‹ Prequel: Milestones: Teenagers

Milestones: Commitment

Party Down

The reception was in full swing. An hour or so of more dancing, eating, and laughter had ensued since Brian and Michelle shared their first dance. And let’s not forget all the glass clinking and kissing. It seemed that was all any of them wanted to make the new couple do.

After everyone had gotten their fill from the late afternoon meal, it was time to cut the cake, as the DJ had announced.

“Oh, but it’s so pretty, I don’t want to ruin it,” Michelle said as she and Brian were handed the cake knife. She eyed the three-tier chocolate cake with vanilla frosting, trim and lavender roses decorating it, with a pout.

“Cakes are for eating, not for looking pretty,” Brian mused as he placed his hands on her hips from behind. Kissing her neck lightly he smiled, still barely able to grasp the concept that he was married.

Playfully frowning, Michelle took the knife to the cake, her hand covered by Brian’s as they did it together, camera flashes going off all around. Cutting the first piece, Michelle and Brian both grabbed a piece of it.

Smiling broadly, Michelle lifted hers up toward Brian and without warning, her smile turning mischievous, she practically slammed the entire thing down the side of his face. Jaw dropping as she and everyone else broke into a fit of laughter, Brian quickly took a piece of the cake he had and retaliated. Michelle knew it was coming and didn’t bother to duck. Wrapping her arms around Brian, being careful not to touch his black jacket with her hand that was covered in frosting, she leaned up and licked his cheek, kissing him with a smile after he had done the same.

“You better go wash that off because I spent way too much time on your face this morning for it to be ruined,” Val scolded with a laugh, taking another picture of her sister and now brother-in-law.

Nodding, Brian took Michelle by the hand toward the bathrooms where they both locked themselves into the same room.

“Don’t bet on them coming out anytime soon,” Val said with a roll of her eyes, causing anyone in hearing range to laugh.

Inside the bathroom Brian and Michelle were quickly cleaning themselves off, occasionally helping the other.

“Come here,” Brian muttered, his voice taking no that husky undertone that Michelle loved so much. He pulled her toward him by the hips and before Michelle even had her arms around his neck he pressed his lips to hers in a crushing kiss. They hadn’t been alone with each other once during the entire reception, and Brian wanted to give his wife a proper kiss.

Michelle let out a sigh as she parted her lips to Brian’s probing tongue, her body flush with his as the kiss was deepened. Their tongues rolled and pressed against each other as Brian slowly backed her up to the wall. It was awhile before either of them pulled away. Michelle could see the lust coating her husband’s dark eyes and knew what he wanted to do in that very moment. But neither of them could really get anything accomplished in that small bathroom, especially not when they could be heard right outside in the dance hall.

Placing another shorter kiss on Michelle’s lips, Brian rested his forehead against hers, eyes boring down on her. “I love you,” he whispered against her lips. Michelle smiled and kissed him back.

“I love you, too.”

“Alright ladies! Any one of you who is single, get out here right now,” Michelle called out, holding her bouquet up over her head. Standing at the head of the dance hall, she watched as a nice-sized group of women from her age on up through her mother’s age gathered before her. She noticed Brianna in the front row and sent her a fast, questioning glance to which she received a smile and a shrug. She must have broken up with PJ between the last time Michelle had visited her school, and that moment.

Turning around, Michelle faced the DJ booth as she got ready to toss the bouquet. “One…two…THREE!” And with that, she threw the flowers up and over her head. Hearing the cacophony of squeals from the crowd behind her, Michelle turned just in time to see Brianna’s arm reach out and snatch the bouquet over her head. Michelle clapped, smiling at her friend as she felt two arms go around her waist, lifting her up. She was placed in a chair that had been set up on the dance floor, and Michelle smiled as she felt another gentle kiss being placed at the base of her neck by Brian.

“You’re mine now,” she heard him growl, and knew that he meant it in more than just the fact they were married. It was time to remove the garter, and Michelle knew he had something mischievous planned…

The night was slowly drawing itself to a close, some of the guests already leaving the reception to venture back home.

After Brian had retrieved the garter and thrown it, Jimmy was the luck guy to get to put his hands up Brianna’s dress. He was a complete goof about it, but he got Brianna and everyone else in attendance laughing up a storm, pulling a blushing Brianna into him for a hug afterward.

The reception was set to be officially over at ten o’clock, giving enough time afterward for the wedding party to clean up, and enough time for Brian and Michelle to hurry back to matt and Val’s where they already had their luggage packed for the honeymoon. They’d get no sleep until they boarded their three-thirty flight.

“So, you’re going down to good ol’ Australia,” Zack said as Brian and Michelle were getting reading to leave the reception. “Sydney?”

“Nope, Perth,” Brian answered with a nod.

“Perth? What the hell. Why not Sydney?”

“Because Sydney is way too overrated. And I heard Perth is hotter anyway. No idea if that’s true, but either way…. It’s one the west coast, and the west coast is the best coast,” Brian said smugly, causing Zack to roll his eyes.

“See? Marriage has already made you a queer just like I said!” Jimmy exclaimed as he hugged both Brian and Michelle, bidding them good bye and a safe trip. Brian just laughed and shook his head as Michelle looked overly confused.

“Alright, you guys be safe okay? Don’t ruin your honeymoon by doing something stupid or getting hurt,” Val said as she pulled Michelle into a tight hug. It would be the first time either of them would venture overseas.

“And make sure you fuck at least twice a day,” Matt ordered with a laugh, earning a slap on the back of the head by Val who gave him an unenthused look. “What?! That’s the way I would do it…” he defended himself before pulling his two friends into hugs. “Alright. Have a safe flight. You’re in for a hell of a lot of jet lag.”

“See you guys in two weeks,” Michelle said with a smile, bidding everyone else goodbye before she and Brian got in the limo and drove off.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is a day late, like I said it would be. But it's out so that's all that matters. The next update will still be on Thursday as previously planned.
Can't wait for this to be over!! Cuz I'm SO excited on these new stories coming up :) One of them is nearly already half done haha