Heaven Help the Way's Little Sister

Chapter 6

~After School~

School went by with a breeze even though Joe did kiss me this morning like I wished he would I felt like I had done something very wrong. I was sitting in my room just laying on my bed thinking about all the possibilities. Maybe he does like me, maybe he wants me to be his but what about al the other girls in the world? What about all his fans? What about his career? So I went down to where I usually go to express how I feel. To my basement and sit at my piano.

I’ve had this piano since my grandmother Elena died a few years ago because I inherited it from her. She loved it when I played the piano for her and she knew that I loved playing for her. So in her will she said that the piano was mine to play for her when she was in heaven. So when I feel like just playing for no reason or to write a song or just vent her piano is there waiting for me.

As I walked down the stairs to the basement I heard people saying how beautiful my piano was and how they just wanted to play it just one time. But I simply walked over to my black beauty, sat down on the bench, and started playing what first came to mind, A Little Bit Longer. Before I knew it Nick was singing right along with my playing and so was I but for a different reason.

Got the news today
But they said I had to stay
A little bit longer
and I’ll be fine
When I thought it'd all been done
When I thought it'd all been said
A little bit longer
and I’ll be fine

But you don't know what you got 'til it's gone
And you don't know what it's like to feel so low
And every time you smile or laugh you glow
You don't even know, know, know
You don't even know

All this time moves by
Still no reason why
A little bit longer
And I’ll be fine
Waiting for a cure
But none of them are sure
A little bit longer
And I’ll be fine

But you don't know what you got 'til it's gone
And you don't know what it's like to feel so low
And every time you smile or laugh you glow
You don't even know, know, know
You don't even know, know, know.
You don't even know

And you don't know what you got 'til it's gone
Don't know what it's like to feel so low, yeah
And every time you smile or laugh you glow
You don't even know! Yeah! Whoa!

So I'll wait 'til kingdom come.
All the highs and lows are gone.
A little bit longer and I'll be fine.
I'll be... fine.

So I'm finally here today
And I wish that I could stay
A little bit longer
I’ll be fine


Nick and I finished singing and I just sat there crying my eyes out because I knew my nana would love that I was playing a famous song and singing it with famous singers.

“Hey guys can I talk to Delilah alone?” Joe asked kindly.

“Yea its cool with us.” Kevin and Nick both agreed.

As soon as Joe heard the basement door shut Joe quietly asked me if I was okay.

“Yea,” I sobbed, “ I’m okay. I just got to thinking about my nana and how she loved to hear me play the piano.”

“Oh well I have a feeling that you are going to be even better later in life.” Joe said while hugging me.

“Why does everyone think that? Why does everyone think that I’m going to be something great like my brothers? I don’t want to be like them. I want to be a normal person that just knows famous people and has normal friends.” I started crying even harder and Joe just hugged me even tighter.

“You don’t have to be like them if you don’t want to. It’s your choice about what you want to do later on in life. But for now I will be here for you and you know that.” Joe said while looking me in the eyes.

Just then in my mind I could hear him singing When You Look Me In The Eyes to me but then it occurred to me that he was actually singing to me and I knew that he wanted to be more than just best friends so I leaned in and kissed his soft lips.

“Will you be my girlfriend?” Joe whispered in my ear.

“Yes, I will be your girlfriend Joe.” I whispered back in his ear then I kissed him and I could feel how much he loved me when he kissed back.

It was love at first sight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay another chapter in the books!

Comments make a happy writer!

Cutemcrchick