Status: ..stuck on this one. I haven't updated in a year. I may come back to it.

Is This What You Call Freedom? Is This What You Call Pain?

Kaksi.

Two weeks after the accident and her mother's death, Anna was still locked in her room alone. After the funeral the only time she left her room was to use the bathroom. She wouldn't see or talk to anyone, not even her father. He would slide food under her door, and try to get her to talk, but she never did.

The next day was the day she finally had to go back to school. A lot of her friends had been at the wake and funeral, but she refused to talk to anyone. She hadn't spoken since the day she woke up. Unless you count the late night texting chats with Alex. He was the only person she would converse with.

Anna rolled off her bed with a sight and walked down the hall with a towel. She took her usual long shower and went immediately to sleep. Thats pretty much the only thing she did anymore. She ate, slept and talked to the boy who would change everything, even if she didn't know it yet.

It was time for her to sleep. She needed to prepare for the day to come. She knew people would stare and try to ask her if she was okay. Obviously she wasn't so why bother to ask? She was already frustrated and she wasn't even there yet. She let her mind wander before falling into the dreamless sleep she slept in every night.

When Anna woke up it was 7:00. She got dressed, brushed her hair and teeth, and for the first time in weeks walked down the stairs. Her father was at the kitchen table eating cereal. She grabbed the note next to her new back pack, before grabbing the bag itself, and walked out the door ready for school. The school was right near her house, so she walked there.

She arrived at school, with her headphones blaring and her head down. As soon as she picked her head up, she could feel the stares. She quickly put her head back down, and walked directly to the main office. She took a deep breath and entered. The room was very cool. It was the only room with air conditioning, and it was still almost 90ยบ in October.

She handed the woman at the desk her note. The woman glanced at it thinking it was another "please excuse my daughter, she wasn't feeling well" note. When she actually read the note she dropped her pen and looked up at Anna. The secretary didn't say anything, thank god. Anna scurried out of the room, and straight to her locker, trying to prepare for the day ahead.