‹ Prequel: The Wrong Jonas
Sequel: Something Better

School Comes First But Where's A Future Without Him

Chapter 33

Kristen’s P.O.V.

“Bye! I’m glad you’re feeling better.” Rachel said to me as I got out of the car.

Before I closed the door, I said, “Bye! Thanks again.” Once I closed the door, she drove off. Yeah, she drove me to Starbucks because… well… I wasn’t really in good shape to be driving. She was nice enough to take me there.

I put the keys in the little whole and turned. I walked in my front door then closed it behind me. I waited a little while before heading up to my room. Hopefully my parents didn’t wake up. Even if they were awake, they probably wouldn’t hear me come in with all their yelling and screaming.

Once the cost was clear, I quietly went upstairs and into my room. I didn’t even bother changing back into my pajamas. I was way too tired to do anything at this point. I climbed into bed and passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow.

I woke up to my leg vibrating. What the hell? Why is my leg vibrating?! I sat up and discovered that my phone was in my pocket. Oh… that’s why. I guess I left it on vibrate last night.

I answered the phone. “Hello?”

“Hey Kristen, its Kevin.”

“Oh, hey. Um… why are you calling so early in the morning?”

“Uh… Kristen it’s 3:00 in the afternoon.”

What?! Oh my God, I never sleep late. How is that possible? I looked over at my desk and sure enough, the clock read 3:15 p.m. Wow… I must have been really tired last night. Or early this morning… whatever.

“Oh, sorry. Wow I didn’t think I would sleep this late.”

“Don’t worry. You’ve been under a lot of stress, so I understand.”

“Thanks. Anyway, so did you need something?”

“Oh yeah, I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date tonight.” He sounded a little anxious, like if I said no he would be crushed. Why would I say no? I mean, seriously. I’m in love with this guy. Of course I’ll go on a date with him.

“Sure. You don’t even have to ask. I mean, you are my boyfriend and everything.”

“I know, but I didn’t know if you would be up to it or anything because of… you know.”

“Oh, yeah. Whatever. I know I’ll be happier with you anyway.”

“That’s good. We’re going to go somewhere special, so make sure you dress up” I could hear the smile in his voice.

“Okay. When will you pick me up?”

“Around 6:00. Is that okay?”

“It’s perfect. I’ll see you then. Bye!”

“Bye. I love you.” We hung up.

Atomic bombs went off in my stomach whenever he said those three words. He’s so amazing… I can’t believe I’m even dating him. Who knew an ordinary person like me would date someone as special as him?

Well, I better start getting ready now if he’ll pick me up at six. OH MY GOD!! That means I only have three hours to get ready!! Dear Lord, I better get going.

I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom. I quickly started up the shower and stripped off my clothes. Once the water was warm, I hopped in. I washed my body with vanilla scented soap. Then I shampooed and conditioned my hair. I shut off the water and hopped out.

I wrapped a towel around my body and a different towel around my hair, then went to my bedroom. I went over to my dresser and picked out some underwear and a bra. I put them on and threw the towel in the hamper.

Gosh, I have nothing to wear for tonight! Where could he possibly be taking me anyway? While I was thinking about where we were going, I finally found the perfect dress.

It was a strapless white dress with blue polka-dots. It came to just above my knees. Perfect. I quickly put that on and looked for some shoes. I decided on a pair of white flats with a little white bow on the end.

I pulled out my straighter and plugged it in. Mm… why not play some music while I wait?

I went over to my i-home and put on That’s What You Get by Paramore. Then I went back over to my dresser and started to straighten my hair.

Once I was done, I looked at the clock. 5:30. Okay, so I have a half hour to waist. I grabbed my purse and headed downstairs. Then I sat on the couch and turned on the T.V. My parents weren’t home now. They’re working. I have the house all to myself.

All of a sudden my stomach rumbled. Wait a minute. I didn’t even eat breakfast or lunch. Maybe I should just eat something small. I still don’t know where Kevin is taking me, so we might not be going to get something to eat.

I sighed and walked into the kitchen, looking through all the cabinets. I decided on crackers and cheese. That’s small yet filling. I grabbed the cheese from the fridge and walked back into the living room.

Before I knew it, the doorbell rang. I looked at the clock. It read 6:04. Sweet! Kevin’s here! I quickly put the cheese and crackers away before grabbing my purse and opening the door. “Hey.” I greeted Kevin.

“Hello beautiful. Are you ready?” He asked, holding out his arm for me to take. He looked really nice tonight. He wore black skinny jeans with a navy blue button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up. And to top it off, he wore his shiny shoes.

I giggled and linked arms with him. “Yup.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't really like this chapter. But the nest one will definitely make up for this rotten chapter!!
Comments and banners are greatly appreciated!! *hint hint*

:)