Status: Completed

A Cashier and a Movie Star...Can They Really Fall in Love?

Chapter 42 What The Hell? Heart Shapes On The Hear

Chapter 42

Tom Felton
I didn’t show up to work. I didn’t shower, nor did I even eat. I stayed by Joanne’s side, never leaving, only to use the bathroom and leave for the full moon. I slept in the chair next to her bed on the rare occasion that I did sleep. I waited, hoping that she would get better, looking for a slight chance that she was getting better.

Dan and Mary left to go to the set of Harry Potter, but they always came directly after work. Both of them came wearing their costumes, and makeup and special effects prosthetics. And when they had come from filming a particularly gruesome and bloody scene, the hospital staff asked the two of them if they wanted to be treated for their injuries. They told the staff it was fake, and that they were in the process of filming a movie. They dropped it after that.

“Tom, you look horrible,” said Mary as she gave me some homemade cookies she baked herself. “Have a cookie, it’ll help. You look like you haven’t eaten or slept in weeks. Come on, Joanne wouldn’t want you to not live your life…”

“She is in this coma because I wasn’t in her life enough!” I said angrily. “I am not leaving her for one second! It’s bad enough I have to leave for the full moon, and bodily functions, but it is better than nothing. I don’t want to leave her ever again. I owe her this much…”

Mary nodded, and walked over to Dan, whispering something into his ear. Then, Dan made his way over to me. He cleared his throat. “Uh, Tom? Everyone at work is worried about you. I told them the situation… the rated G version of our story. Joanne got beat up by two gangsters, and we were lucky enough to find her and take her to the hospital. They know she is in a coma because of the abuse she had gotten from the ‘gangsters,’ and well…”

The door opened, and my jaw dropped to the floor. All of them were here, Emma, Rupert, Matthew, Oliver, James, Robbie Coltrane, Maggie Smith, Evanna, and so many more. All of them were here to support me, to help me through with my pain. They all brought flowers and get well soon cards for Joanne, and I thanked all of them for their support. It was nice of them to stop by. I hugged Rupert and Emma, and they both told me to “Take a shower for God’s sake, you smell like a musty old boot!”

I laughed for the first time in weeks, and they smiled back at me. “It will be alright mate,” said Rupert. “Things will get better…”

But how could things get better when they were just staying the same?

“Joanne,” I said as I curled a strand of her hair around my finger. “My beautiful bride to be… please come back. I miss you. Every day my heart bleeds for you. Every day is like a stab to my heart. You are here, but you can’t see me, touch me, kiss me, or hold me. I want you to get better, but it’s been a while, and I’m starting to lose hope… But I can’t lose hope. Right now, I’ve got the best medical care money can buy, and they are trying to break you out of this coma. I’ve got to keep up my hope. That’s all I have left…”

I wiped my tears, and kissed her lips softly. I gently grasped her hand, which had the iv taped to it. “Never knew I could feel like this…” I started to sing out of nowhere. “Like I’ve never seen the sky before…”

“Want to vanish inside your kiss,” sang a soft, quiet voice. “Everyday I love you more and more…”

“Listen to my heart, can’t you hear it sing?! Telling you to give you everything! Seasons may change… winter to spring… But I love you until the end of time…”

“Come what may…” sang the soft voice.

I turned to look at the heart monitor, and almost crapped myself. The lines on the monitor were heart shaped…

Joanne Mazza
I paced back and forth in heaven, which was becoming closer to hell for me. Why did this happen to me? Why do all bad things happen to me? I screamed, and stomped my feet, hoping to fall through the cotton candy clouds back into my body, but I stood firm. I sat down on the cloud, and began to cry. It was hopeless, I was in a coma about to die. There was nothing I could do but to accept my fate.

I walked up to the Golden Gates, and saw an old man with a long gray beard and long flowy hair. “Are you God? The big Kahuna? Alpha? The Creator?”

The old man affirmed my assumption. “Please God, I want to live. My boy- fiancé on earth is very upset because I am in a coma… And I have made him miserable enough. I mean, I left him when he had done so much for me, and I just treated him like crap. I guess I do deserve to die, because of how badly I treated a person who treated me so good. And for that, I am truly sorry…”

“Hmm…” said God as he thought for a moment. “Your death shall not come yet, but in the meantime, I will have let you have some sort of contact with your fiancé…”

He whirled his arms, and I was immediately back in my own body, but I had no power to move, open my eyes, or anything of the sort. But, I had the power to speak and listen…

“Joanne,” said Tom as he curled a strand of my hair around his finger. “My beautiful bride to be… please come back. I miss you. Every day my heart bleeds for you. Every day is like a stab to my heart. You are here, but you can’t see me, touch me, kiss me, or hold me. I want you to get better, but it’s been a while, and I’m starting to lose hope… But I can’t lose hope. Right now, I’ve got the best medical care money can buy, and they are trying to break you out of this coma. I’ve got to keep up my hope. That’s all I have left…”

A part of me longed to speak, but I knew I couldn’t just start talking. It would scare him too much, and I wasn’t about to aggravate God. I want him to bring me to life, not take it away sooner.

As he wiped his tears, I could feel his lips on mine, and then his hand in mine. “Never knew I could feel like this…” I started to sing out of nowhere. “Like I’ve never seen the sky before…”

I recognized the song; the Lover’s Song from Moulin Rouge. The duet between Christian and Satine. I decided to now let him hear me as a sort of comfort in his time of sadness. “Want to vanish inside your kiss,” I sang in a soft, quiet voice. “Everyday I love you more and more…”

“Listen to my heart, can’t you hear it sing?! Telling you to give you everything! Seasons may change… winter to spring… But I love you until the end of time…”

“Come what may…” I sang softly before leaving my body. I messed with the heart monitor, and made the lines into heart shapes, giving Tom a sign of my love for him. I watched as Tom gasped in wonderment, and I looked at Tom, studying him. He had grown haggard, and looked somewhat older than what he was. He had bags under his eyes that were purple, and his eyes were all crusty from crying too much. I longed to touch him, to tell him I was alright. His misery was killing me, and I wrote the one thing that he needed to hear from me so much after what we’d been through on the heart monitor… I love you.

Tom walked over to where the printer was printing out my from the heart monitor, in disbelief at what he was seeing. “I love you?” he read, a sensation creeping across his features. “Joanne, this must be a sign! A sign that you are with me! That you are going to get better!”

I smiled, happy that Tom was now happy, and hoped the happiness would continue as I got closer and closer to life. But my thoughts were interrupted as I was pulled back by a powerful force of wind, all the way back to heaven.

“Joanne, you are not ready to die yet,” said God as patted my hand. “I see that there is a force stronger than I out there. And it is love. Love is what is taking you back to your beloved Tom. Marry him, and bear his children, and you shall have a happiness richer than anything this world has to offer. Go, and be happy!”

I gave God a huge hug, and sped off towards my body. I wasn’t going to die! I’m going to be alive!!

But then I realized… I had to find my own body on my own. What if they were going to pull the plug on me? What if I went into a seizure, and started to die? With that in mind, I sped off at breakneck speed.