Status: Completed

A Cashier and a Movie Star...Can They Really Fall in Love?

Chapter 32 Holy Crap, Dan's Not Himself!

“Tom?” I whispered, looking about the hall. “Tom?”

A hand covered my mouth, and pulled me into a dark, empty room. The light switch flicked on, and the hand uncovered my mouth. I turned, and saw a completely naked Tom Felton. Oh, so that’s why he showed me his wolf transformation after we had made love…

“W-what was that ab-bout?” I stammered, nervous that Tom was now standing before me in all his naked glory.

“Mary’s in for a rude awakening,” said Tom coldly as he walked towards a closet, and ripped it open. The door broke off the hinge, and Tom tossed it to the side, throwing on whatever clothes were inside. “Dan’s no longer human…”

“What?!?!” I exclaimed. “You have got to be kidding me!”

“I don’t kid about not being human,” said Tom as he pulled on some pants, and looked back at me. “I hate to break it to you, but Dan is now a vampire…”

“Ha ha very funny,” I said sarcastically. “Seriously, there is no such things as vampires. Come on, get real…”

“He’s my sworn enemy now,” said Tom in a serious voice. “Wolves and vampires don’t mix. Mary will find out soon that Dan’s a vamp. All she has to do is get intimate with him, but I think that Dan’s not going to be ready for that now…”

“Why, why can’t he be intimate with Mary?”

“Vampires cannot be intimate with humans because they cannot control what happens… Dan and Mary could be kissing one minute, and then Dan could be drinking Mary’s blood the next…”

I shuddered at the thought of my best friend dying like that. “But wolves, we have the resistance built in us that we can be intimate with humans. Cause we are still part human, or at least, I am. Dan is dead now…”

“Do you have any idea how it happened?” I asked.

“He was in the bathroom, and I found him on the floor with a bite mark on his neck. I knew that we were supposed to be getting vampire actors on the set for a scene today, but I didn’t know that one of them was a real one…”

“Come on, I’m taking you to my place. We’ll be safer there than here…”

We left the room, and Tom scanned the hall, making sure we were alone. He ran with me out of the building, and towards a vacant limo. “The Felton’s please, and step on it,” said Tom as he pulled me onto his lap.

“Are you okay?” I asked, touching his face as gently as I could. “Did he hurt you?”

“I’m fine, the only thing you have to worry about is yourself,” said Tom with a small smile. “You have to be careful around Dan… I don’t know much about vampires, but I do know he would just as gladly drink your blood as any other person’s…”

I shivered even though it wasn’t cold, and Tom held me closer to him. “You saw what I am capable of doing, and you saw what I did to Dan. I am willing to fight anyone to the death so I can protect you. Never doubt my love, and don’t ever think I’d ever try to hurt you. That is the last thing I’d ever want to do…”

His hand brought my face to his, and his lips glided onto mine. His kiss became more and more urgent and passionate. I felt his hands glide under the back of my shirt to undo my bra. “Shh,” I whispered. “We aren’t alone… Let’s not do this…”

Tom ignored me, and kept kissing me, one hand was on my butt, another on my back. “Mmm… Joanne,” he whispered in my ear. “I want you…”

“Not here… not now,” I whispered back as I kissed up and down his neck. “Wait until we get home baby… Someone’s a bit anxious to have me in your bed…”

I lay my head over Tom’s heart, listening to it beat. “You know it only beats and bleeds for you,” said Tom as he played with my hair. “It has, and will always be yours…”

“My heart has always belonged to you,” I said, putting Tom’s hand on my chest. “You took it the first time I ever saw you…”

The limo pulled to a halt, and the two of us got out, and raced up the walk to Tom’s house. “Welcome back Joanne and Tom!” greeted Mrs. Felton as she pulled us into a warm hug. “Oh, I’ve missed you two so much!!!!!!!!!!”

“I can see…” I laughed as Tom threw me a look. “Um, I gotta use the loo, small bladder, long flight, fear of public bathrooms…”

She nodded, and I ran upstairs to Tom’s room. “I think I’ll go to bed mum, you know, very bad jet lag,” said Tom as he yawned and stretched. When his mom had left, he tore up the stairs at inhuman speed, and locked his bedroom door. I sat on the edge of his bed, and motioned him to come over with my finger. “Come here wolf boy…”
* * *
In the middle of our lovemaking, my phone began to buzz. “Mmm, baby I got to get that!” I said as Tom kissed me. I wrapped the sheets around me, and reached for my cell. MARY.

“Mare what is it?” I asked.

“D-d-dan is… is…”

“I know, it’s okay, I know-”

“He won’t kiss me, he won’t touch me, he sure as hell won’t make love to me, and now he is sulking on the other side of his bedroom. What’s with him?”

Should I tell Mary? I mean, she deserves to know the truth about Dan. “Maybe it’s not you, it’s him…”

“THAT’S A BREAKUP LINE!” wailed Mary. “Oh my God… DAN DOESN’T LOVE ME?!?!”

“Mary, calm down,” I said comfortingly. “Listen, I was in the middle of… something but I will be over to pick you up. Let’s go for some ice cream, my treat.”

I hung up the phone, and got up out of bed. “Sorry babe, friends before ultimate pleasure…”

“Well, at least it was ultimate pleasure to you,” smiled Tom as he folded his arms behind his head. I quickly got dressed, and found the keys to Tom’s car, and headed out the door. As I unlocked the door, buckled my seat belt, and started the engine, the GPS kicked into gear. I programmed Dan’s house into it, and it gave me the directions to get there. Thank God for GPS!

