‹ Prequel: The Wrong Jonas
Sequel: Something Better

School Comes First But Where's A Future Without Him

Chapter 30

Joe just kept staring at me with water about to flow down his cheeks. Why is he about to cry? Is he that upset about something? Did my song make it worse for him?

"That was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me." Yeah Joe, I love you too. But aren't guys supposed to have like, a crying phobia or something? They never cry unless someone dies. Then their phobia magically disappears.

"I'm glad you liked it. Sorry I didn't sing it to you earlier though. I'm such a dope!" I put the guitar down on the bed and smacked myself in the head. (Hey, that rhymed!!)

Joe stopped me from repeating myself. "Hey, don't do that! Really, I don't care. It was really sweet of you to do that in the first place. So thank you." I looked at his face and the tears had gone away. Okay, so at least I know he's not just pmsing now.

"No problem." I smiled at him. He was halfway into smiling, then stopped and he had a look of realization on his face. My smile disappeared and I gave him a worried look.

"Joe is everything okay? Ever since we came back from Rachel's room you've been in your own little world. Want to tell me what's wrong?" He glanced down at his hands then intertwined both of them with mine.

"I don't know if I should tell you this, but you are the mother of my child. So... if Kristen tells you anything just pretend you didn't already hear it from me. Promise?" He asked, looking into my eyes again.

"Of course."

He took a deep breath before speaking. "Well... the reason why Kevin and Kristen were late coming here, was because... because her parents just got a divorce. And she's not taking it too well."

My eyes widened. Why hadn't she told us this earlier?! Rachel and I would have understood. We're not that bad of friends, are we? "Oh my God, I feel so bad for her. So Kevin told you this?"

"Yeah. He said she doesn't like to talk about it. Even around him. So maybe that's why she hasn't told you guys yet." That makes sense. She probably just needs time to think about it before everyone starts bombarding her with 'I'm so sorry' and 'If you need anything, we're here for you.' Poor girl probably doesn't even want to think about it.

I just mumbled something that I didn't even understand. Joe scrunched his eyebrows together. "What?" He asked.

"Nothing."

There was a long pause after that. But not an uncomfortable one. This time, we both knew what was going on and didn't need to take the issue any further.

Joe climbed into the bed and I scooted over to give him room. He brought one arm around me and I snuggled into his chest. His breath on my head made me relax. Then his voice broke me out of my trance.

"Thank you again for the song. It really meant a lot to me." I smiled with my eyes closed.

"You're welcome."

"But you know, I still have a better voice."

I gasped playfully. "That's not very nice." I whined, my eyes still closed.

"Suck it up."

I opened my eyes and glared up at him. "You're not the one who has to carry around a big fat stomach for about seven months. I would stop talking if I were you." I pretended to be mad with him and turned to the other side.

"No baby I'm sorry. I didn't mean that. You know me, I was just joking around. I'm sorry." He kissed my cheek.

"You're on my list Adam."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, this was just a filler. I wanted to just get the main problem out there. The last part was just out of pure boredom. Ha ha.
Oh my God!! You guys are so awesome with all the comments I'm getting!!
Comments: 160
Readers: 354
Subscribers: 115
Thank you guys again so much!! More comments and subscribers make me happy! And when I'm happy I update!!
P.S. 30 CHAPTERS!!!!
:)