Sequel: Ocean of Emotion

Broken Hearts May Have Their Doubts

Epilogue

You could barely shift for silk, or meshed material. We were all stuffed in the back of the wedding car, running a good half an hour late after the hairdresser failed to turn up at the correct time. At some point in between having my hair curled and running around Libby's house searching for the shoe to go on my left foot, Sacha had disappeared. Her disappearing act only sent Libby into more fits of panic.

"She told me she was going to meet us there, and she will, Libs, she won't miss this," Polly tried to reassure the bride, who was currently, fussing about the bunch of white roses that laid in her lap. The petals were only slightly bent, and of course, Libby being the perfectionist that she is, was messing around with them, trying to straighten them out.

"She better be," Libby huffed, "I'm not doing this without her. Who knows if I'll be doing this at all? I won't be surprised if Matt hasn't left yet."

"Listen, babe, Matt will be waiting for you. He loves you, he'll wait for the world to end, just as long as he gets to marry you," I tried to reassure her.

The car suddenly came to a halt and myself and Polly pushed the doors either side of us open and stepped out, holding our bridesmaid dresses up as we ran towards the church, running down the front path towards the four idiots standing outside it. Josh had his phone clamped to his ear and he was near enough shouting into it, before snapping it shut and sighing in annoyance.

"It's okay! The party's here!" Polly yelled, tripping over her dress and falling onto the ground. I sniggered at her, helping her up. After that incident, the two of us took to walking towards them.

"Max isn't here. Is Sacha with you?" Josh asked, running a hand through his hair. Stress. Not a good thing. He wasn't even getting married, for god's sake.

"No, she disappeared ages ago, she said she'd be here," Polly informed them.

"That's exactly what he said! Why does he have to fuck it up for me?" Matt yelled, sitting himself down on the steps that lead to the church's grand entrance, his head was in his hands.

Josh's phone buzzed and he jumped slightly at the shock, before flipping it open and holding it to his ear. "Finally! Hm, yeah. Oh no, we're all just fine and dandy here, thanks to you and Sacha. What? Wait, seriously? Oh, god, yeah, okay. I'll call you back." He snapped his phone shut again and grinned at us.

"Enlighten us, please," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Never fear! We're here!" Harmony's voice drifted over to us, as did a squeal and Libby ran away from the path leading towards the church.

"Libs, c'mon, he's seen you now!" I called over to her, beckoning for her and Harmony to walk across to us, I wanted to hear this news that Josh was still keeping from us. The two of them walked across, Libby's fists full of her dress, as she tried her hardest not to get any of it dirty at all.

"Right, big news. Max just called. Sacha's in labour, and he wants us all there, cause obviously he's having a meltdown, it's Max after all," Josh explained.

"But we're supposed to be getting married," Libby whined, softly. Matt stood up, walking down the steps towards her. I turned away from them, letting them have their privacy. The other nosy sods, on the other hand were all trying to intently listen to their soft spoken conversation.

The heavy church doors opened and Ant stepped out into the bright daylight, shielding his eyes in the sudden brightness, he looked around at us all. "What's happening? Everyone's wondering whats going on. They want their free booze."

"No wedding, we need to get to the hospital. You can tell everyone, Ant. Just tell them to go to the reception, drink all they want. We'll be there soon," Matt explained to him.

"Hospital? What? Why, who's hurt?"

"Don't ask questions, Anthony, just let's go tell everyone that they can have their booze," Polly said, ushering him back into the church. She so fancies the pants off him.

--

After Libby, Matt, Harmony and Dan all piled into the wedding car, Josh called us and Chris a taxi to take us to the hospital. I was expecting Max to be absolutely terrified and Sacha to be screaming her head off, demanding that he go and hold her hand, or she'd never touch him, never mind sleep with him, again.

But when we arrived, there was no screaming and Max was no where to be seen. Neither were the other four fools that had taken the wedding car, just so none of them had to fork out for a stupid taxi.

"Where are they? We are in the right place right?" I asked, looking around and seeing that the waiting room was practically deserted, save an elderly woman with a toddler, playing with the toys provided. And of course, the usual receptionist sat behind the desk.