I saw Mary sitting by herself on the front porch, her arms wrapped around her knees tight. I beeped the horn once, and waved her to the car. She ran over and got in, and I fiddled around with the GPS for the nearest ice cream parlor before taking off.

“Mary…” I said, gently patting her arm. “What happened after Tom and I left. Tell me everything.”

“Well,” Mary began, and I could feel that she was on the verge of tears. “After Dan’s eyes went back to blue, and you took off, Dan was all, ‘Let’s go home Mary…’ So, we walked to the limo, and went to his house. The whole ride there, he sat far away from me, as if I had some sort of disease. You know, normally we would cuddle, maybe kiss a bit, nothing too serious until much later, but now, he won’t even TOUCH me! I don’t get it! We were so passionate and crazy for each other!”

We pulled up to the ice cream place, and I parked the car. The two of us got out, and walked into the store. “I’ll have the mocha chocolate, and put as much chocolate pieces in it as possible,” said Mary.

“I’ll have fat free frozen Vanilla yogurt please,” I said as I placed several bills down.

“Leave it to you to make me look like a pig,” said Mary as she ate her ice cream in a booth with me. “I hate you, and I hate Dan even more!”

“I’m sure you don’t mean that,” I said calmly. “I just took you away from Harry Potter because you were so miserable! Don’t I get a thank you?”

“You’re right,” said Mary. “I’m sorry, I’m just miserable…Who can blame me?”

I stared into my ice cream, unable to think of anything to say. “Mare, would you hate me if I told you what’s really going on with Dan right now? I mean, will you promise to not get mad at me, or scream and crap like that?”
“Why, what could be worse than him not being able to STAND me?” said Mary.

“This…” I took a deep breath, and let it out. “Dan’s- he’s not… human.”

“Uh huh…”

“See I knew this would happen,” I said quietly. “You got to understand. That’s why he doesn’t want to touch you. HE’S DEAD!”

Mary gasped, then began to cry. “No, no not DEAD dead, just a vampire…” I muttered under my breath.

Mary heard it anyway, and she started to scream. “He is- a v-v-vampire? But how do you-”

“I just know okay?” I said, not wanting to tell her how Tom was the one who realized it first. “Dan had the bite marks on the side of his neck. And his eyes were red for a reason Mare, he wanted blood; our blood…”

“Oh my God,” whispered Mary. “What the fuck am I gonna do?”

“I don’t know Mare, I got problems too. We have to stay in England because we both have to be on set tomorrow. Do you think you’ll be safe at Dan’s house, or would you rather come and stay with Tom and me?”

“I-I think I will talk to Dan, and try to work things out,” said Mary, suddenly back to her normal self.

Weird I thought to myself. How can she possibly go back to normal so fast. And then, it hit me.

“Mary… promise me you WON’T do anything drastic to be back with Dan,” I warned. “He can be with you without you doing anything crazy, you got it? Remember, you have a family back in the States who loves you, a best friend who loves you like crazy, and a new career. Don’t throw it all away, okay?”

“I’m not the impulsive one,” said Mary. “Thanks for helping me out… You rock.”

“I know, I do don’t I?” I teased as we finished up our ice cream, and headed back for the car.

“Tom let you drive his car?” asked Mary.

“Well, I just took the keys, and he didn’t have much to say about it,” I said with a grin. “You know, you call at bad times… Tom and I were IN THE MIDDLE OF SOMETHING…”

“I know, and you came and got me,” said Mary as I finally reached Dan’s house. “Do you want to come in for a while?”

I remembered what Tom had told me. You have to be careful around Dan… I don’t know much about vampires, but I do know he would just as gladly drink your blood as any other person’s…

“I-I don’t think I can,” I said with a grimace. “Tom’s waiting for me back at the house. I’d better just go. I’ll see you tomorrow alright?”

“Drive safely!” said Mary as she ran up the walkway and into the house. I drove away slowly, and after a few minutes, pulled into the Felton’s driveway, and parked.

I got out of the car, and slowly opened the front door. Mrs. Felton was nowhere in sight, and I tiptoed up the stairs to Tom’s bedroom.

“How is she?” asked Tom as I closed and locked the door behind me. “She’s not hurt is she?”

“She’s fine,” I said as I sat on the edge of the bed, looking down at the floor. “Nothing a bit of ice cream and an explanation wouldn’t cure…”

“You told her about Dan then,” said Tom quietly. “Did you tell her about me?”

“That’s not for me to tell,” I said quietly. “It’s your thing, you tell her when you are ready…”

I looked out the window, and saw that it was getting dark outside. I got up out of bed, and looked at the empty British street. I looked up at the sky, and my heart stopped. I had to leave… NOW!

“Tom, I-I got to… There’s a- I don’t know how to say this…” I stammered. I pointed at the full moon in the sky, and Tom’s eyes widened.

“Stay here, I will go running off into the woods until it wears off,” said Tom as he belted up, still completely naked.

“TOM! You’re naked! Don’t you think your mother would wonder what the bloody hell is going on?!?!”

Tom threw on a ratty pair of pants and an old t shirt. “They just become bits of cloth when I morph,” said Tom as he looked back at me. “Hence the nakedness at the end of morphing. You’ll be safe here, beautiful. I promise it will be alright. I will see you in the morning…”

And with that, he ran out of the room, and out of the house.