The End.

Chapter Five: Don't Walk Beside Me...

Chapter Five: Don’t Walk Beside Me...

xXMikey’s POVXx

I walked back to the bunks. I was still pretty tired. I stumbled a little when I got to the threshold. I feel dizzy. Wow. Who knew those pills were so powerful. I sure as hell didn’t realize until I was out cold on the floor, floating in a dreamless sleep.

I feel bad though. I really freaked Gee out. He looked like he was gonna have a heart attack when he started crying. I should apologize to him later. What matters now is coffee. And lots of it.

I prepared the coffee and waited for my black and white mug to fill to the brim. That’s not gonna be enough though. I only slept for what, six hours. Usually that’s enough for me. but I guess today’s different.

A small beep escaped from the coffee maker and I drank my coffee quickly. Yes, straight. No milk, no sugar. That’s the only way it can wake you up. The other stuff just deludes it. After I finished, I walked into the bunk area to read. I searched my bag and looked around at the small library. Harry Potter, Shakespeare, Lord of the Flies. Too many to choose. After a few seconds, I gave up and grabbed my copy of Ecstasy: The Tales of the Chemical Romance and began to read it for the tenth time.

I couldn’t concentrate though. Something was bothering me. I looked around. Something’s different, I know it. Wait. Alicia’s gone. Am I still dreaming? That’s weird. When I fall asleep in dreams, that usually means I wake up in reality. So, why am I still dreaming?

That’s so weird. But, I’ll go along with it. I picked up my book and began to read again.

I wasn’t interrupted for a few hours. That’s when I heard someone open the door. I turned to see who it was. Frankie. What does he want? Did he see Gerard crying and wanted to check on me? He looks worried. I hate it when people worry about me.

“What’s up?” he said to me. He sat across from me on his bunk.

“Nothing,” I replied, “What’s up with you?”

“The ceiling obviously,” he countered. He chuckled. “Listen. Can I talk to you about something? Something serious?”

Oh great, here we go. “Sure. What is it?”

“Um, are you doing okay?” he asked me.

“I don’t know what you mean.”

“What? I asked if your doing better than yesterday?”

“Why? What happened yesterday?”

“Mikey, come on. Seriously. We’re worried about you.”

“Why the hell are you worrying about me? You know I hate it when people fuss over me! Now tell me. What happened yesterday?”

“Mikey, Alicia left you!” he screamed at me. I stepped back. “Don’t you think Gerard and I have a right to be worried about you? Or Ray or Bob?!”

“She didn’t leave me,” I told him, “It’s all a dream, and I’ll wake up soon.”

“Mikey, you’re in denial,” he tried to calm me.

“No I’m not! She’ll come back in the end of this dream and I’ll wake up and everything will be okay!” I told him. Why was he fucking talking this way?

“Mikey if you keep denying this, you’ll only hurt yourself more when reality comes and smacks you across the face,” he explained, “Well, um, I think you’ve been smacked enough.” I touched the red spot on my face. It still stung a little, but not as much as before. Can you feel pain in a dream?

“Mikey, come on. Let’s talk. You, me, Gerard, and the guys. I think talking will help you. You’ll feel better. But denying it isn’t gonna solve shit. I can promise you that.” Frankie walked over slowly to me and smiled.

“I don’t want to walk with you,” I grumbled, “I don’t want to walk with any of you. I really don’t feel like talking.”

“Mikey,” he cooed. I know he’s trying, but still. Suddenly, an image came into me head.

I was trying to talk to Alicia. “Alicia!” I yelled, “Please. I really want to talk. Please.” She turned around to face me. Before I knew it, WHACK! She smacked me across the face and left out the door.

“Please. We all wanna talk to you. Please,” Frank kept cooing. He thinks he can help me with his bullshit words? I said those same words and I got hit in the face. What makes him think they’ll help me?

“Just leave me alone!” I screamed. He drew back a little, and then walked out the door, closing it behind him. I fell onto my bed and tried to empty my thoughts. Nothing worked. I then felt something in my pants pocket.

I dug through my jeans and pulled out something. A sleeping pill. Those emptied my mind last night. I fell quietly, and rather quickly, into a deep, dreamless sleep. And I was a little tired.

Just one more won’t hurt....