, my hormones are probably just off the charts.

"I just need it. Please?" I didn't pout at Kevin either. Now that he knows I'm pregnant, he should know to never get me angry.

"Fine. Be right back." He left and Joe came and sat in the chair next to my bed.

"So why did you need the guitar anyway?" Again with the why !!!

Instead of blowing my head off at him, I just smirked. "You'll see." I said. He turned away and stared at the blank TV that was on the wall. Something was bothering him, I know it. But it can't be about the whole baby thing. I mean, they'll get over it. We'll just tell them later when the whole family is together that we wanted to tell them ourselves and when it was the right time. Stupid doctors!! They always ruin everything!!

Another uncomfortable silence followed until Kevin came back with his guitar. "Here it is. Please don't break it." Bastard.

"Kevin, I'm not going to break your precious guitar. Now go away. This is private." He gave me a weird look before walking out of the room and down the hall. I sat up in bed and started strumming a few chords. Joe still wasn't looking at me. I resisted the urge to bite his head off.

"Joe?"

He turned to me. "What?" Ha ha. For a second there I thought he was going to say 'why.'

"Um... I know this isn't the best time, but I wrote a song for you. It was actually written a while ago, and I meant to sing it to you right before I left for college, but I forgot. So, here it is." Joe fully turned his attention towards me now. He turned his chair so that it was facing me and he looked at me.

I strummed a few chords before singing:

"I, I can see it in your eyes
Taste it in our first kiss
Stranger in this lonely town
Save me from my emptiness

You took my hand
You told me it would be okay
I trusted you to hold my heart
Now fate is pulling me away
From you

Even if I leave you now
And it breaks my heart
Even if I'm not around
I won't give in
I can't give up
On this love

You've become a piece of me
Makes me sick to even think
Of mornings waking up alone
Searching for you in my sheets
Don't fade away

Even if I leave you now
And it breaks my heart
Even if I'm not around
I won't give in
I can't give up
On this love

I can't just close the door (On this love)
I never felt anything like this before (Like this love)
Tell me the truth
No matter what we're going through
Will you hold on too 'cause

Even if I leave you now
And it breaks my heart
Even if I'm not around
I won't give in
I can't give up
On this love

Even if I leave you now
And it breaks my heart
Even if I'm not around
I won't give in
I can't give up

I won't give in
I can't give up
On this love"

I stopped strumming the guitar and looked at Joe. Wait, did he have tears in his eyes?

He was looking at me like I never saw him before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another chapter!!
Yeah, I told you I wouldn't be able to update last night.
Ha, it's funny. I was talking to my friends last night and they love this story, so their all like, "YOU HAVE TO UPDATE! PLEASE!!"
I was laughing my head off, but then my mom told me to get off the computer. I was so mad.
Yeah, I'm grounded from the computer... but only at night. So don't worry. Ahaha.

And sorry for this really long A/N. Just wanted to let you guys know that I can't really update at night anymore. So I'll try as best I can to update in the daytime.
Comments! Banners!

:)