Status: Hatius. Sorry, will post new chapter sometime January.

Runaway Life With Rock Stars

Onze

Our embrace is as beautiful and timeless like a swan calmly floating in peace on the crystal clean water on an evening. He held me so tight, pressing our bodies together as if he were afraid we were going to break apart again. I buried my face on his neck, feeling the humidity enclosed from my hard breathing and slipping tears. When we finally let ago after a very, very long time, I had not expected to see him crying silently.

"Jaddus, I was so worried about you! I didn't know what to do...it all happened so fast. I couldn't get Susan to run because we were caught already before we even attempted to escape the night you ran out the door. The plan failed, and...oh God! I'm so glad you're alright!" He cheerily and emotionally said to me.

"And I'm glad that you're alive, Manuel!" I smiled with watery eyes. He hugged me tight, and for the first time I realized this was the first hug he's ever given me. And like I have figured out since being the My Chemical Romance and their friends, I figured that a stiff person being hugged should do the same. So I wrapped my arms under and hugged him tight just the same.

"I came back for you guys. I can't leave you here, not without me at least. We're a family who can only survive with each other." I whispered in his ear.

"I know, I know. We'll have to come up with a good plan. Tony isn't here so that's something good for us. Though, Hector and Eamon have us being watched like hawks and they're not in a really good mood today. Especially Eamon, you know how he gets." Manuel replied in a low and scared voice but full of authority.

We let go and went to the depth of the alley.

"How do we get to Susan?" I asked him, crouching behind a dumpster, popping my head carefully and slow to glace at the mouth of the ally. Susan is already in level two, something very bad already. God, I will never forgive myself if we don't make it out alive. For sure this is my last draw with this gang, I've escaped and tired so many times and caused them problems for it; this is my last chance. Either I save my friends and make it out alive or I don't and get shot not only once but by everyone in the gang, meaning Manuel and Susan will be forced to shoot me too.

Great fear filled my emoty soul. My Daemon became impatient and wanted to crawl in a hole forever and stay. Stop it! We have to do this, there is no choice. I mean, what do I got to lose? Nothing. I snapped to my Daemon.

Fine, said my Daemon, we'll fight for their life at least. We've got nothing to lose. Besides, its not like this world has much to offer for us.

As much as these were negative words coming from the soul, my Daemon!, they were comforting. His words were like weapons being handed to me, the fear subsiding and turning into anger. The war will begin, and it will get ugly.

"She's going to be prostituting at the end of this street's corner." Manuel answered.

I was brought back to the real world, ready for anything thrown at me like a bomb. I feel strong. "Good. Well get there through the roofs. Let's go." I said and took his hand to lead him to the the side of the building's stairs. We climbed with kitten feet, fast and quiet. The humidity let my skin be coated with sweat, penetrating on my clothes.

Once we reached to the landing at the top of the building, Manuel gave me a boost to get up to the roof. I struggled a bit and got to the top after a few attempts. The key to this is we have to use strategy and common sense, the only survival skills that will help us to reach out goal. I crouched down, getting into a firm position, and reach for Manuel's perfect hand and helped him get up. Once we were both on the roof, he said:

"We'll have to stay in the middle of the building so no one down there can see that we're up here. Stay close to me." He took may hand to a firm grip. "And don't let go. We'll have to run fast to grain force and make it across the buildings." I looked ahead of us. Luckily the buildings were pretty much the same height. I breathed in heavily as if to drink powerful inner strength and faith. "Ready?" He questioned.

"Whenever you are." I replied, concentrated on getting to the other side.

"Go."He said and we began running. Once our feet reached the edge of the building, we had our one of our legs in the air while the other bent and gave us a helpful push to jump toward the other side. My feet kicked in the air as if I were running on a cloud. It helped a bit to reach towards the other roof with a hard fall. I fell, pulling Manuel with me. I laughed a little, exhilarated from the moment we began to fly. "You alright?"