"Oh my god!" A muffled yell echoed throughout the waiting room, and a set of double doors burst open to reveal an extremely happy, yet disheveled Max. He spotted us and ran over to us, jumping on Josh and tackling him to the ground, kissing his lips, before standing up and grabbing Chris, giving him the same treatment. He then moved onto me, but I pushed him away.

"Oh nooooo you don't, Maxie boy," I said. Who knew where he'd been?

"I'm a dad! I have a son! I'm so happy! Kiss me Bliss, kiss me now!" He cried, grabbing my face and kissing my lips forcefully. I slapped his chest, until he pulled away, beaming at me. By now, Josh and Chris had managed to pick themselves up off the floor.

The automatic doors behind us opened and Matt, Libby, Dan and Harmony stepped inside the building. Max went to tackle the four of them with hugs and kisses of delight, when Josh stopped him.

"Show us the way, Max, we need to see this kid," he said.

"Oh yeah," Max scratched his head, before skipping off towards the double doors he'd burst through only minutes before. We all followed him down a corridor towards a room at the end. He burst through the door, like a Tasmanian devil, seating himself in the only available chair, smiling in adoration at Sacha and the tiny bundle in her arms.

"Sacha!" Libby shrieked, only quietening down after a hiss from Max and a dark look.

We all stepped inside the room, and it seemed to shrink at the amount of people all stuffed inside, all wanting a glimpse of the new addition to this dysfunctional family we had going on.

"What have you named him?" I asked curiously, trying to peer over the blue blanket that was concealing the baby's face from the rest of us. Sacha cradled him close to her chest. Her tart days were well and truly over now.

"Boris," Max grinned.

"Oh, Max, behave for gods sake. His name is Adam Joshua Heyler-Cole," Sacha filled us all in.

I could feel the happiness radiating from Josh as he wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder. It was a well known fact that Sacha had been debating which band member to have for the baby's middle name, and which of her best friends names to use, if baby Adam had been a girl.

"Only, the Heyler-Cole child could ruin a wedding, eh?" Dan joked.

"Oh, I don't know about ruining it, postponing it maybe," Libby smiled softly, leaning up at kiss Matt's lips.

I smiled to myself at this whole scenario. It was just our luck to have one birth and one postponed wedding. No funerals, hopefully.

"Come on, I have something to ask you," Josh mumbled into my ear, kissing my cheek.

I nodded. "We'll be back," I said, unwrapping his arms from around me and letting him lead me along the corridor and into the waiting room.

We stood still, our hands still locked together, smiling at each other. "I know this isn't the most romantic place in the world, but I still plan to do this today." Without letting go of my hand, he knelt down on the floor, reaching into his suit and under his shirt, he pulled out a silver chain that had a ring attached to it. One yank on the ring, snapped the chain, letting the delicate silver links slither to the floor. "All this talk of futures and marriages and kids got me thinking. I may have over thought this to be honest. But you know I love you. I'd swim oceans for you, climb mountains, walk through fire, and swarms of wasps, I'd fight sharks and crocodiles and anyone that stood in my way. I love you so much, so, Bliss, marry me?"

Tears stung my eyes and I nodded, watching him slip the ring onto my finger. He stood up and pulled me into his arms, kissing my lips.

I guess now you're waiting for the sad moment. You know how nothing is ever perfect for me. So, we stepped outside and Josh got hit by a reversing car. No, I'm kidding, he didn't. I'm awful, I know. There is no sad moment. I won't be wallowing in my own pathetic self pity anymore. I have everything I could ever need and more, and now our lives are unfolding before us. As we've said before, nothing is ever written in stone, and thats the truth. But for now, I'd like things to stay the same, if only for a little while. As, this is the ultimate happy ending.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cause we didn't see that coming, did we now?

Emily, Cait, DROPDEAD, Slashed-Eyeliner, Northern Downpour, Pamplemousse, AlishaIeroVexx - your all amazing for leaving me comments throughout this.
And anyone thats read it.
This is completely the end, sadly.