I'm No Cinderella

Chapter 4

I walked inside the house, as quietly as I could. I got halfway up the stairs when I heard my stepmother Meredith; call me down into the living room. I closed my eyes in defeat and spun around walking to the living room. She stared at me with her piercing blue eyes and shockingly, big surprise there, Paige and Sydney were seated besides her, fighting a smug grin.

“Jennifer.” She snapped at me, “Where have you been?!”

I winced.

“I was at school working on my art project…” I said quietly, shifting my feet in nervousness. Our ‘daughter to mother’ talks never ended well, unless my dad was there. Which he was never there.

She walked up to me, her face inches away from mine. “Are you lying to me?” she said in such a calm tone that it sent chills down my back.

“No…” I shook my head slowly, being careful of what I said.

“Oh really?” her voice elevated, “You see Jennifer…” she turned her back to me, walking back over to bitch #1 and bitch #2, “I was told, that you were with a guy, and apparently no one could find you, not even Blake…”

Oh my god. I was so screwed now.

“I was with a guy…he was helping me, find an inspiration for art…you know for painting, and well…I fell asleep.”

My stepmother was right back in my face again. “You liar.” She spat out, and slapped me. “They saw you doing stuff with him!” she yelled pointing at Sydney and Paige. “If I ever see you with that guy, ever, again. I am going to tell your father about this!” she yelled. She looked at me, keeping her eyes on me. “Apologize to Sydney and Paige right now.”

I looked at her tears running down my eyes and I was shocked, and angry. “Why?” I almost screamed at her.

“If you dare raise your voice at me, you will not be going to the art presentation. Apologize right now, for worrying Sydney and Paige, and say it like you mean it.”

I stared at both of them, hate flowing through me, but more sadness and betrayal then hate. “ I’m sorry for worrying both of you.” I whispered, barely audible.

They smiled their fake smiles. “Oh its ok…but…please don’t do that next time. We care so much about you, to see you ruin your life like that.” Paige smiled, as Sydney spoke.

We all stood there, silent, waiting for something else to happen.

“No, Sydney it isn’t ok…Jennifer you may go up to your room now…and your skipping dinner tonight.” Meredith’s cold voice broke through the silence. I nodded and slowly walked upstairs fighting more tears when I heard Sydney’s voice.

“Mommy! We got our dresses for the dance this Friday!” she laughed walking to the kitchen.

“Oh that’s just wonderful! Who’s your date sweetie?”

“Oh his names Tyler.”

“Oh that’s just dandy...What happened to Brain though?”

“Oh mom. He’s just a jerk.”

I rolled my eyes.

Whores.” I muttered to myself, walking into my room. I picked up the few things on the floor and lung myself across the bed, finally choking out those heartbroken tears.

What I wanted more than anything was my mother back. But she was all the way in Seattle, with her own family.

Or that’s where I thought she was.

I cried myself to sleep, making sure that I was the only one who could hear my weeps.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yucky Step-mom...
sorta like my mum.
:0
haha w/e
commentt!