Status: Done :)

They say love is blind, or is it just me?

Chapter thirty nine

Part thirty nine:

"Have you ever thought about a cornealtransplant? " I sat there, blinking a few times.. "A what? " All the hairs on my body stood up straight.. where was this going? "A cornealtransplant.. " The woman started again. "When blindness is caused by a disease, it can nowadays often be cured by a cornea transplant. If this would be the case with your desease, it would increase your chances of getting a child dramatically.. "

Her words were all that went through my head as I couldn’t help but gasp for air. I’d looked so many times.. why didn’t I know this was a possibility? Could it really be possible for me to see again?

~Bam’s POV~
"I don’t mean to get your hopes up.. because it’s not always possible or a succesfull operation.. " I looked up to glare at the woman as I tried to calm Chase down. Way to not get anyone’s hopes up.. bitch.. "Chase, you hear me..? Breathe.. calm down.. " I started breathing loudly and slowly heard her sync her breathing with mine.

~Your POV~
"I’m so sorry.. I never thought it’d affect you this much.. " The woman gave me my third glass of water, I’d yet to fully calm down. The minute her words set in, all sorts of things flashed through my mind. Hope I’d locked away years ago. I would be able to see Bam.. see all the others. I’d be able to do things on my own, I could.. I could do everything! Well, I guess flying would still be out of the question, but you see where I’m getting at..

"I want to see you.. " I whispered, my voice weak from crying. "I want to see you.. " Bam only tightened the grip he had on me. "Babe.. don’t .. " He sighed. "It be stupid to say don’t get your hopes up.. cause I think we both just let that happen.. But, it might not happen Chase.. Try and stay with both feet on the ground. We’re going to make an appointment with the hospital first thing when we get home.. but please slow down. Don’t get ahead of things.. " I nodded slowly, taking in his words. They hurt, a little.. but I knew he was right. "If it’s possible for you to have that surgery, it’ll happen. But just remember the outcome is never certain. " I just kept nodding, letting him know I heard. I didn’t trust my own voice.

When we got home, I still hadn’t calmed down completely. Bam brought me to our room and told me to try and fall asleep, guessing I’d be tired from crying. He was right, though when I heard April enter the house.. I snuck to the stairs again. He’d been telling her the entire story, and I wanted to know her thoughts about it.

~Bam’s POV~
"When she said that mom.. I swear I felt Chase’s heart double in speed. You know money is no problem, I’d buy the world for that girl. But what if the doctor says it’s not possible? I don’t know how I’d be able to handle that.. or Chase for that matter.. she’ll be devastated! I can’t stand to see her cry over a papercut, let alone her entire life! " I sighed and let myself fall onto the couch. "You should’ve heard her.. " I muttered. "All she said was that she wanted to see me.. What if I can’t live up to what she thinks of me..! " I don’t care that I’m practically thirty.. I need my mom right now. For once, I really don’t know how to handle things. Ape stood stunned. "Sweety.. " She muttered. She sat down beside me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "I think the best you can do is try. If there really is a way for Cassie to see again, you know she’ll take it with both hands. You know your relationship works right now.. if the doctor tells you there is no possiblity of an operation, it’ll hurt.. naturally. But Bam, it won’t change anything about you two. You love each other and are going to have a family together. We’re all convinced that will turn out just fine, with or without her eyesight. " I looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "I’m not just saying that Bam.. " A small smile came over her face. "You’ve matured a lot.. Sure, you give me at least ten gray hairs a day.. but you’ve matured. I’m not just saying this to make you feel better. I honestly believe you two can do it. And we’ll all be there for you guys either way. If the operation does happen and Cassie is recovering, or if the operation doesn’t happen and you’ll have to deal with your emotions and adjust to raising a baby like this. It’ll all turn out okay, I’m sure of it. "

I sighed and picked up my phone, calling the hospital. Despite my feelings about the situation, Ape giggled a little. "See? You’ve even grown to such an extent that you’ve got the hospital number on speeddial. " I smiled a weak smile. It had come in handy several times

~Your POV~
I took in everything they said. I guess it was going to be weird, if all goes well, to see Bam. I only have this younger image of him.. how much had he changed?
I sat on the top of the stairs, my arms firmly around the banister. "Cassie? I thought you were in bed? " Oh crap, hadn’t heard April approaching. "I heard you enter and got curious.. " I admitted. She smiled and took my hand, slowly pulling me up. "It’s a big pill to swallow huh? " She was so stealthly guiding me back to the bedroom that I almost didn’t notice. I nodded. "More like a dream.. " I mumbled. "I’d asked for a possible cure a million times.. my doctor never told me about this. I just hope it’s possible.. I can’t stop thinking about it.. " She suddenly pulled me into a bone crushing hug. "I meant what I said down there. It won’t make you a better person Cassie, I know you’ll be happier with yourself and I want that for you, but don’t worry about the future if it doesn’t happen.. you’ll make it. " I wrapped my arms around her. "Thanks April.. that means a lot.. " She smiled. "It’s nothing dear, now lay down and try to sleep.. it’s practically nine anyway, this way you’ll get a good night’s rest. "
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah.. this is shorter than usual but I am extremly curious as to what you guys think of this! XD

Plus I wanted to get one out before my test week started.. so here it is!

Please brighten up this sucky week by leaving a comment? :)
-XOXO