‹ Prequel: The Wrong Jonas
Sequel: Something Better

School Comes First But Where's A Future Without Him

Chapter 4

I must say, I do look rather dashing today.

Wow, that sounded really cheesy!

Anyway, I do look pretty. I am wearing a red, spaghetti strap, v-neck dress(Very low cut, if I must say.) that goes to right above my knees. I also have red pumps that strap around my ankle. I straightened my hair and parted it to the right side.

I had some mascara, lip gloss, and eyeliner on. I was all ready to leave.

As I walked downstairs, I saw my dad do a double-take. "You're wearing that?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Honey, she looks fine. Leave her alone." My mom said, then turned to me. "Sweetie, you look beautiful. I'm sure Joe will think so, too." She smiled.

"No shit. He better not be thinking anything about her and-" My dad started, but mom cut him off.

"Oh shut it, Victor. She's eighteen." They started out the door and I followed.

As we headed next door towards the Jonas', my dad said a few more unpleasant words about Joe and my dress. Overprotective dad... obviously I got stuck with him.

My father rand the doorbell and Mrs. Jonas answered the door. "Welcome! I'm so glad you guys are here. Sarah, you look absolutely wonderful. And Alyssa, look at you!" She gave us each hugs when Joe took me into the living room where his brothers were.

"Hey baby." He kissed me softly.

"Hey." I said. Joe pulled away and looked me up and down. "Wow. You look-"

"Hey Joe!" My dad came over and pretended to be happy to see Joe. Ugh, he is so annoying!

"Oh, hey Mr. Russell. How are you?" You could tell Joe was nervous. They shook hands. Then my dad put his arm around Joe's shoulder and got serious.

"Are you being good to my daughter?" Oh, give me a break!

"Of-of course, sir..." Joe stuttered, growing more nervous.

"Dad." I said sternly and pointed to where the adults were across the hall. "He's doing a very good job as a boyfriend. Now leave." He sighed and walked away.

"Awkward..." Joe said in a shaky voice.

"Don't worry about him. He can't do anything. I'm an adult now, remember?" I took his two hands in mine and gave them a comforting squeeze.

"Yeah... he still scares me, though." We laughed then headed over to the couch.

"Hey Kev!" I gave him a hug. I couldn't really tackle him, what with my dress and all.

"Hey Alyssa. You look really nice."

"Thanks. You look stunning!" I backed away and headed over to hug Nick.

"Yeah, you look hot!" He said jokingly. I knew he was doing it to get on Joe's nerves.

Sure enough, when we broke apart, Joe gave him daggers. Nick pulled me towards him and said, "She's mine!"

I decided to go along with it. "Yeah, I think I like Nick better than you." I kissed Nick on the cheek. Of course Nick was totally over me, but Joe still kept his eyes open.

"What?!" Joe screamed. We pulled apart.

"Dude, I'm just kidding. You're the only one for me?" I went over to Joe and wrapped my arms around his neck. He sighed and put his forehead against mine.

I heard Nick pretend to cry and yell, "Alyssa... I thought what we had was special!" I laughed, but Joe didn't. He just looked me in the eyes.

"I know. I just... I love you too much. I don't know what I would do if you liked another guy." He said softly. Almost a whisper.

Aw... he's so sweet!

"Aw... I love you, too." We kissed for a little bit until Frankie interrupted.

"Ewe, guys. Get a room!" Joe groaned and backed away.

"Why can't you be like, five years older?!" I laughed and sat on the couch. Soon after Joe sat next to me.

Up until Denise called us for dinner, we were watching Disney Channel. Joe's choice, of course.

Dinner was absolutely amazing! Denise is such a good cook. It doesn't matter how full you are, you always want more and more.

Once everyone was finished, we all helped clear the table. I went up to Denise.

"Do you need any help washing the dished Mrs. Jonas?" I asked her.

"Aw... you're so sweet Alyssa. No thanks, I got it. And plus, I think Joe wants to spend the rest of the evening with you." She smiled at me. I felt my cheeks grow hot as a big goofy grin spread across my face.

I felt arms snake around my waist. "Hey Alyssa. Can I talk to you for a second?" I turned to face him.

"Sure." He let go of my waist and took my hand. We headed upstairs and into Joe's room. Once we were in there, he closed the door and locked it behind him.
♠ ♠ ♠
You can only guess what's going to happen in the next chapter. :D
And if you didn't get my hint... then you'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Thanks for reading!

:)