"Yeah, I think so. Come on, "I got up, letting go of his hand and brushing the dust off my knees.

"Let's go. But maybe it's best that we don't hold on or we'll be falling on each other like this all the time." I suggested. He nodded and we repeated the same process of running, push at the edge, kicking in the air with arms paddling as well, and a hard fall towards the next and the next and the one after that until we reached to the last building. I had almost fallen a few times because I couldn't reach towards the other building. But Manuel was there to take my hand and not let me fall backwards.

We crouched down and eventually started crawling towards the corner of the building. Below we could see the shadows of passers by every now and then, scanning to the prostitutes against the wall. My eyes went from right to left trying to figure out in the dim light where I Susan was standing.

"There she is," whispered Manuel into my ear, pointing discreetly towards the other side of the sidewalk.

"Dammit, Manuel! How are we supposed to get over there if we're over here?" I gasped, worriedly.

He kept silent for a minute as he thought of a plan, something he has a gift for. Without him I wouldn't have been able to escape in the first place.

He looked at me, as if digging into my eyeballs with his precious stare. "Try to get her attention with our secret whistle when I give you a signal. I'll go check the the other side of the building to see if Hector and Eamon are at the van." He slightly got up and placed his strong hand on my shoulder, lightly. "Stay here, I'll be back."

As he departed, my heart gave pounding heart beats by the second! I was worried, extremely worried about how Susan could get picked up by a man-whore who might give her an STD just by the sight! Manuel better hurry up and give me a signal. What if Susan gets picked up before I even receive the signal? Then what?

Shut up! My Daemon snapped at me in annoyance. You're irritating me with your "ifs" and doubt. Just fucking focus for now and concentrate. Keep an eye out for Manuel and Susan and stop worrying, you big wuss!

His deep words meant a lot more than anyone would feel when they've just had an epiphany. I nodded and tired to look for Susan's eyes to lock a stare. I have learned that if you stare at someone, even if its the corner of their eye, you can make them turn to you because it supernaturally causes their attention.

The minutes pass and I have blinked very little. I hear the clear and precise secret whistle and turn to Manuel where I see him crouching in the darkness at the other side of the building. I turn to Susan and find her turning her head left and right. She heard the whistle too, my Daemon hinted.

I whistled about three times until I caught her attention to look up at the building. I wave a little with a half smile in my face. She looks at me with bewilderment, her face expressing joy, fear, astonishment and sadness. Wait, sadness? Am I looking at her right? I rubbed my eyes and looked down on her. She did have a sad expression in all her mixed emotions. For the first time I see her appear sad. She's always been strong, hiding what she really felt; this time it is evident.

She was going to cross the street but I signaled her with my hands to meet us at the other end of the street. She nodded and began to walk, passing the other prostitutes and man-whores. I searched for rocks and pebbles I would feel in the darkness of the roof and had them ready to throw at those who decided to stop her walk. Luckily she blended in with the dim light of the street to not be noticed as much.

Manuel was by my side again and we made our crouching bodies skid the top of the roof to the other end and went to the center to go jump the roofs once more. When we were at the end we climbed down the stair way from the side of the building. Susan had already crossed the street and when Manuel and I reached the alley floor she embraced us hard both at the same time with tears in her mascara-smeared eyes. Her silent sobs her muffled between us both. Manuel, being a sweetheart, told her that we were getting the hell out of here and everything would turn out to be okay. I reassure her this plan is going to work.

She grabs our hands into her cold palms and grips as if to never let go. "We'll make this through the end." He courageous words ring through the empty hole in my stomach, traveling like shock waves through my sore heart and attentive mind. "Keep the faith, we'll make it through."
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while. I am just randomly in a good mood, in a horrible mood. I wouldn't call it mood swings though. But because of it, the inspirational feeling of coming back to write on mibba came to me. I'm glad to finally update one of my first stories I've been working on for over two years. :]

Comments from readers are welcome, mean or kind. Doesn't matter. I appreciate both!